Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New toilet fitted now won’t work

Options
  • 15-07-2019 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Got a good bit of work done by a plumbing company only last Thursday.

Over the weekend the toilet that was provided and installed the handle won’t work. It won’t flush and just really loose.

I paid a decent amount to this company as I got a good bit of plumbing work carried out. I tried calling today but didn’t answer my calls and I sent txts and WhatsApp which he read the msg but didn’t reply back.

I got a receipt for the work but I don’t know what else I can do? I don’t think it’s a huge problem it looks like the handle has become disconnected.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Might be a simple DIY fix. Lift off cistern lid and see if hook on the flushing "mechanism" has detached from the plastic end of the handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

So I got the plumber back out today, it was a different guy that came. He said something was missing from the toilet and he would have to try and fix it. See picture attached, he put loads of silicone inside the toilet but it stil isn’t flushing right.

Surely a new toilet doesn’t need all silicon in it? Not sure what to do now. I was expecting a new toilet with no problems but it doesn’t seem like that now...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Alignment of the metal hook between the arm and the rod on the siphon is totally off.
    They should have used a slightly shorter arm, or modified that one, so as not to catch the top of the siphon, and moved it out to the end of the flush handle bar in order to that the hook is more straight up. Any deviations can be worked out by forming the hook into the correct shape.
    Leaving it like that and the plastic rod will soon snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Thanks for the reply,

I am trying to get the company that did it to come out and rectify it but the keep fobbing me off!

Not sure what to do now, really annoyed with the work they did!
    K.Flyer wrote: »
    Alignment of the metal hook between the arm and the rod on the siphon is totally off.
    They should have used a slightly shorter arm, or modified that one, so as not to catch the top of the siphon, and moved it out to the end of the flush handle bar in order to that the hook is more straight up. Any deviations can be worked out by forming the hook into the correct shape.
    Leaving it like that and the plastic rod will soon snap.

Advertisement