Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday/Sunday Wintry Potential

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

Decent sized hailstones outside Claremorris a short while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

Blessington

2-DBC30-F1-2-CEA-4-BD3-BBE1-8-C3483847-EBE.jpg
    image upload

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Snowing away again in Newbridge

• Seriously windy in Renmore, Galway city right now. Looking at the radar, is there an eye passing us right now!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Lara Defeated Significant

Came over molls gap this morning from kenmare. Blizzard near the top turned to glorious sunshine as we crossed over to the Killarney side.

Blowing a gale in Tralee this evening after hailstones and thunder earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

it must be indicative of an equally repetitive opposing narrative.

Your rebuttal is equally as repetitive & predictable.

Same ole,same ole,eh Gaoth. ;)

I don't remember seeing any comment from anyone whaa-whaaing asking where was their snow. I do, however, remember pages of posts from the west yesterday from loads of people lucky enough to witness what seems like one hell of a thunderstorm during the night, and more power to them (excuse the pun). It's great to see somewhere get some action like that, and you won't hear anyone from the east bemoaning the volume of posts from the west.

But you should still be grateful for your amazing Capital and all it offers you, extending its M4 and M6 tentacles out to you to come witness the aforementioned M50 and all its traffic. We taught you how to do traffic, so Galway should be damn grateful Lough Atalia road is what it is of a Friday evening. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Must have had a fairly decent shower in Monasterevin as there is snow on roofs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭ Alex Brave Garlic

Wet snow now in Drogheda. Big flakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

It feels like March is to winter what September is to summer as September can often bring a spell that's warmer than the rest of the actual summer months and March can often bring a spell that's colder than the actual winter months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭squarecircles

I don't remember seeing any comment from anyone whaa-whaaing asking where was their snow. I do, however, remember pages of posts from the west yesterday from loads of people lucky enough to witness what seems like one hell of a thunderstorm during the night, and more power to them (excuse the pun). It's great to see somewhere get some action like that, and you won't hear anyone from the east bemoaning the volume of posts from the west.

But you should still be grateful for your amazing Capital and all it offers you, extending its M4 and M6 tentacles out to you to come witness the aforementioned M50 and all its traffic. We taught you how to do traffic, so Galway should be damn grateful Lough Atalia road is what it is of a Friday evening. ;)

it aint my capital mate,i wasnt born here,and i have next to no clue what roads you are talking about,i live in mayo,and the only time im in Dublin is to use the airport,which is the best thing about the place.The choice of places to travel has really expanded.

oh and your condescending attempt to patronize and provoke me is really childish.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note : The personal digs and jibes need to stop guys. Please stay on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Snow in Dublin 7 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tikkamark

sdanseo wrote: »
    I hear you. but the conditions changed so dramatically in an instant. I'd put my mortgage on that the pilot got a shock on touchdown , lightning flashed 5 second after .

I'll send you on bank details for that, or a cheque will do? :pac:

A332 can land in zero visibility. Going around for a light snow shower that they would have been able to see on radar is about equivalent to suggesting a car should jam on the brakes because of a small puddle.

We were landing in Innsbruck Austria two years ago(Innsbruck is a notoriously tricky airport to land in because of its location high up the alps 1100m or so asl and nestled in between two mountain ridges)
    We circled the airport for 40mins because of seriously heavy snow and zero visibility our pilot said he had just one opportunity to attempt a landing or we were going south to Italy!
    That was a proper brown pants landing.
    The conditions these pilots can land in is nothing short of amazing

Advertisement