Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sh!t that makes you feel old.

• 22-06-2019 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭

Hearing Eminem on the Larry Gogan golden hour (I know its gone now).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Getting refused entry to underage discos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Two day hangovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

Having to stay in bed all day Saturday cause you went out Friday night....and had two drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

My age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Getting refused entry to underage discos.

Nothing to do with your age. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Nosnon wrote: »
    Hearing Eminem on the Larry Gogan golden hour (I know its gone now).

Still on RTE Gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭seamusk84

We had some transition years in the office during the week for a bit of work experience. I had to give a run through of my career to date and told them I graduated college in 05.
    One of them said to me: I was three years old then.
    Fecking hell....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Thinking your niece that you only see occasionally is still a teenager as she looks so young- when she's actually 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Attempting to climb trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

seamusk84 wrote: »
    We had some transition years in the office during the week for a bit of work experience. I had to give a run through of my career to date and told them I graduated college in 05.
    Fecking hell....

****ing hell, you graduated in 05.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Fecking hell....

The guy who sits to my left in work wasn’t even born when I graduated from my degree course. And he isn’t an intern this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

When you ask your wife does she want to go out to the pictures and you're delighted when she says no, let's watch one on TV instead

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Listening back to music from the 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

Nightclubs/late night bars and I’m only in my thirties. You know there’s no turning back when you walk out saying the music is too loud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,776 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

As a 15 year old I was lucky enough to score match tickets to a few games in World Cup 94, including the famous Italy vs Ireland game. I found the photos the other night in a drawer and was just freaked out by how young we all looked. It didn’t seem THAT long ago but simple maths tells me it’s 25 years ago last week.

A third of a lifetime ago ! That’s a bit of a kick up the arse. It doesn’t seem that long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

That 70s Show was first broadcast in 1999, 20 years after the year in which it was set (1979). We're now 20 years on from 1999.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I work with a lad who wasn't born last time Ireland played in a world cup. I watched the Spain match in a pub and went drinking for the day afterwards. I was older then than he is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Lads signing their date of birth on the astro-league registration form at the start of season.
    Loads of 1996 and 1997 dates there.

Jaysus lads I was married with kids before ye were even born.

I make a point of signing near the end of the form..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Being invited to the wedding of your best friend's daughter and remembering being at his wedding over 30 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,429 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Tying your shoelaces and thinking “is there anything else I have to do while I’m down here?”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Taking a load of my CDs into the charity shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

When someone refers to you as “Mam” (not in the mother sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Hearing someone on the television refer to a Blankity Blank check book and pen.

Tying your shoelaces and thinking “is there anything else I have to do while I’m down here?”

Billy Connolly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

When I bend down to tie my shoelaces I wonder is there anything else I can do while I'm down there.

Gerry G wrote: »
    When I bend down to tie my shoelaces I wonder is there anything else I can do while I'm down there.

Sounds familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

When you realise how old your email address is!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 51,429 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sounds familiar

A forgotten twin I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

When a sports star is regarded as a veteran, and you remember him/her making their debut.

Taking an active interest in the local death notices.

When you look forward to an early night.

I am guilty of all the above. And shouting at 'the damn kids of today'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

People born in the year 2000 and later.

Advertisement