Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

When gunman #1 ran down the stairs after dispatching Marno his accomplice had his own gun pointed at him. The kid was between the two of them, so gunman #1 shot the poor youngfella in an effort to make 'beans' drop his weapon. Both of them then panicked and ran to the car, gunman #1 knew he was a marked man from then on, and still is.

so after pointing guns at each other and about to kill one another, they got in the same car and drove off together? or am I reading this wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

El_Bee wrote: »
    so after pointing guns at each other and about to kill one another, they got in the same car and drove off together? or am I reading this wrong?

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Honour among thieves, their priority at that time was to flee the scene. :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

It may seem strange, but these gangsters are very forgiving. For example, Brian Meehan tried to kill the Viper a few years ago, and not too long after shooting him they were associates again. The Hutch / Kinahan thing could end up the same way. Normal people wouldn't accept to live their lives like that, these are sociopaths who don't think rationally. to hear the Don was the getaway driver, and then himself get shot only a few years later is mad. he hid behind a lounge boy that night and tried to have him shot instead. another great loss to society.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

I see the Sun newspaper have Wardys gang down for killing Zach Parker. Seen a few posts a couple of weeks ago on the truthseekers twitter page saying the same. I wonder if there is any truth in this, I wouldn't be surprised. Some neck turning up at the funeral.

Certainly has the hallmarks of a SC hit, he gets the job done.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

I see the Sun newspaper have Wardys gang down for killing Zach Parker. Seen a few posts a couple of weeks ago on the truthseekers twitter page saying the same. I wonder if there is any truth in this, I wouldn't be surprised. Some neck turning up at the funeral.

Certainly has the hallmarks of a SC hit, he gets the job done.

SC does hits? Hahah reverse the initials then you have your gunman.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

PLOPS wrote: »
    It may seem strange, but these gangsters are very forgiving. For example, Brian Meehan tried to kill the Viper a few years ago, and not too long after shooting him they were associates again. The Hutch / Kinahan thing could end up the same way. Normal people wouldn't accept to live their lives like that, these are sociopaths who don't think rationally. to hear the Don was the getaway driver, and then himself get shot only a few years later is mad. he hid behind a lounge boy that night and tried to have him shot instead. another great loss to society.

Wasn't it widely speculated at one point that Fat Freddie was in DJK's bad books and a target himself for a hit, until the feud erupted and they decided they needed his help? That's some extraordinary turnaround - "oh, you were going to hire someone to murder me a few months ago but let's work together on this instead". I always thought that aspect of Love/Hate was incredibly unrealistic (Elmo becoming Nidge's right hand man in season 5 after himself and his cousin being framed and targeted by Nidge himself in season 3 to save his own skin) but from what I hear, trying to murder eachother one week and being best friends the next is weirdly normal for some of these crews.

This is starting to sound like Miss Marple!

This is starting to sound like Miss Marple!

You stick to selling Massey Ferguson’s on donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Declan Brady pleads guilty over large firearm cache found in Dublin.

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2019/0211/1028923-greenogue/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

No, your not reading it wrong. The idea was to for gunman #1 to become head honcho, the only ones that would've disputed that were Marno and gunman #2. Gunman #2 was wide to this. Rather than stay in a Mexican standoff situation until the police arrived, they ran to the car, it was this knowledge that gave the driver the mantle of power, and ultimately it was him that allegedly took the reigns of the 'gang'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

This is starting to sound like the opening of The Dark Knight :D

No, your not reading it wrong. The idea was to for gunman #1 to become head honcho, the only ones that would've disputed that were Marno and gunman #2. Gunman #2 was wide to this. Rather than stay in a Mexican standoff situation until the police arrived, they ran to the car, it was this knowledge that gave the driver the mantle of power, and ultimately it was him that allegedly took the reigns of the 'gang'.

Sounds plausible enough in fairness. The two gunmen after pointing guns at each other in order to kill one another more or less looked at their watches, clocked out, hopped into the back of the car and took off! :D

Sounds plausible enough in fairness. The two gunmen after pointing guns at each other in order to kill one another more or less looked at their watches, clocked out, hopped into the back of the car and took off! :D

Rather than be arrested, both armed at the scene of a double murder. Your quite naive, unlike your namesake who was extremely wily. With the driver gleaning the knowledge of what happened and keeping his mouth shut, preventing all out war amongst the grouping. Stay alive and don't get caught. Page 1, first paragraph, How to be a criminal for dummies.

Mr Burns 'lickspittle' :D
    It remains to be seen if Wayland indeed was the gunman at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Rather than be arrested, both armed at the scene of a double murder. Your quite naive, unlike your namesake who was extremely wily. With the driver gleaning the knowledge of what happened and keeping his mouth shut, preventing all out war amongst the grouping. Stay alive and don't get caught. Page 1, first paragraph, How to be a criminal for dummies.

it seems most career criminals are not big readers.

it seems most career criminals are not big readers.

Most of them wouldn't be, no. Some are, Mr Kinahan Sr, Marky Desmond and the late Patrick Holland would be a few examples.

Mr Burns 'lickspittle' :D
    It remains to be seen if Wayland indeed was the gunman at this stage.

Not according to the Graffiti outside his GFs flat in Pearse street

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

I wonder why If the don was so paranoid and ruthless (according to the media)why didn’t he off either of the 2 ?

I wonder why If the don was so paranoid and ruthless (according to the media)why didn’t he off either of the 2 ?

Cause they were close to him.

• Advertisement

Cause they were close to him.

Not doubting this version of events as don’t know of them ones personally

Almost miraculous none of the 3 ever decided to take one of both out since

Or maybe just never got the opportunity

just never got the opportunity

Correct, although he would have been fairly pally with one of them, and would likely have many opportunities to do away with him. The other one not so much.

Correct, although he would have been fairly pally with one of them, and would likely have many opportunities to do away with him. The other one not so much.

He was very friendly with both.

He was very friendly with both.

Not even remotely true. I'm not speculating, this is a fact. A fairly well known fact too.

Not even remotely true. I'm not speculating, this is a fact. A fairly well known fact too.

Mate. one is his ex partners brother the other his daughter Amy’s god father. If your gonna regurgitate what you’ve heard please be accurate.

Mate. one is his ex partners brother

:D:D:D
    That was him off the hook so then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Have to say, its a fascinating if unfortunate thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

Have to say, its a fascinating if unfortunate thread.

I like to read through it when bored, but it's incredibly hard to follow what's going on when you don't know the people involved, all the nicknames and initials and talking in code. But I understand ya can't just be naming people on a public forum so it's the way it has to be I guess

Spleerbun wrote: »
    I like to read through it when bored, but it's incredibly hard to follow what's going on when you don't know the people involved, all the nicknames and initials and talking in code. But I understand ya can't just be naming people on a public forum so it's the way it has to be I guess

Baked beans had everyone lost

• Advertisement

Baked beans had everyone lost

Nobody calls him baked beans just people on here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement