Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offering English Lessons?

• 26-05-2006 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1 corkcitywoman

Hi! I am a native of the US and will teach you to speak English through normal face-to-face conversations or via email. My rate is 15 Euro per hour session.

:) DJ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Here Hear

ACELS accredited TEFL teacher with master's degree in English and American Culture and Literature is looking for private students.

I have five years experience in private tuition to both children and adults.

I offer general English and conversation classes, conversation classes with elements of English culture and literature as well as FC and CAE exam preparation

Classes will take place in Tallaght and Clondalkin.

If you’re interested please contact me at j.furman@yahoo.ie

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 paddyfin

I am 27 year old English Teacher available for evening and weekend private classes. I have just returned from teaching English in Paris. I have a TEFL Certificate plus an Honours English Degree from UCD. I mainly hold conversational classes but have experience in many other areas. I currently live in the Dundrum area but will travel for classes. €25-€30 per hour.

patrickfinney@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'm going to sticky this thread.

If you are offering English lessons, please post here and here only.

Any new threads will be deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frany

Hi, I'm running a Korean internet club

and someone in Dublin asked me to find a nice private tutor.

He(She) is working in day time,

so the person is not able to go to a language school here.

So the person wants the tutor has time in the evening or weekend.

Is anybody to teach English for the Korean here?

About 20 euros for an hour should be fine.

The person is living near UCD. Thanks for reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Frankie78

Is anybody willing to help me with my English? You do not have to be a teacher or have any teaching experience. I'd say I can be upper intermediate or advanced level. But still far not enough what I want. So if you are willing to help me, I would greatly appreciate it. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 faonway

Hi!
    I am looing for someone who would like help me with my english.
    I have an upper intermediate/advanced level, but I need practise!
    I can offer italian and spanish conversation, cook italian meals and if you like I can provide professional massages, I am a Massage therapist too .
    So if you like Shatsu, reflexology, Swedish Massage contact me!
    I live in Blackrock.
    Bye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 amali

Hello,

I have just moved to Ireland with my boyfriend and want to hold English classes. I have 3 years+ of experience in teaching English in Japan, to both adults and children. I've also spent 1 year teaching elementary school in China, so plenty of experience! Please let me know what goals you have in the language, and we can talk from there! I live in the south of Dublin, so those in the Blackrock/Dun Laoghaire area are welcome to private message me.

Lisa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 missbucket101

Hey all,

i offer english and german lessons on galway.
    Anybody who wants improve their english or german is welcome.
    Rate is 15€/hour.
    Available in Galway City centre and Galway County.
    Please contact me under
    friederikeeimer1985@yahoo.de
    friederikeeimer1985@gmail.com

looking forward to hear from you!

rieke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Anyone interested in learning to write (or speak) better English, please contact me via PM.

I am a fully qualified English teacher with 10 years of teaching experience behind me. Lessons can be held in a number of ways - email, IM or Skype, but not face-to-face (unless you are williing to travel to Finland :)) Don't get me wrong, I am NOT Finnish but moved here ten years ago.

Rates

25 Euro per 45 minute lesson (using Skype)
    20 Euro per 45 minute lesson (using IM)
    email lessons are negotiable.

Also on offer -

Proofreading

All types of documents from schoolwork to business brochures done.

Rates

25 Euro per 45 minutes

Payment via Paypal.

You wouldn't of gotten this message if you weren't looking for it.

Can you spot the 3 mistakes??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

I am just wondering because there seems to be a few people here teaching...

Do you have many classes? Is it easy to find students in Ireland? I imagine that in the big cities it wouldn't be such a big problem?

Just wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 irinajones11

Desperately need lessons for writing English. This is for my brother who has got a call from a reputed company but I fear his drawback in English may cost him his place. Its about 2/3 months still before he joins can he progress in this time? Any help would be most appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 irinajones11

Desperately need lessons for writing English. This is for my brother who has got a call from a reputed company but I fear his drawback in English may cost him his place. Its about 2/3 months still before he joins can he progress in this time? Any help would be most appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bryan-m

Hi all,

I'm offering one-to-one English lessons in Dublin,all levels welcome.
    I'm a qualified English teacher,with 2 years grind\teaching experience.

My typical rate is 15€/2 hours,but depending on circumstances,I'm negotiable..

If you’re interested please contact me at

english-help@live.ie

Thanks,
    Bryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jenniferenglish

Hello,

I offer conversational English lessons and practice sessions in Limerick to international students and professionals who need good, face-to-face practice!

I have a Bachelor's Degree in English Communications from the United States, and am currently finishing a Masters Degree in International Business in Ireland.

For any international professionals or students who need English conversation practice and live in or near Limerick, I am taking new English students now! €25/hour for private lessons, 15€/hour for 2 students together (bring a friend!)

Email me at englishireland@yahoo.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 heidi123

Do you need help improving your English?

English lessons available in conversation, grammar, writing etc.

I have a BA in languages, an MA in French and am a fully qualified English teacher. (ACELS approved CELT course).

I'm located in North Dublin but I'm willing to travel!

Lessons cost 20 per hour.

For more information email me at a1grindz@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Neecod

If you live in the Dublin area and need help with your English then I can help you.I'm a fully ACELS qualified teacher available to help you with your English. I have two years experience teaching all levels of English from Beginners to Advanced. I also have experience teaching general and Business English and preparing students for exams.

If you need help with Grammar, Pronunciation, Reading, CVs, Interviews or Conversation then contact me below

nikdavern@yahoo.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jenniferenglish

Hello,

I offer conversational English lessons and practice sessions in DUBLIN to international students and professionals who need good, face-to-face practice!

I have a Bachelor's Degree in English Communications from the United States, and am currently finishing a Masters Degree in International Business in Ireland.

For any international professionals or students who need English conversation practice and live in or near Dublin, I am taking new English students now! €25/hour for private lessons, 15€/hour for 2 students together (bring a friend!)

Email me at englishireland@yahoo.com

Note to previous viewers of this post: I was originally based in Limerick, but I have now moved to Dublin. I am now taking students in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Herm

Hi,
    I'm a 30 year old Irishman with 6 years experience of teaching English as a foreign language. I have a degree in Languages and a TEFL Certificate. I am offering private lessons for individual students or small groups at a competitive rate. All levels are welcome. I live in Rathmines but can travel also.
    Contact me here: kevinogconnolly@gmail.com to discuss details if you're interested.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dunneg

TEFL teacher available for private lessons.
    ACELS qualified. Distinction Grade.
    Located in Dublin city centre.
    Group/ 1-to-1 lessons catered for.

One student: 20 euro/ hour
    Two students: 15 euro/ hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Beathi

Grammar, writing, conversations at all levels plus Cambridge exams preparation (FCE, CAE) in a friendly atmosphere with an enthusiastic teacher!
    I adjust my lessons to individual needs of every student. I teach all nationalities and ages :)
    One to one tuition 20 euro.
    Contact me here: beathi@o2.pl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BoardsFan

Hello! I am a 25 year old experienced English tutor available to teach English in or near the Dublin 4 area, either in my own home or yours.
    I am a native English speaker and have a BA Honors in English from UCD and a TEFL qualification.
    I am friendly, patient and can teach all ages and levels.
    I am based in Ballsbridge but can travel to your home if needs be.

Rates are 20 euro per hour or 2 hours tuition for 35 euro.
    Special rate of 5 x 1 hour sessions for 75 euro.
    Group Rate of 90 euro for 2 hours tuition for up to 4 people at one time.

Proof reading, conversational English and business English also available.

If you are interested please contact me at cherylisxxx@hotmail.com

Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

I'm an ACELS CELT certified teacher of English with a PhD. Also able to give grinds in Irish at all levels. Rate: €25 p.h, and discount for groups. Dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Martin Legge

To all English Learners: If you are in the Limerick area, or looking for tuition over Skype, I am available at a rate of €25 per hour. I am fully qualified and ACELS approved, and teach on a casual basis in the University of Limerick Language School. All levels are catered for, and the tuition can be made to suit your own learning style and needs. I can teach in your own home if you are within approximately 20km of Limerick city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dublintuition

Fully Qualified ACELS accredited native teacher of English.

I offer a range of English lessons, including:

group lessons
    one-to-one
    Junior Cert grinds
    Leaving Cert grinds
    Business English
    Conversational English
    Cambridge Exam prep
    Trinity Exam prep

For full details and more information, log onto www.dublin-tuition.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Jiri

Hi Martin,
    I have been living in Limerick for a couple of days and I would like to take private English lessons. I have passed FCE last year, so my knowledge of English is somewhere at B1,B2 level.
    I am employed at The National Technological Park, near UL.
    Jiri
    To all English Learners: If you are in the Limerick area, or looking for tuition over Skype, I am available at a rate of €25 per hour. I am fully qualified and ACELS approved, and teach on a casual basis in the University of Limerick Language School. All levels are catered for, and the tuition can be made to suit your own learning style and needs. I can teach in your own home if you are within approximately 20km of Limerick city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Franciszka

Hello, I would like to know how much for English lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Martin Legge

Hi Jiri, Franciszka, Kinga

I am still accepting private English students at the rate of €25 per hour for personal tuition. Please PM to arrange days and times, or call me on 0868050097.

Thanks, Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Irlandese

Hi,
    I am trying to research the best teaching materials to teach english to Italians.
    Can anyone help with evaluations or recommendations on specific resources available.
    I am particularly keen on materials to be used through Italian.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 irishlaura10

NEED HELP WITH YOUR ENGLISH?

Fully qualified TEFL teacher with experience available for one-to-one or group sessions. Weekdays/nights and weekends.

€15 p/hour for one-to-one. Group discounts available.

In North and West Dublin. Willing to travel.

PM me for further details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 irishlaura10

Learn English at home.

Fully qualified native-TEFL teacher with experience. I am in Dublin 15 but will to travel to your home.

Group discounts available.

€12 p/hour.

I cover all aspects of English - reading, writing, speaking and listening, as well as all levels and ages.

I am very patient and creative with lessons and will cater lessons to your needs

Please email me [snipped] if you are interested.

Advertisement