Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coca cola dependence?

• 11-03-2010 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Do you think its possible for your stomach to become dependent on a coca cola fix? On the strict orders of my dentist I stopped drinking it about six weeks ago. This was after a period of probably twenty years of regular usage. The thing is my stomach has been all over the place in those six weeks, constipation, constant grumbling and the odd flash of diarrhea.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

Do you think its possible for your stomach to become dependent on a coca cola fix? On the strict orders of my dentist I stopped drinking it about six weeks ago. This was after a period of probably twenty years of regular usage. The thing is my stomach has been all over the place in those six weeks, constipation, constant grumbling and the odd flash of diarrhea.

Probably sugar withdrawal symptons.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's sugar and caffeine in it I think.
    It'll take some time for the body to adjust.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

A sudden change of drastic diet would definitely have an effect.
    Your body would have gotten use to certain chemicals and built up resistances to them.
    The sudden lack of one incoming chemical then would have an effect alone on your body that was still producing corresponding chemicals to counter the damaging work of the stuff.

Its like mixing an acid with a base. Each cancelling the other out.
    Take one away and what are you left with - and if it can't find something it was meant to work on, it still sits in your system and it won't sit there doing nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

coca cola is fcuking horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When in college I sometimes had coca cola cravings, and found that the Tesco brand apple juice satisfied my craving. Dunno why, but you should maybe try it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

6 weeks is a long withdrawal time though.

QI seemed to believe crisps were far worse for your teeth than coke. You given them up too OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

genericguy wrote: »

Blasphemy

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

OP, i'm curious to know how much/often you drank coke?? Was it every day??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Have you tried just switching to Pepsi or Score Cola? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Blasphemy

hundred grand fine then? nah it's horrible. it really is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

coca cola dependence?

Less a dependance, more a fizzical attraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

had the same thing with boost + sausage rolls breakfast habit a few months back. They were deep fried sausage rolls not baked! Only took about a week for the cravings to go away.

The cravings were bad though - my body wanted a big dose of fat, sugar and caffeine to get me going in the morning. I still miss that breakfast. Oats just arent the same :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Teddy Chips

QI seemed to believe crisps were far worse for your teeth than coke. You given them up too OP?
    I'm not really a crisp fan so never really ate them regularly.
    OP, i'm curious to know how much/often you drank coke?? Was it every day??
    Yes. I would have had a can almost every day.
    Have you tried just switching to Pepsi or Score Cola? browse.php?u=Oi8vc3RhdGljLmJvYXJkcy5pZS92YnVsbGV0aW4vaW1hZ2VzL3NtaWxpZXMvc21pbGUuZ2lm&b=0
    I'd rather gnaw my own balls off.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

genericguy wrote: »
    such a generic AH answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Teddy Chips

mikom wrote: »
    Less a dependance, more a fizzical attraction.
    I feel bad for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

I feel bad for you.

Ah c'mon now, you chuckled didn't you? In an almost embarrassed way, but you still did. Admit it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I feel bad for you.

If you're having soft drink problems I feel bad for you son,
    I got 99 problems but the cola ain't one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

The thing is my stomach has been all over the place in those six weeks, constipation, constant grumbling and the odd flash of diarrhea.

That's facinating! I didn't realise coke withdrawal could cause an increase in female characteristics? You'd better get back on the stuff before your lad drops off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Ah c'mon now, you chuckled didn't you? In an almost embarrassed way, but you still did. Admit it

Face-palmed here, but good bad joke all the same.

I am addicted to fizzy drinks :( its the sugar I guess. Have a cup of Tea or coffee instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

mmm....Coke. Now I wanna go down and get a can, but i'm goin the gym after work and I always find if I have one in the afternoon I can't run for very long, but I still want one. If only they hadn't filled our vending machine with crap chocolate! Stupid Cadbury's Turkish and feckin Kit Kats and I like my Yorkies with honey comb not horrible raisins!!!! FCUK YOU vending machine filler guy!!! FCUK YOU!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

the_syco wrote: »
    When in college I sometimes had coca cola cravings, and found that the Tesco brand apple juice satisfied my craving. Dunno why, but you should maybe try it?

Hopefully if this becomes widespread, Coca-Cola won't start setting fire to outlets that sell Tesco cola....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I feel bad for you.

Says the poster with the squirts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

as well as sugar and caffeine there is a whole load of secret ingredients that are probably addictive, i dont care though i love the stuff. nothing tastes better ice cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

NothingMan wrote: »
    mmm....Coke. Now I wanna go down and get a can, but i'm goin the gym after work and I always find if I have one in the afternoon I can't run for very long, but I still want one. If only they hadn't filled our vending machine with crap chocolate! Stupid Cadbury's Turkish and feckin Kit Kats and I like my Yorkies with honey comb not horrible raisins!!!! FCUK YOU vending machine filler guy!!! FCUK YOU!!!

Booby trap the vending machine, till be the last time that fcuker force's people to choose rancid Yorkies with raisins.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Booby trap the vending machine, till be the last time that fcuker force's people to choose rancid Yorkies with raisins.:rolleyes:

The rollseyes smiley implies you're being sarcastic but raisins are rancid! You take a lovely juicy grape and suck all the good part out. Why would anyone do that! Same goes for all dried fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Friends of mine told me before that if they didn't drink a bottle of coke every day they'd get terrible headaches. Madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Go on the coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

NothingMan wrote: »
    The rollseyes smiley implies you're being sarcastic but raisins are rancid! You take a lovely juicy grape and suck all the good part out. Why would anyone do that! Same goes for all dried fruit.

I was meaning to use the Wink smiley, not the rollseyes smiley. I fully agree with you. I have a deep hatred for raisins too. I cant count the amount of times that I've left my house in the morning, angered by some fcukers insistence on trying to fit 500 grams of raisins into a 300 gram box of muesli.:confused:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'd rather gnaw my own balls off.

You mightnt be able to gnaw them off if the dentist wants you to stop drinking coke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I've been there too. I used to drink about 5 litres of coke a day, then I started getting diabetes symptoms, so I quit. I went through about a month of chronic fatigue before I felt normal again. I'm also heavily addicted to caffeine thanks to the 15 years of coke, which I now get through coffee.

Advertisement