Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't buy from PC WORLD IRELAND

• 12-08-2005 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Don't buy anything from PC World superstore. They will rip you off. The service is terrible, they are overpriced, dishonest, insincere, greedy and incompetent. Their Galway shop is probably the worst of all. If you buy computer related products in Ireland, hardware of software, just get them abroad or on the internet (komplett.ie, K&M electronic, notebook.de). For example, in the Netherlands, the computer keyboard is also QWERTY and Windows XP is in English + you have 2 years garantee on many products.
    I bought an item from PC World that was overpriced and half works. PC World claims it works perfectly: as a result won't take it back or propose any arrangement. They are just interested in taking your money but don't give a damn about you or the quality of their products. I know many people who are entirely dissatisfied with them so do not do the same mistake.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Suggest editing your post or this may be locked by a mod. Cant just come on ranting and raving - suggest toning downa dn explaing your situation and edit your title too.But i do know what you mean. Pc World with you all the way :rolleyes:

Nukem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

i have no probs with them thqh.

had them pick up my laptop for repair and they had it back within the stated 10 day period in pwo again.

I r teh happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

What did you buy? and why dosen't it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I thought everyone knew this? Don't buy anything in Ireland because it's cheaper online (except if it's an Irish bricks and clicks business, which cost more again).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

simless wrote:
    I bought an item from PC World that was overpriced and half works. PC World claims it works perfectly.
    What item & whats wrong with it ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Crisis m8, this is your own fault, every1 no's not to buy from them, its nothing new :rolleyes: .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

What is with people completlly slating shops cause they had a bad experience with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

PC World is ****.

There is a new one near Swords, Nth Co. Dub, and I popped in the other day.

PNY 6800GT 256MB AGP yours for a bargain 490 yoyos

Generic 512MB PC-3200 130 yoyos

Sapphire ATI Radeon 9250 over 120 yoyos

Inqui

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

I was in PC World in Galway about a month ago.
    They had a lovely Gateway laptop, nice and small with good specs(such as 60GB hd, 512RAM, DVD+/- rw etc) for about 900EUR.

Went back there less than a week ago and they only had about 3 laptops left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Was in the Galway store on Wednesday,they tried to charge me €5 more than the marked price on an item despite pointing it out to them on the display.
    Luckily I was in good humour at the time and didn't want to make a scene as GF was with me,I know I could have demanded it for the price,but felt sorry for young nervous checkout girl so just told them to keep it and walked out.Will never darken their door again.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Inquitus wrote:
    PC World is ****.

Inqui

I assume the bargain comment is Sarcasm?

A 6800GT 256 is no more than 300 at the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

i just dont buy from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Went back there less than a week ago and they only had about 3 laptops left.

The rest of them weren't sold, probably stolen by the local nick nacks! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Was in the Galway store on Wednesday,they tried to charge me €5 more than the marked price on an item despite pointing it out to them on the display.
    Luckily I was in good humour at the time and didn't want to make a scene as GF was with me,I know I could have demanded it for the price,but felt sorry for young nervous checkout girl so just told them to keep it and walked out.Will never darken their door again.
    Actually you couldn't have demanded it for that price. Once they make you aware of the error then they are covered I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Inquitus wrote:
    PC World is ****.

Inqui

Isn't it strange how the largest retailers always seem to offer the highest prices? Weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dil999

It depends,

Generally PC world is more expensive than what you can get online. But not everybody has credit cards, or can be available for delivery. I recently bought a Linksys router for a tenner more than Komplett, which is effectively the cost delivery. But I could bring it home there and then.

Some times you can get bargains, I got a Linksys Wireless media adaptor in PC world for €60. They are €180 on pixmania. And Komplett may have wonderful prices, but they seldom actually have the items in stock

Shop around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

jozi wrote:
    What is with people completlly slating shops cause they had a bad experience with them.
    :rolleyes: Your answer is in the question.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Ok, closing this. Don't go registering a new account just to give out about PC World. If you tone it down a bit you can come back, otherwise relax and stop slandering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

So the price on the sticker attached to the product stated €5 less than what was being charged for the product when you went to purchase it???

Well if it was advertised at €5 less then that was its price or else they could be got for false advertising.....no matter if their database(checkout) price was correct or not!

Well as most here would agree...if you intend to spend any large amount(>€100) then online is where you should go.
    For consumables and cheap components then the local shop is best as long as the price differences are not too large!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement