Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolex spotting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭55Percent

What kind of a shower are running adverts? They delete all comments including relevant questions, and allow someone who hasnt sold anything to sit there with all that positive feedback.

Id sooner sell at a car boot sale than that ****show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭893bet

55Percent wrote: »
    What kind of a shower are running adverts? They delete all comments including relevant questions, and allow someone who hasnt sold anything to sit there with all that positive feedback.

Id sooner sell at a car boot sale than that ****show.

No doubt the last comment be removed again despite there being a million online links of proof that the seller is not trustworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭mad m

@john_cappa.

FairPlay

Hulk sold......for 13k.....

Did not happen.

WF are not paying that type of money. I know that based on the higher value they sell BLNRs for and the offers they made on mine recently.

Liar liar pants on fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Recent trip to Doha and they have all the steel sports Rolex you could buy but the exchange rate puts them 20% over the local rrp

No Daytona’s I assume ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Recent trip to Doha and they have all the steel sports Rolex you could buy but the exchange rate puts them 20% over the local rrp

What did they have? And did you enquire about purchasing? Wondering if it’s the not uncommon “no problem, but we’ll need you to buy a day-date also”

No Daytona’s and no need to purchase anything else it’s just too expensive with the exchange rate

There was a fella on TRF looking for info on Doha just the day before, if you want to give him the heads up. Think he said he'll be there on the weekend? Doha airport does have a history of strong arming SS buyers with PM Models.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

No Daytona’s and no need to purchase anything else it’s just too expensive with the exchange rate

So for example what would a no date submariner cost out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Doha airport does have a history of strong arming SS buyers with PM Models.

Whats a PM Model?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

oxocube wrote: »
    Whats a PM Model?

Precious Metal. Thank you Google :)

• Advertisement

If anyone is in Weirs could they do me a favour and see what they’ve got in terms of new model Datejust 36s (both Twin tone and SS)?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

All Yellow Gold Submariner with black bezel in Lunns Belfast.

It's in the window of one in the Queens Arcade.

I have to admit if I had the money I would have that over a Stainless steel any day!

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

If anyone is in Weirs could they do me a favour and see what they’ve got in terms of new model Datejust 36s (both Twin tone and SS)?

Is there a particular version you want? i was in there the other day getting my DJ adjusted, and could tell you if i saw what your looking for or not if i saw it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭ Layton Howling Mumps

2shea wrote: »
    All Yellow Gold Submariner with black bezel in Lunns Belfast.

It's in the window of one in the Queens Arcade.

I have to admit if I had the money I would have that over a Stainless steel any day!

TT Rolex is totally undervalued at the moment. They are just not in fashon for some reason. I think the GMT 2 TT black dial is lovely. I think maybe its the number of "affordable watches" around that have faux two tone that puts people off.

i have a TT DJ41 coming albeit white gold and steel :o

TT Rolex is totally undervalued at the moment. They are just not in fashon for some reason. I think the GMT 2 TT black dial is lovely. I think maybe its the number of "affordable watches" around that have faux two tone that puts people off.

Undervalued by a small segment only. Two tone datejust is the biggest selling Rolex over the last 40 years and continues to sell well (driven on in western markets currently by a lack of steel alternatives).

In Manchester for the last few days. Not a steel Rolex in sight across multiple ADs shops. Two second hand dealers have them all though.... One of Every rare model, both blnr, Pepsi, both ceramic Daytona’s in the window (I assume more hidden in the safe) and enough subs to shake a stick at.

I passed a small shop and noticed a hulk in the window for 11.5K and tried it on. Got chatting to the owner and he said he has all the other big ones in the safe but he took them out of the window as he was sick of people coming to try them on......i sheepishly had to leave after not buying the hulk .....hulk didn’t blow me away but was very nice.

Indeed 893bet, "undervalued" should be in quotes and only in relation to the current sports model pricing. A lot of people are suggesting that the bubble is fit to burst. The prices are driven by speulators and dealers buys off eachother and adding mark up each time. There are not enough actual end buyers, and eventually there will be no more "greater fools" around to sustain the pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Cyrus wrote: »
    i have a TT DJ41 coming albeit white gold and steel :o

Fluted bezel, jubilee bracelet?

Marcusm wrote: »
    Fluted bezel, jubilee bracelet?

of course

blue dial :D

Time wrote: »
    Is there a particular version you want? i was in there the other day getting my DJ adjusted, and could tell you if i saw what your looking for or not if i saw it.

Great. It’s this one in particular. Keane’s have a few more blinged variants of it, but this is the exact model I’m looking for.

https://watchbase.com/rolex/datejust/126231-0013

• Advertisement

Great. It’s this one in particular. Keane’s have a few more blinged variants of it, but this is the exact model I’m looking for.

https://watchbase.com/rolex/datejust/126231-0013

Theres definitely a rose gold two tone there, but i don't remember whether it had that exact dial sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Cyrus wrote: »
    of course

blue dial :D

Roman, Arabic or other markers? You’re making me jealous. I’ve waited 10 years or more for that combo but have lost the grá

Marcusm wrote: »
    Roman, Arabic or other markers? You’re making me jealous. I’ve waited 10 years or more for that combo but have lost the grá

Baton dial

This one

126334_blue_index_jubilee-new.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

That’s pure class Cyrus. I’m looking forward to real life pictures.

I've the 36mm version of that Cyrus, its an absolutely beautiful watch in the flesh. Great choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

Hi all thinking of buying my first Rolex and travelling to Hong Kong in October for business I’m I right in believing that I may pick up one slightly cheaper over there?

Also any views on the Airking I haven’t seen one in person but think they look great on the website?

Be sure to flag that on the internet before coming through customs....blue or green channel we will never know. The wall have ears.....

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Rootsblower

collie0708 wrote: »
    Hi all thinking of buying my first Rolex and travelling to Hong Kong in October for business I’m I right in believing that I may pick up one slightly cheaper over there?

Also any views on the Airking I haven’t seen one in person but think they look great on the website?

Grey market dealers for stainless steel professional Rolex models are charging an arm and a leg over the odds in Hong Kong

collie0708 wrote: »

The airking is nice. One of the few pieces you “might” get in an AD on the day.

I would prefer an OP 36 or 39 personally.

No idea on pricing in HK.

• Advertisement

Air King is a very nice watch, I dont know why people dont like it. There is a nice one on adverts at the moment.

Advertisement