Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derrytaugh

• 28-12-2017 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Looking for a birth/baptism information on my grandfather who was born June 1871 in Derrytaugh.  I have a picture of a copy of the certificate but I cannot read the exact date or his parents names. Derrytaugh, Lurgan, Armagh is all I know.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You will need to give a surname at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cokieran

surname is Kearns, Given name is Joseph

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

is this the birth of your Joseph ?

24th June 1871, Lurgan superintendent's district , registrar's district Lurgan no. 2. place of birth looks like Derrytagh, so probably either Derrytagh North or Derrytagh South townland in Montiaghs civil parish.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

On the one Shane linked to the mothers maiden name looks like Heany but I'm not sure about the fathers forename.

437230.png

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

24th June 1871, Derrytagh,
    Joseph, father William Kearns, mother Mary Anne Kearns, formerly Heany(?), registered by what looks like Helena (?) Kearns on 14th July, 1871.

• Advertisement

father is William Kearns and mother Mary Anne Heany

Yes that matches the info I was given, just can't figure out the name of the mom ( looks like May Anne Heaney and father William

He was baptised in Seagoe parish on 18th June 1871, so their date of birth may be a bit of a guess.
    https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000633263#page/12/mode/1up

Thanks, how do you order a copy of this? My cousin has a copy but has not shared details as to how he got it.

You can print it off from that address.

• Advertisement

a partial transcript is included in the civil birth collection on FamilySearch for Joseph's birth.

The same collection includes several siblings - one as Cairns. See Kearns/Heany births

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

OP - in future, please post handwriting queries in the relevant thread.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement