Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Science :)

Options
  • 12-06-2010 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Thursday 17 of june
    9.30 to 11.30

Any predictions? :confused::(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Thursday 17 of june
    9.30 to 11.30

Any predictions? :confused::(

you cant really predict science...they tend to ask a question on nearly every topic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭tracy wacy x

what about experiments ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Well nearly every year a part comes up on the prep of 02 or CO2 :)
    So learn the guidelines and the equations.
    ESPECIALLY the equations or you might as well say 'bye bye marks'!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

what about experiments ? :(

I posted a list of the experiments my teacher predicted in the Notes thread I think :confused: Have a look there.

thxs a mil guys :D really hate science thank god for de 35 percent ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭katiemce

You should just attempt to study for it. You don't wanna fail again do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

In Science most times you get away with only knowing O2, CO2 and Titration experiments. And a bit of general knowledge does the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

The expereimentss either the making of Oxygen (and how you prove you have made oxygen eg relights a glowing splint)
    Making Carbon Dioxide and how you prove
    And making the one with the Zinc (forget what its called) =S

katiemce wrote: »

wha got 51 percent in mocks didnt fail :p
    i siad thank got we already hav got up to 35 percent :D

where ya going i didnt fail got a D is dat a fail , awh darn :rolleyes:
    i said lyk thank fu ck we get 35 percent before we start de exam:D

• Advertisement

where ya going i didnt fail got a D is dat a fail , awh darn :rolleyes:
    i said lyk thank fu ck we get 35 percent before we start de exam:D

no it's not a fail :p

wha got 51 percent in mocks didnt fail :p
    i siad thank got we already hav got up to 35 percent :D

Ahhh I see! I thought you meant you already got 35%! Sorry lol a 53% for the mocks isn't bad at all!! I know alot of people who got less.

Science really isn't as bad as people make it out to be! I'm sure if you tried to understand the stuff and take a positive attitude to it you'd enjoy it. I used to despise it because i never understood the work but now it's def one of my fav subjects!! I'm sure you'll do really well in the junior tho.

Oh and as for predictions, my teacher went over a few things that are likely to come up, Air, water, acids and bases, magnetism and thats all I can remember lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

For the the 2 special experiment things we did, yano we dont actually got the 25%! Well we might but you could get anything from 1% to 25%
    My science teacher said when you used mark them most people got 17%-22%

Worried bout this exam...

Science really isn't as bad as people make it out to be! I'm sure if you tried to understand the stuff and take a positive attitude to it you'd enjoy it. I used to despise it because i never understood the work but now it's def one of my fav subjects!! I'm sure you'll do really well in the junior tho.

thanks
    i studied like hell for de mocks and still got a D so im worried !! :):D
    wha did you get :pac:

deise_girl wrote: »
    For the the 2 special experiment things we did, yano we dont actually got the 25%! Well we might but you could get anything from 1% to 25%
    My science teacher said when you used mark them most people got 17%-22%

Worried bout this exam...

are teacher helped did it for us so we better get 25 :D

Please tell me ye didn't all write the same thing :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

For Biology: food is tipped to come up. Make sure you understand blood, nerves, plant reproduction, photosynthesis and tropisms.

For Chemistry: either Oxygen or Carbon Dioxide always comes up and the titration nearly always comes up. For the first two, make sure you know the equations, the equipment you need to make them and how to test to prove which gas it is (for oxygen it relights a glowing splint etc.). For the titration make sure you know the equation and equipment. The reactivity of metals is also very important and is likely to come up. Atomic structure comes up a lot too. The water hardness exp. is tipped to come up.

For Physics: make sure you know your calculations. Energy and forces, friction, magnetism, Hooke's law, levers and light are also important and likely to come up.

If you need them there are some science notes in this thread. :)

I'd highly doubt it to be honest, though you are likely to do quite well I would be very surprised if you get 25% as very little people do.

• Advertisement

For Biology: food is tipped to come up. Make sure you understand blood, nerves, plant reproduction, photosynthesis and tropisms.

For Chemistry: either Oxygen or Carbon Dioxide always comes up and the titration nearly always comes up. For the first two, make sure you know the equations, the equipment you need to make them and how to test to prove which gas it is (for oxygen it relights a glowing splint etc.). For the titration make sure you know the equation and equipment. The reactivity of metals is also very important and is likely to come up. Atomic structure comes up a lot too. The water hardness exp. is tipped to come up.

For Physics: make sure you know your calculations. Energy and forces, friction, magnetism, Hooke's law, levers and light are also important and likely to come up.

Thanks for that...that's exactly what my teacher said too :D

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Please tell me ye didn't all write the same thing :eek:

yeah why ?

:pac:

only messin no we did them ourselfs and she added in stuff to make it better . mine was pretty good ;) how was yours?

thanks a mil hun :)

yeah why ?

:pac:

only messin no we did them ourselfs and she added in stuff to make it better . mine was pretty good ;) how was yours?

Grand, I was happy with it...thought it went good, hoping for about 20% as I hear (as people already said) they don't usually give above 22%

Thanks for that...that's exactly what my teacher said too :D

Definitely a good sign. :p
    thanks a mil hun :)

No problem guys. :)

Grand, I was happy with it...thought it went good, hoping for about 20% as I hear (as people already said) they don't usually give above 22%

we can change that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fifi_finfin

Glee_GG wrote: »
    you cant really predict science...they tend to ask a question on nearly every topic!

not exactly!! on the inside of the exam papers they show what has and hasnt come up!

not exactly!! on the inside of the exam papers they show what has and hasnt come up!

really :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fifi_finfin

really :(

well on the folens ones there is!!

• Advertisement

thanks
    i studied like hell for de mocks and still got a D so im worried !! :):D
    wha did you get :pac:

68 :/ It was the highest in my class tho most people failed :/
    Hoping for a B in the real thing :D been studying it sooo much since the mocks I know everything inside out because I've revised it like a million times lol

Advertisement