Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NCT Booking - Impossible!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭erie

Finally, I've got my NCT booked on 30/08 at Little Island, Cork... so I'll travel from Limerick to Cork just to get my car test...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

FYI I went onto the NCT website and got an NCT date in Deansgrange two weeks away. Not sure if that was a fluke or not. Let's hope the car passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

booked mine about three weeks ago. just checked all the sites in dublin and there was two full days for ballymun. had the test saturday. place was empty. got there at 12, half an hour early. walked into reception a tester came in, said "vauxhall", and took my keys, this was before i even got to the desk!! three of them ended up testing my car. they couldnt find the vin number at first. feckers came in at the end and asked for the owner of the red CORSA!!! jokers.

I had a similar experience at Deansgrange. I showed up half an hour early on a Wednesday afternoon and I was literally in the door about 30 seconds when they took the keys and started testing the car straight away. Thankfully it passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭erie

stopped by garda today, and asked about NCT... thank god printed NCT booking paper with me in the car...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭dubmick

I can't get a date for a month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

dubmick wrote: »
    I can't get a date for a month

Keep checking online before 8 and between 12 and one. The put up all the cancellations that are available then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

FFS ring them, it's very easy. 1890 200 670.

Got a booking a week from the date I rang in Cahir.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭dubmick

bigkev49 wrote: »
    FFS ring them, it's very easy. 1890 200 670.

Got a booking a week from the date I rang in Cahir.

relax, I did ring them. I'm on some priority list.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

hobochris wrote: »
    I just put my car in for Nct today (it passed no problem)...

I booked it on Sunday online and got an appointment today at Fonthill no problem...

on a side note: The guy had to recheck my suspension on another machine as he thought it was faulty due to my suspension having a near perfect reading. he said its rare for a car four years old to have a reading that good.

Well its not if you do repair your car when needed, not driving the S*** out of it, and droping it in trade in box.

People dont love new cars in this country :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭drver1

Tried to book my car online today in deansgrange, couldnt get a date, so tried fonthill and others and no availible places!!! will ring them tomorrow

I was checking Deansgrange for a few days straight online and it was solidly booked then one Wednesday night about 10pm I checked it and found a day two weeks ahead that had about 6 slots free. So it might be worth checking at "odd" hours too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

I was supposed to be getting one of my cars tested on sept 19th. I dropped the car to little island test centre first thing wed morning, left the keys and €50 and explained the situation. They said they will pull it in when they're free.

I came back at 4:30 to see the car in the car park, keys, NCT cert, €1 change and receipt on the passenger seat. Upon checking the receipt the car was tested at 8:30 in the morning :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I booked my test almost a month ago (in Naas). Its due two weeks toiday and I want to push it back.
    Logged onto www.ncts.ie and entered in my reg and booking number and then receive this:
    WARNING: A vehicle corresponding to the information entered does not exist on our database.
    A phone call to them seems to go unanswered also!
    FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

After numerous attempts trying to book a time through the NCT website, I emailed them at bookings@ncts.ie on Aug 13th telling them about the problems i was having with their site and could I book via email instead.

Received a reply the next morning with a booking for Aug 26th in Fonthill.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dainius

rang NCT on thursday 6.15 pm, got appointment for the next morning 9am at fonthill. Wasnt even expecting to get so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

You can't make an Internet booking for more than five weeks ahead of the due date, and the waiting list in my area is currently six weeks. So here there is no way of getting a test appointment at or before the due date. However, an email to bookings.ie gets you onto a standby list so that they will phone you as soon as they have a cancellation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Longerview

NCT booking is impossible, looked at online booking , nothing available at any time or on any week....Then I read the tip about going online early morning and looking for appointments added overnight ( cancellations ).
    So today I did just that and now have an test booked FOR NEXT WEEK !!!!!!!!!:):)

Advertisement