Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NV200 Micro Camper

Options
  • 19-03-2020 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Have always toyed with the idea of a small camper van and have see a lot online about the Nissan NV200 kitted out as a 2 berth camper.

Has anyone on this forum got/ used one of these?

If so what are your opinions on this? Are they too compact/ small etc?

Ideally this would be used for two people (and the dog!!) for 2/3 nights getaway around this beautiful country (when it ain't raining)

Here is the main question - I would like to use this camper van (or another type of camper van) as a daily vehicle too - used for going to/ from shops, work etc. Is this an issue??

What are the pitfalls?

Thank you very much folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Any thoughts from anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Cuttlefish wrote: »
    Any thoughts from anyone?

Seriously you can only wait 9 hours to bump your post? Under 1.8m high you will have to fight with revenue on your hands to get it registered and will have to join a club to get insurance. Small camper is a nice romantic Instagram idea but unless you have to fit it in an underground car park do yourself a favour and convert something bigger.

Didn't mean to offend with my impatience!😜

I would be looking to bring an already converted NV 200 from the UK

Seriously you can only wait 9 hours to bump your post? Under 1.8m high you will have to fight with revenue on your hands to get it registered and will have to join a club to get insurance. Small camper is a nice romantic Instagram idea but unless you have to fit it in an underground car park do yourself a favour and convert something bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

It won't be accepted as a camper here, it will be what the Revenue call a Day Van.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Under 1.8m high you will have to fight with revenue on your hands to get it registered and will have to join a club to get insurance.

How come lots of people with VW Transporters have them registered as campers? They are certainly under 1.8m high inside.

• Advertisement

CJhaughey wrote: »
    It won't be accepted as a camper here, it will be what the Revenue call a Day Van.

And can you tell me what impact that would have??

Bear in mind I do want a vehicle that can be used for daily work commute etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

No problem with that, you just won't qualify for cheap tax and insurance - which I guess was the whole point, not really the camping element.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

https://errigalcampers.ie/ do day van kits for the likes of VW caddy can

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LooSea

Hi,

I went ahead and bought an NV200 for the reasons you've given - it's small enough for me to use as an every day vehicle without any bother and it's (just about) big enough to use as a camper. Basically it's a weatherproof tent. I have spent 2 weekends sleeping in it so far but as I haven't built any furniture, I've just been on a mattress on the floor. It's been a bit overly cosy because all of my stuff (cooker, gas cylinder, clothes, cool box, shoes, wetsuits, table etc are squished in around me, but I'm hoping that as soon as I have a bed built and lots of this stuff can go underneath, I'll feel a bit more comfy.

So far, I'm happy with my purchase, but I do find the front area a bit sparse in terms of places to put things. There aren't really any cubby holes. I also find the fixed seats a bit annoying. I know that some of the passenger seats fold completely flat and I think that some versions also have sliding passenger seats, but mine is totally fixed and even the driver seat has limited options.

If you decided to go ahead, I'd love to know how you're getting on with yours.

Advertisement