Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    A hot shower, fluffy pyjamas, a roaring fire, and three episodes of Ros na Rún waiting for me on the sky box. Pure contentment

Ros na run is great !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Glad she is ok and the other driver too :)

An accident like that can very quickly put things into perspective .

It sure does. That is the news you pray will never come to your door, my blood runs cold at the thoughts of it. So glad all was OK Srameen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Ros na run is great !

Tá sé go hiontach ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Not so much a TH, I'll admit, more being thankful for something I never think about normally. Air bags!
    Our daughter was in a head on collision this morning. Two cars mangled and written off. She had to be cut out of her car but, miraculously, neither driver sustained any injuries. More than trivially happy of course.

Oh gosh Sasha Thoughtless Bayou, glad your daughter is okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Just doing the grocery shopping today, ordinary mundane :)

Passing by a trolley, little fellow sitting in it, looked up and earnestly confided to his dad 'you know dad, I really like skeletons'... :D Aww!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Having a nice pork steak!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Burning wood in the stove that I cut up myself. Great sense of satisfaction, and it's free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Glad all is ok with your daughter Srameen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

RMAOK wrote: »
    Tá sé go hiontach ;)

Same too you pal 😠🤬

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Getting €22.50 in tips from the bar yesterday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

The noisey neighbours have finally silenced themselves.. Praise be for the blessed silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happy for the huge bale of knitting yarn gifted by a dear friend that arrived yesterday... The postman had kindly put in in a bin bag against the rain and it only just fitted... So much kindness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

On the aircraft- closer to home. Spotify and snooze now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

These sunny, crisp, calm, frosty mornings when the air is so fresh.

branie2 wrote: »
    The ad for the Travel Department on television at the moment. I travelled three three times with them, and it was a great experience.
    Now you have me thinking about holidays. We've used them several times - great trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Graces7 wrote: »
    Happy for the huge bale of knitting yarn gifted by a dear friend that arrived yesterday... The postman had kindly put in in a bin bag against the rain and it only just fitted... So much kindness

I love our postman, when we're not in he'll put parcels in plastics bags & hang them on the gate & if signature is required he'll oblige to save us a trip to post office

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Woke up without a hangover after being at a birthday bash last night.
    I still popped to the shop for the essentials though; newspaper, breakfast roll, crisps and chocolate.
    I'm not budging for the rest of the day.....
    unless I need more chocolate!

Icsics wrote: »
    I love our postman, when we're not in he'll put parcels in plastics bags & hang them on the gate & if signature is required he'll oblige to save us a trip to post office

I think An Post get very unfair criticism, especially on Boards. Our postmen have always been a great bonus for us through the years. Like yourself, the current man will wrap post if there's any chance of the contents getting wet, he'll leave a note in the post box if he leaves a parcel at the back door, or in the recycling bin, if we're not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Now you have me thinking about holidays. We've used them several times - great trips.

We have too and really enjoyed them . So easy to just turn up and all is done for you .Lake Garda was my favourite trip

"I love our postman, when we're not in he'll put parcels in plastics bags & hang them on the gate & if signature is required he'll oblige to save us a trip to post office"

Ours does the same. And a refinement, as he takes outgoing mail from my mail bag if a white cloth is tied to the gate even if no delivery. A lovely man altogether he is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

My weighing scales show I weight 20kg less than Friday woot !!! :D *

*Cheap yolk I bought from Argos a few years ago and it’s obviously bust. Still I’ll take the result even for just a few seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Did that OT test in the local chemist-My metabolic age is younger than my actual age! We won’t mention the BMI

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Graces7 wrote: »
    "I love our postman, when we're not in he'll put parcels in plastics bags & hang them on the gate & if signature is required he'll oblige to save us a trip to post office"

Ours does the same. And a refinement, as he takes outgoing mail from my mail bag if a white cloth is tied to the gate even if no delivery. A lovely man altogether he is!

Same here-Mam often puts letter in door with money for a stamp. Postman never bats an eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

honeybear wrote: »
    Same here-Mam often puts letter in door with money for a stamp. Postman never bats an eye!

My grandmother used to tell a story about getting a letter from her daughter in US telling her she was coming to visit. The postman knew the importance of the letter so brought it into the kitchen to hand it over. My gran read the first page & was disappponted there was no date mentioned, 'oh she's coming on the 25th' says the postman....he was reading the 2nd page!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

mikemac2 wrote: »
    My weighing scales show I weight 20kg less than Friday woot !!! :D *

*Cheap yolk I bought from Argos a few years ago and it’s obviously bust. Still I’ll take the result even for just a few seconds

Ah, denial! Not just a river in Egypt! :pac:

Hyacinths,, By careful planning I have had them in flower in my bedroom since just after Christmas.. They are smiles! Gave two, potted up to lady neighbours last week and they smiled too.. yep, hyacinths are happiness....

Hyacinths,, By careful planning I have had them in flower in my bedroom since just after Christmas.. They are smiles! Gave two, potted up, to lady neighbours last week and they smiled too.. yep, hyacinths are happiness....

honeybear wrote: »

It's the same with several people around here. Postman doesn't mind at all. Great service, over and above what they are expected to do and done for no personal gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Spent the day with the boyfriend :D

• Advertisement

Bought some useful stuff at the Toy Fair today. It all came to 12 euro.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement