Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MTB Photos taken on your cycle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Old kenmare road today

NTZeAtJ.jpg
    JyYHc0n.jpg
    3oisado.jpg
    8S2Z041.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Very nice. It's on my list to do some day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

Lovely pictures. Last time I was down at Torq waterfall, I thought the signs said no cycling that route, buy I could be mistaken.

Is it a trail you could do on a gravel bike

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭covey123

What distance is it?time to do it?

cletus wrote: »
    Lovely pictures. Last time I was down at Torq waterfall, I thought the signs said no cycling that route, buy I could be mistaken.

Is it a trail you could do on a gravel bike

Yeah, not supposed to be cycling there, I can't say I know why. I prefer to ask for forgiveness than permission though. Definitely couldn't do it on a gravel bike, it's rougher than a badger's arse.

• Advertisement

covey123 wrote: »
    What distance is it?time to do it?

Bicycle Tour 24.04.2019
    https://www.komoot.com/tour/t64059818?ref=atd

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭covey123

Definitely have to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭saccades

[QUOTE=deandean;109994557
    I must say I was not impressed with this 1x10 gearing. It's OK at the low end but I ran out of gears once the speed picked up - whereas at this stage I'd have about 10 more gears to go on my traditional 3x10 setup.
    478393.JPG
    478394.JPG
    478395.JPG[/QUOTE]
    I thought it would be a bit pants too , i bet the gearing is for tourists so quite low.

Its great, no mental maths or thinking to wonder about where you are in the cassette and does it make sense depending on the trail ahead to change the front.

Up or down, left side for seat, right side for gears means you can cane it concentrating on the trail.

It turned into a glorious evening
    8PeUyAr.jpg

OuuSQrH.jpg
    hyu06XC.jpg
    2RzQx4R.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Your photos never disappoint. Is that inch/ castlemaine in the background ?

Peter T wrote: »
    Your photos never disappoint. Is that inch/ castlemaine in the background ?

Thanks it's taken on the top of Strickeen in the Gap of dunloe. The reeks are in the background. That's Dingle bay on the third pic

KxkIZav.jpg

This loop is 5 mins from my house. Requires a little hike-a-bike but good when you're caught for time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

xxyyzz wrote: »
    KxkIZav.jpg

This loop is 5 mins from my house. Requires a little hike-a-bike but good when you're caught for time.

Bet ya I could get there in 3.... :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Lough Nadirkmore, taken from yesterday's Western Lakes MTB Audax.

484093.jpg

What was the turnout like? Hadn't seen that advertised at all, would've been interested in that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

rizzodun wrote: »
    What was the turnout like? Hadn't seen that advertised at all, would've been interested in that.

I only did the 100 (106k) which had about 30 odd at a guess, I saw the 200 crew leaving as I was coming in and I'd say about 15 of them give or take. I did it on a CX and my off road skills are crap, so I struggled badly* on some bits but it was fantastic craic. Course finished on the clubs BMX circuit for that final laugh of the day. Really friendly vibe, well organised and a great part of the country if you get a chance. Lots of bohereens and fire roads for the most part so not that technical for any regular MTBer, though a few bits of bog and rocky bits thrown in there too. I'll be back next year, hopefully with a few more skills.

(* cut off time was 6 hours, took me just under 9)

smacl wrote: »
    I only did the 100 (106k) which had about 30 odd at a guess, I saw the 200 crew leaving as I was coming in and I'd say about 15 of them give or take. I did it on a CX and my off road skills are crap, so I struggled badly* on some bits but it was fantastic craic. Course finished on the clubs BMX circuit for that final laugh of the day. Really friendly vibe, well organised and a great part of the country if you get a chance. Lots of bohereens and fire roads for the most part so not that technical for any regular MTBer, though a few bits of bog and rocky bits thrown in there too. I'll be back next year, hopefully with a few more skills.

(* cut off time was 6 hours, took me just under 9)

Fair play. Will have to look out for it.

Also:
    Mods, ban this heathen for talking about cx bikes in the MTB forum. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

rizzodun wrote: »
    Fair play. Will have to look out for it.

Also:
    Mods, ban this heathen for talking about cx bikes in the MTB forum. :pac:

You haven't long to wait for similar

https://www.audaxireland.org/events-calendar/gazetteer/200km-events/mayo-xtrm-200/

cL2tDhu.jpg
    RisM482.jpg
    T7JSRC1.jpg
    AAyhHDy.jpg
    q6tS6Yj.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Some lovely shots there xxyyzz. Also digging the stem-cap :D

p4KaU6Y.jpg
    giGkdyY.jpg
    WAFMB82.jpg
    TMEYaxT.jpg
    ROMHxzr.jpg
    pbLiLpG.jpg
    fEXQPuX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭prunudo

Took a detour from the usual Ballinastoe trails yesterday.

fftuKVZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Where is that xxyyzz?

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Where is that xxyyzz?
    Sliabh an Iolair back west of Dingle
    Mt Eagle
    https://www.komoot.com/tour/t80240136

Mt Eagle

Looks like a cracking spot for a wander :)

That bike has me counting down the weeks for the btw again :D

Mt Eagle

Looks like a cracking spot for a wander :)

That bike has me counting down the weeks for the btw again :D

Yeah my first time up there. It's a fireroads climb to the top and a singletrack descent down the other side. Fantastic trail.

Are you looking to get a remedy?

I'm considering it alright they're a cracking looking machine.

I'm considering it alright they're a cracking looking machine.
    It's a great bike alright, the reach is probably a bit on the conservative side by today's standards but it's not meant as an enduro sled, it's an all day trail bike with enough travel to handle some very rough stuff. It actually climbs better than my previous bike which was a 130mm Whyte t130.

• Advertisement

It's a great bike alright, the reach is probably a bit on the conservative side by today's standards but it's not meant as an enduro sled, it's an all day trail bike with enough travel to handle some very rough stuff. It actually climbs better than my previous bike which was a 130mm Whyte t130.

Yeah I'm in 2 minds as to what to get I like the slash also but not a big fan of 29r I find them awkward. I also like the moondraker dune r as the slack head angle is class in the corners.

A lad I know did the Megavalanche last weekend on a remedy he said it was grand and not a bother on it.

Advertisement