Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Roses/Heroes/Quality Street/Celebrations et al Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

All the usual sweets €5 now in tesco tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Sparkles2012

On the Tesco website Q Street, Roses, Heroes, Celebrations are €4.95 Valid from today until the 25th December

Just noticed the Bassetts Trio Tub 750g is €12.99 on the Tesco Website, its only €6.00 on the Heatons Website incase anyone is thinking of buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭skydish79

already posted

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Where's the 3 for 5€ selection boxes eh? All seem to be "half price" at 1.99€ upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

vicwatson wrote: »
    Where's the 3 for 5€ selection boxes eh? All seem to be "half price" at 1.99€ upwards

Yeah I'm going to hold out to see if they come down. Half price @ €2.49 for a medium Cadbury selection box seems waaay too much. Here's hoping they reduce the price for December ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Snow Crash

Has anyone seen the Chocolate Kimberley/Mikado/Coconut Creams tins going cheap(under €8) anywhere yet?

et101 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm going to hold out to see if they come down. Half price @ €2.49 for a medium Cadbury selection box seems waaay too much. Here's hoping they reduce the price for December ;)

IIRC they were 3 for a fiver around now, or even before now, last year.

€8 is cheapest I've seen the Choc Kim - they'd want to cop on with their 12€ !!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭barneyrub

Celebration tin was €4.99in Aldi today

On the Tesco website Q Street, Roses, Heroes, Celebrations are €4.95 Valid from today until the 25th December

I saw this alright but their ad on tv at present shows the price is valid until 23/11 if I saw it correctly. One of them is wrong !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Reina Delightful Dolt

Have the boxes gotten smaller?

5.99 in the shop in James hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭smallgarden

IIRC they were 3 for a fiver around now, or even before now, last year.

€8 is cheapest I've seen the Choc Kim - they'd want to cop on with their 12€ !!

Is €8 for choc Kim still available anywhere?

Roses 4.99"in aldi next week

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Not quite 3 for €5 but Medium selection boxes are €1.79 each in mace's nationwide. Ends tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dockc

Is €8 for choc Kim still available anywhere?

Would also be interested in knowing where these are for €8 as need a few boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Just a heads up as well for an additional few quid off if you plan on buying a good few boxes, we bought the Sunday Independent for the Aldi voucher and bought 10 boxes of the Celebrations and a few items off and received €10 off. Worth it if you're buying a few boxes or need to buy other stuff from Aldi.

I know Tesco and Dunnes have similar money off promotions when you spend over X too but I don't have the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Soon as i saw the word Hydrogenated in list of ingredients in these chocolates i put them down. In my local Tesco €4.95 who buy a big box of blueberries. Buy them instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Soon as i saw the word Hydrogenated in list of ingredients in these chocolates i put them down. In my local Tesco €4.95 who buy a big box of blueberries. Buy them instead.

Why don't you bog off to the hippy forum or some such then instead of clogging up this one??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lol, here kids have some blueberries. Where the **** are the Celebrations Dad? Some dude on boards said they have hydrogenated something in them, none for ye.:D

What size blueberry? My son would go for them every time :)

• Advertisement

Your typical Supermarket ploy have the chocies/sugardrinks and general hazardous food by the security gates and checkouts. And the greatest of Superfoods the Blueberry all the way in the produce section. When i was in Tesco a few days ago shopping i noticed a few people with half a trolley full of those cheap chocolates. Lets just say they wouldn't be running the local marathon anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

Your typical Supermarket ploy have the chocies/sugardrinks and general hazardous food by the security gates and checkouts. And the greatest of Superfoods the Blueberry all the way in the produce section. When i was in Tesco a few days ago shopping i noticed a few people with half a trolley full of those cheap chocolates. Lets just say they wouldn't be running the local marathon anytime soon.

I run marathons and have got my box of heroes tucked away for christmas already :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭kieran26

I would have thought that they should be in the produce section. they are fruit after all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You're surprised that a supermarket has offers in a high traffic area, and fruit in the fruit section?

Just how many supermarkets have you been in?

Yawn, we like chocolates, there is plenty of time for Blueberries (when in season for example):D !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

And the greatest of Superfoods the Blueberry all the way in the produce section.

You do realise that no food is a 'superfood' and it is all marketing rubbish??

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/science/there-s-no-such-thing-as-a-superfood-it-s-nonsense-1.1998166

Anyway back on track, how are we all doing on the 3 for 5€ (or better) on Selection boxes lads and lassies? anyone see these deals around?

No offense to Prof Mike Gibney from UCD. But i'd take what he says with a pinch of salt. Probably had one to many sherries writing that guff....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

No offense to Prof Mike Gibney from UCD. But i'd take what he says with a pinch of salt.

Low sodium salt I take it? Hypertension and all that.

• Advertisement

Prof Gibney says, “There’s no such thing as a good or bad food. Like i said with statements like that i'd be hurling paper balls are him in his lecturers. I'm not trolling so i finish on that. My whole point from the start is that those chocolates are to cheap for a reason that's all.

Advertisement