Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free Sky Remote for Customers with Sky VIP (May depend on how long you're with them)

Options
  • 19-08-2020 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Sky are giving away a Sky Q remote for customers who sign up to their My Sky app.

I've been with them over 3 years so I'm on their gold tier - not sure if people who are with them for a shorter amount of time will get this but worth checking it out.

Just download the My Sky app, go to rewards and look for the free Sky Q remote.

It's the version with the microphone too for anyone interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭danois

OREGATO wrote: »
    Sky are giving away a Sky Q remote for customers who sign up to their My Sky app.

I've been with them over 3 years so I'm on their gold tier - not sure if people who are with them for a shorter amount of time will get this but worth checking it out.

I got the email went to the app and the offer is there but no way to actual request it. Did you manage to get it ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

danois wrote: »
    I got the email went to the app and the offer is there but no way to actual request it. Did you manage to get it ordered?

Try again, when I went in, the redeem button was missing but it popped up for me after an hour or two

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'm diamond tier and no option there for me :confused:

I'm diamond tier and no option there for me :confused:

Are you a Sky Q customer?

Possibly should have mentioned that it's on Sky Q only.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Do sky not own the Sky Q box? unlike Sky+ when you leave Sky you have to send the Sky Q box back, so if remote is faulty they have to replace it I would think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

meathman0 wrote: »
    Do sky not own the Sky Q box? unlike Sky+ when you leave Sky you have to send the Sky Q box back, so if remote is faulty they have to replace it I would think.

Yes Sky own the Q equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Redeem option is there but no confirmation of the order going through.....

fdevine wrote: »
    Redeem option is there but no confirmation of the order going through.....

I got an email to say that my order has been received.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 6 CorkBhoy37

Got a confirmation email from Sky.

You have purchased the following equipment from us, which will be delivered to you separately within the next 30 days (unless you agreed otherwise as part of your order):

Sky VIP Reward - Sky Q Voice Remote

€29.99

Sky VIP Reward - Free Sky Q Voice Remote
    -€29.99
    €0.00

I got an email to say that my order has been received.

Got the confirmation eventually. Thanks again OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

just did the same, was there for me under sky vip gold.
    Waiting on confirmation email now, thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

*dons tinfoil hat*

They want everyone to have a voive remote so they can listen in to everyone's conversations, so the lizard people can keep controlling us through 5G and the microrobots they inject into us with vaccines!

*throws hat away*

Ordered! Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

This is the most ridiculous bargain alert thread ever!

The bloody equipment is owned by Sky!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

With them 19 years and it isn't there for me, despite having a SKy Q box!

IrishHomer wrote: »
    This is the most ridiculous bargain alert thread ever!

The bloody equipment is owned by Sky!

It's FREE (hence the bargain) so IDGAFF who owns it but AFAIK if you purchase additional equipment such as remotes then you own them. The Sky box & the remote it originally comes with you retain for the duration of your contract only

Virgin, and probably the others, retain ownership of their equipment too and will always want it back which isn't always necessarily the case with Sky. I was more than happy to get every POS VM hardware out of the house TBH

In two years with Sky I've aready gotten more out of my sub than I ever did out of being with NTL/Chorus/UPC/Virgin for close on two decades

actually on a related note, i just told sky my remote wasnt working last month, they just sent a replacement free.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

phill106 wrote: »
    actually on a related note, i just told sky my remote wasnt working last month, they just sent a replacement free.

How did you do this? Chat, phone number?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Give them a call, they're pretty good when it comes to things like this in fairness, we had one replaced too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

We have SkyQ since Dec. 2018 and the remote stopped working a few months ago.
    Sky replaced it for free without any questions, and the new remote arrived very quickly too.

In related news, there's a good app available to control your SkyQ box

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.osfunapps.SkyRemoteUK&hl=en_IE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Are you a Sky Q customer?

Possibly should have mentioned that it's on Sky Q only.

Yeah i upgraded to sky Q about 3.5 years ago

With regard to the remote I have the 1st gen remote but thats very tempremental. I wonder if I give them a call they might send out the new BT remote :)

• Advertisement

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    How did you do this? Chat, phone number?
    Thanks

Was a phonecall for me, they had no issue with it, no negotiations or threats, just did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Was a phonecall for me, they had no issue with it, no negotiations or threats, just did it.

Surprised they do this when they've TV remotes to buy here - https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/tv/all

Surprised they do this when they've TV remotes to buy here - https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/tv/all

you and me both!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

If you're calling sky, remember to use the free 1800 927 476 number and not the advertised 0818 number which costs money. It adds up when you're on hold for half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Yeah i upgraded to sky Q about 3.5 years ago

With regard to the remote I have the 1st gen remote but thats very tempremental. I wonder if I give them a call they might send out the new BT remote :)

Just ordered one.

How do you go about pairing the BT remote with the sky mini box? My xaoimi smart TV in the bedroom (where the mini box is) also uses a Bluetooth remote, so you can see where this is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Is this free remote Bluetooth or the older infrared?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Sky Diamond customer and no offer of free remote on my Sky VIP app either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Oat23 wrote: »
    If you're calling sky, remember to use the free 1800 927 476 number and not the advertised 0818 number which costs money. It adds up when you're on hold for half an hour.

There was a change to this last December.

0818 numbers now cost no more to call than a local landline number, and they will come out of any call allowances that you have on your plan.

Comreg actually did something useful.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Just ordered one.

How do you go about pairing the BT remote with the sky mini box? My xaoimi smart TV in the bedroom (where the mini box is) also uses a Bluetooth remote, so you can see where this is going.

There's a remotes section in settings on the SkyQ box. Imagine it's in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Tzardine wrote: »
    There was a change to this last December.

0818 numbers now cost no more to call than a local landline number, and they will come out of any call allowances that you have on your plan.

Comreg actually did something useful.

Didn't know that. Good news.

However, 1800 numbers are completely free and they won't deduct minutes from your plan for calling them. So calling the 1800 number is probably better for most. If I called 0818 from my Three sim they would deduct minutes from my 60 free per month that I get and start charging me after my free minutes are gone. :)

Advertisement