Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Achill asylum centre cancelled - mod warning in OP (01/11/19)

1282930313234»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Gatling wrote: »

What I don't get is why we don't have a deportation clause and send these people home once their sentence is completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Minister ring on RTÉ just now bitterly complaining that Flanagan hadn’t informed him of the achill plans. He also confirmed that originally the plan was for 38 men not 13 women.

He was so angry I wonder what has he said behind closed doors to Flanagan and varadkar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Minister ring on RTÉ just now bitterly complaining that Flanagan hadn’t informed him of the achill plans. He also confirmed that originally the plan was for 38 men not 13 women.

He was so angry I wonder what has he said behind closed doors to Flanagan and varadkar
    A wily cute old buck that one. He has his ear to the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Brings to the end of all the speculation of who was lying. It actually looks like it was closer to 70 males that were going to be put into Achill.

I know it won't happen but whomever was lying about the numbers should be disciplined fairly hard as all this has done is make a bigger issue of the whole situation and possibly and election issue.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/minister-calls-national-debate-immigration-20827287

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Seems the usual pro take in everyone are gone quiet trying to make us believe its was only 13 women ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Seems the usual pro take in everyone are gone quiet trying to make us believe its was only 13 women ;)

it was going to be 38 men, now its 13 women , thats the start, theyre not going to leave the rest of those rooms empty and women are thin on the ground. a few car loads of men coming soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Tasfasdf wrote: »

13 vulnerable women*

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've just deleted a number of posts. This thread is about the Achill decision, and not wider asylum policies

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Beasty wrote: »
    I've just deleted a number of posts. This thread is about the Achill decision, and not wider asylum policies

Beasty is there any chance the 2 current threads be merged into a specific single thread or megathread on asylum and dp in general

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭DeconSheridan

And they are right to the state of the whole thing its vile.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Gatling wrote: »
    Beasty is there any chance the 2 current threads be merged into a specific single thread or megathread on asylum and dp in general

I see them as two separate topics. This one is specific to the Achill decision and is currently focussed on communications surrounding that decision. The other thread is more of a "live topic" and merging the two potentially detracts from each discussion (it would also have the impact of removing certain posters from the discussion who have been banned from posting in one, but not both, thread)

Either way, this is not for discussion here as it detracts from the underlying topic. If anyone wishes to discuss it further please PM me

Thanks

Advertisement