Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying scrap metal

• 30-03-2019 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

What is the story with Hammond Lane in Athlone?
    Twice I have been in there to buy some random scrap steel and both times I have been fobbed off by the same old blaggard clean clothed desk jockey.
    Whats the story do they only buy and collect but not sell back?

I am getting into metal working and welding but find buying fresh metal out of the usual local suppliers can be quite expensive so I thought places like hammond lane were supposed to be a great source to get random inexpensive bits of steel to work with for the weekend steel hobbyist.

Am I wrong in my thinking or is the guy behind the desk just being a dick to me?

Comments

That’s normal these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Caddyvanman

Theres signs up all around the entrance that they Do Not Sell anything. They only buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DeFinch89

Is that pretty much the standard with big scrapyards so?

Now I understand why there are so many donedeal ads for buying scrap metal. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

try a few of the engineering factories or smaller metal workers in the area that might let you take/buy the waste metal they wont use

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement