Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The return of Foals

• 05-11-2012 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

New song here. Similar to the funkiness of songs like Miami from the last album, but then gets quite heavy in the chorus.

I liked it after 20 seconds :) New album called Holy Fire will be out on 11 Feb 2013.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Heard this last night, completely blown away. There’s obviously a distinctive Foals sound, but this is something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's absolutely fantastic. Seems to be getting great buzz too across the net. The heavy sound works so well within the song too.

Now do a bloody Irish gig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Seen them mentioned as similar to errors..a band i rate highly ..cant see why based on that song?..semi-mildly infectious but awesome no.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

That chorus riff sounds like Tom Morello. And I'm not sure in a good way. Perhaps I'm judging too soon. I'll listen again. I really love Foals. Not digging the (over) production either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i like it but it gets to heavy at times,more than what im use to with foals, maybe a change is good but a few more listens will decide it for me:) i also like the fact that each album is different to each other, i wouldnt like all their releases to be like antidotes, i think you'd get sick of it after a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

If this is the direction the new album will be aiming towards, then sign me up, got some sass. And to echoe someone elses sentiments, play an Irish gig, like please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nissim

Foals are a great band, always looking to try something new. Glad they're back.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

If this is the direction the new album will be aiming towards, then sign me up, got some sass. And to echoe someone elses sentiments, play an Irish gig, like please!!

Thurs 28th Feb - Dublin, The Academy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Where'd you hear that, Blackpitts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

BMXs and tattoos and skateboards and fireworks and graffiti and drugs? Foals are so like down with the street.

Who made the video, Avril Lavigne?

• Advertisement

Blackpitts wrote: »
    Thurs 28th Feb - Dublin, The Academy

Any clue on tix? Where did you get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Another into the calendar.

Busy few months of gigs.

Cheers Cream

Another into the calendar.

Busy few months of gigs.

Cheers Cream

Same here, another one added.

Paul Banks, Everything Everything, Biffy Clyro and now Foals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭MajorThom

This is a little more like it. I'm a self confessed Foals fanboy but 'inhaler' is just too RATM for me. If it transpires that it is just them pulling proverbial musical wheelies to show their diversity then that's fine, I applaud them for that but I hope the album leans towards the sound of 'My Number'. I look forward to more!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I saw Foals support Bloc Party back in 2008 and have followed them ever since. i'll def be gettin tickets for this. Class band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

MajorThom wrote: »

This is a little more like it. I'm a self confessed Foals fanboy but 'inhaler' is just too RATM for me. If it transpires that it is just them pulling proverbial musical wheelies to show their diversity then that's fine, I applaud them for that but I hope the album leans towards the sound of 'My Number'. I look forward to more!

Thats definately better nice guitar intro..

I really liked 'My Number' but I still think 'Inhaler' still stands out. 'My Number' sounded like it could have been on TLF, and that's certainly not a bad thing, but the way Foals changed the sound between 'Antidotes' and 'TLF' I really hope they've continued that.

Either way The Academy next year is gonna be rocking.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    Same here, another one added.

Paul Banks, Everything Everything, Biffy Clyro and now Foals :D

Have yet to check out Everything Everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Have yet to check out Everything Everything.

Saw them at EP in 2011, and as support for ? someone a while ago.
    I don't understand all the hype tbh. but remember what public enemy said about that...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Oh my God, My number, that really is funky, really digging that. Can't wait for Academy gig, exxxxxxcited!

i prefer my number to inhaler, getting stick for it ( but havent a breeze why??)

i like both. My Number sounds like a TLF song as Corholio said above, whereas Inhaler is quite different for them, but still good.
    very interested to see how the rest of the album sounds, if it's more like TLF and Inhaler is the outlier, or if it's heavier overall.....

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Have listened to 'Inhaler' a fair few times now. I was initially hesitant about its sound and I still am. I know there's some truth in a song being a good song regardless of production, but I definitely think the production on "Inhaler' hurts the song-the Jools Holland performance is testament to that. The drums/ guitar tones in chorus on recording are late 90's/ early 00's sounding to my ears. I get that this is subjective and not a concern for most but I can't help but feel that it could've been captured better.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Been hearing them a lot played by Paul Mcloone on Today FM and am liking what I'm hearing. Not familiar with there earlier output, what would be a good album to start with??

lewisdhead wrote: »
    Been hearing them a lot played by Paul Mcloone on Today FM and am liking what I'm hearing. Not familiar with there earlier output, what would be a good album to start with??

ehhhhh antidotes

• Advertisement

'Hummer', 'Mathletics' and 'Astronauts and All' are also worth listening to and not on any of their albums.

Advertisement