Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Raising the rent

• 14-09-2018 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking to raise the rent on my property. Its outside of a rent pressure zone so its need to what the going market rent of properties in the area are, just one thing, how do I find this out? Is comparables off daft enough but that doesn't really show what a property has been rented for? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Why doesn’t it. It shows the asking which all that’s required. Or you can select to show let agreed. As long as they are comparable in size type location it will be fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Oust side of RPZ s it is hard to find comparators. Make sure to download the property details and not the variations between your property and the comparators. If the tenant challenges you at the RTB, you will have to explain your valuation as in better than x, not as good as Y hence the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

4ensic15 wrote: »
    Oust side of RPZ s it is hard to find comparators. Make sure to download the property details and not the variations between your property and the comparators. If the tenant challenges you at the RTB, you will have to explain your valuation as in better than x, not as good as Y hence the price.

Make sure to download the property details and not the variations between your property and the comparators

How do you mean by this line? The variations between your property and the comparables? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Why doesn’t it. It shows the asking which all that’s required. Or you can select to show let agreed. As long as they are comparable in size type location it will be fine.

Thanks, how do I find the let agreeds of a particular area? I can find an agents let agreeds but there is only one in this area and I dont think he particularly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Do your research of comparables on daft or other websites and take screenshots or print off the adds so you have hard evidence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭tvjunki

Make sure you used the template for notification of rent increase on rtb website. You have to state 3comparable properties on your letter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Make sure to download the property details and not the variations between your property and the comparators

How do you mean by this line? The variations between your property and the comparables? Thanks

I meant note the variations. Has your property a bigger kitchen gardens etc.

Advertisement