Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

• 03-09-2018 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭

Well here we go...

Arctic Monkeys, Florence & The Machine (uurgh), The Frames, Hozier, Chance the Rapper, Hot Chip, Royal Blood, Janelle Monet, for the top line acts.

St Vincent, Sigrid, Wolf Alice and Chic being my highlights this year.

The ladies pulled off a winner this year , Sigrid especially, so much fun and energy. Kendrick being my fail of the fest. Left after 5 songs.

Dave McSavage was great and Trailer park was as epic as ever. GF was won over by the kids selling lemonade at their stand.

Food awesome, hangovers not so much. Had no issues apart from people walking on my feet/people pushing (which is the usual) and general post hangover lack of energy.

Having said before that i'd go to All Together Now this year I think i'm more committed to EP.

Tickets on sale Friday and if anyone isn't using their 3 or more code i'd gladly appreciate it as while I have 3 fests done only two of these are through my ticketmaster and the last one was 2006 with no photographic record kept. Rather save that extra 20euro if possible.

Hope you all enjoyed and here's to a years time when we make the pilgrimage again.

Cheers.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ON WHAT TO BRING

1 - Ticket, the most important thing
    2 - Tent + Sleeping bag (unless you're posh camping it, in which case just sleeping bag)
    3 - Self inflating mat for sleeping bag (keeps you off the ground which can be really cold at night)
    4 - Walking boots (you're going to be on your feet for 3 days solid, racking up a lot of milage, comfy, protected feets are best feets)
    ***NOTE OF CAUTION : Do not buy boots and break them in at the festival, you'll **** your feet up.***
    5 - Camping chair, see #4, when you stop, you will want to rest your arse, do it in luxury
    6 - Rain gear (you want to have it but not use it)
    7 - Hat, I bring two, one for the sun and one for at night (no hair = v.cold head)
    8 - Spare clothes (kept in car for emergencies), clean fresh socks every day people, even if you don't change anything else!
    9 - Fleece type garment for the nights (again, it gets cold down there)
    10 - Plastic bags for wet gear, should the nasty happen, you will need these, also good for tent bin.
    11 - torch (I take two, a small v.powerful hand held and a head lamp type, might be overkill but it is handy)
    12 - Spare batteries for torches, I fit fresh ones in before the weekend and keep spares in the car
    13 - Towel (for when hitching a lift from the Vogons), I bring two with me, both large microfiber towels which fold down to nothin, one stays in car though with spare clothes
    14 - Beer/Spirits (note, for spirits I just want a few whiskeys late at night so I decant my poison of choice into a metal water flask before leaving house, you don't want to be arsed with carting glass bottles down there and then having to decant. Do it at home and breeze through security).
    15 - Cold bag for #14
    16 - Tent food, usually just pack a box of breakfast type bars, there are so many different food offerings in the main arena that you are not gonna go hungry
    17 - Portable phone charger (aim for a minimum of 10,000mAh or higher (15,000mAh if there's more than one of you hanging off it)) and don't forget your micro usb/lightning cables
    18 - Water, if you are moving all day and drinking then you need lots of water, usually pick up a 6 pack of 1.5lt bottles, 3 in car, 3 in tent (water is heavy so no point killing self carrying an extra 9kg in on top of the rest)
    19 - ear plugs for sleeping at night (boots have lots of silicon/waxy types)
    20 - gig/music ear plugs for those of us who don't want to go deaf
    21 - Lighter, even if you don't smoke, it's very handy to have
    22 - Cash, there are ATMs on site, do no rely on them to be full or not mobbed by the rampaging hordes of the walking dead trying to get cash out to get a cocktail
    23 - Small packets of wetwipes and or bottles of hand sanitiser to have on you all day
    24 - Packet of large wet wipes for quickie freshing up in the tent
    25 - chapstick / sun protection spray / aftersun (keeping hopes up) skin moisturiser (you might be roughing it a little but you don't need to be roughed up)
    26 - bog roll x 2 (one in tent, one in car)
    27 - toilet wipes (I am v.large male in mid 40s but they make my festival botty uber smooth and clean)
    28 - "Box of balloons
    With the feather-light touch
    Pack of party-poppers
    That pop in the night" *
    29 - toiletries (roll on smellies only, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste)
    30 - Pain killers of choice, a packet of rennie/antacid type thing and just in case a packet of immodium or cheaper generic ****stopper
    31 - first aid kit (you should have one in your car anyway but if not then get one)
    32 - vitamin pills/ berocca type thingy for in the morning
    33 - dioralyte for with your water before bedtime
    34 - sunglasses (gots to be funky)
    35 - small bag for during day (do not use a backpack in crowds, that's a paddlin)
    36 - neck gaiter/warmer can be handy in the evening if it's cold
    37 - camping pillow
    38 - small pair of field glasses are right handy
    39 - flipflops for shower time (best not to wear into the bogs though or to walk around the main bog areas in them cos squealchy)
    40 - Pair of runners to be left in car, nothing beats that aaaaaaah feeling as you slide your wear feets into comfy happiness on a monday morning before you get nicked for drunk driving which leads us to
    41 - Alcohol breathalyser test kit for in the car, you get them in halfords, don't be a dick and ruin your or someone elses life on a monday morning
    42 - Ziplock bags, they keep "small things" stuff fresh and dry and odd smells in.

And just to add a list of what not to bring -

1 - CANDLES - be cool, don't be crispy
    2 - FLARES - be cool, don't be shot to death with balls of your own sh1te for being "that" tosser
    3 - GUITAR - any attempts at wonderwall will result in you being shot to death with balls of your own sh1te
    4 - SENSE OF SHAME - it's not needed for the weekend
    5 - CAMERA - live the bloody moment, don't try to be Senor Speilbergo capturing it

* #28 is actually appropriate this year

If anyone can think of the other questions that keep popping up then PM me and I'll add them in here. Copypasta provided by Scruff Monkey :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭s8n

A woman’s heart reunion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Goddammit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Kendrick being my fail of the fest. Left after 5 songs.

What was so bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

maximoose wrote: »
    What was so bad?

I like his records, just felt it didn't translate to the stage well. Brother had bigged him up after the 3arena show.

I've just seen better live hip/hop/rap acts. Childish Gambino was a great one I saw earlier in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is the price the same for 2019 early birds?

Undecided about buying them for now. Didn't go this year as the lineup overall didn't do it for me, we seem to be drifting apart.

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Is the price the same for 2019 early birds?

Undecided about buying them for now. Didn't go this year as the lineup overall didn't do it for me, we seem to be drifting apart.

They said in RTE that prices will remain unchanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭timbel

Tickets on sale Friday and if anyone isn't using their 3 or more code i'd gladly appreciate it as while I have 3 fests done only two of these are through my ticketmaster and the last one was 2006 with no photographic record kept. Rather save that extra 20euro if possible.

Cheers.

Do the codes get automatically emailed by Ticketmaster?
    Or do you have to register for this somewhere?

timbel wrote: »

Auto email.

But in my case if i don't get a 3 or more fests discount code from a Boardsie not using theirs i'll have to contact TM and provide photo evidence of three picnics.

I'll still have my two fests code but it's 165euro vrs 185. Not a big deal if TM don't give me one.

timbel wrote: »

But you do have to tick a box in your TM account saying you wish to be contacted for concerts or marketing or something along those lines.

Snarky Snark Snark

@Rico, can you edit yer first post to have an FAQ and other bits like we did last year, it helped cut down on a lot of the usual questions in the thread.

I think i'm going to crawl into a hole and die now.

• Advertisement

@Rico, can you edit yer first post to have an FAQ and other bits like we did last year, it helped cut down on a lot of the usual questions in the thread.

I think i'm going to crawl into a hole and die now.

Done and Done, Copypasta :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Childish Gambino Friday and one of Tame Impala or Foals taking another headliner slot with their new albums

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭nc6000

I'd love a couple of 3 or more codes if anyone has any they won't be using.

I've been to the last two EPs but never received a code last year even after I emailed them and requested one. Might be the same this time too.

Snarky Snark Snark

Done and Done, Copypasta :)

links are broken in it, swap mine for
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103125258&postcount=3126

• Registered Users Posts: 18,881 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Ah **** off.

I'm not even mentally stable yet enough to write up how I got on at this year's, never mind wade into a discussion about next year's :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

"Kendrick fail of the fest, David McSavage great as always?" Yikes. There go two inverted opinions.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    "Kendrick fail of the fest, David McSavage great as always?" Yikes. There go two inverted opinions.

Yep, didn't fancy Kendrick.

Though I didn't say Dave was 'great as always', I really enjoyed him and the part of David O Doherty I saw before going to St Vincent.

St Vincent was on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Yep, didn't fancy Kendrick.

Though I didn't say Dave was 'great as always', I really enjoyed him and the part of David O Doherty I saw before going to St Vincent.

St Vincent was on fire.

Literally? Or metaphorically?
    I'd pay to see the former.

Literally? Or metaphorically?
    I'd pay to see the former.

both...

loved her olympia gig but having the backing band makes it that little better.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 marpad

Any feedback on harvest moon this year? Stayed in pink moon with pod pads and they gave us harvest moon wristbands too, popped in for a look and it looked much better than pink moon. Toilets were better, pitches very spread out and not as big. We were near the entrance to pink moon from the woods and the toilets our end were not proper flushing toilets like at the end near the showers. Thinking of either harvest moon next year or buying cheap caravan and staying in camper van section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

marpad wrote: »
    Any feedback on harvest moon this year? Stayed in pink moon with pod pads and they gave us harvest moon wristbands too, popped in for a look and it looked much better than pink moon. Toilets were better, pitches very spread out and not as big. We were near the entrance to pink moon from the woods and the toilets our end were not proper flushing toilets like at the end near the showers. Thinking of either harvest moon next year or buying cheap caravan and staying in camper van section.

The walk through hendrix from harvest moon (even though there's a perfectly fine little access road between harvest moon and hendrix that for some reason, EP refuse to utilise or only utilise at random times) puts me off that section of boutique.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

erica74 wrote: »
    The walk through hendrix from harvest moon (even though there's a perfectly fine little access road between harvest moon and hendrix that for some reason, EP refuse to utilise or only utilise at random times) puts me off that section of boutique.

Ya was random alright. Toilets were great. Think airplane toilets. Would be great if they had a more direct access from car park too. Less of a walk than into pm. Biggest annoyance I found was they sorted the rubbish between harvest moon and the house every morn at 8am with a digger. So noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lost bag

marpad wrote: »

Would you mind saying how much you paid for this and what size you went for? I looked on the booking website for this and it mentioned they charge different prices depending on the festival.

I’m done with general camping wouldn’t mind shelling out for comfort next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Lost bag wrote: »
    Would you mind saying how much you paid for this and what size you went for? I looked on the booking website for this and it mentioned they charge different prices depending on the festival.

I’m done with general camping wouldn’t mind shelling out for comfort next year!

I know you asked this person about harvest moon but, I said I'd chip in. We stay with podpads every year and the basic podpad with no frills is €800.
    The price has steadily increased and I'd expect it to go up again next year. This year, you got quite a small hut with a lockable door, 2 keys, 2 USB ports for phone charging and a light (these are solar powered), either 2 single beds or a smallish double bed with a blow up mattress, which you need to refill with air every day (they used to provide good foam mattresses which were 100 times better), some storage space in the hut for your gear, access to toilets and showers (less than previous years even though capacity has increased) within the pink moon/podpads site, security on the gates, a separate entrance to the arena (this is actually really great, no walking through other campsites and brings you into the arena by the comedy tent), a bar (but this was a lot smaller this year, less selection and lower quality, no live music in there anymore).
    We've stayed with podpads for 6 years and the quality has steadily decreased. I mean, it's still nice but there's a lot of issues with it. The thing that annoys me the most is that capacity has gone up, the price has gone up and the quality has gone down, along with a reduction in services (same as EP really).
    What I will say about the podpads crowd is that they are sound, very helpful and very happy to take feedback and do what they can for you. Just for example, we were at ATN at the beginning of August, we stayed with podpads, after the first night, us and a large number of other customers made noise complaints about one tent (playing really really loud rap music from 4am to 8am) and the podpads staff had it sorted immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Also looking for a loyalty code for Friday if anyone has one spare please? I've been to 4 EP's but my purchase history is scattered and not on same account.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭deeks

Has anyone heard anything official about loyalty codes yet. Can't see anything on the official site and no e-mail from ticketmaster. Gonna be a rush to get them sorted if tickets are going on sale on Friday morning?

deeks wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything official about loyalty codes yet. Can't see anything on the official site and no e-mail from ticketmaster. Gonna be a rush to get them sorted if tickets are going on sale on Friday morning?

Haven't heard a thing which is strange.

Would have to be today that they do it. Or maybe they won't bother considering the extra 20-40 euro made on each ticket.

I know I have to contact them to get my 3 or more picnics as offically on my TM account i'll only get the 1-2 picnic discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Guys, does anyone know if the campervan tickets are also going on sale on Friday or is it just the festival tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭deeks

Yeah I should have the 3 picnics discount direct from ticketmaster but for anyone who has to contact them with pictures etc it's cutting it fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭nc6000

deeks wrote:
    Yeah I should have the 3 picnics discount direct from ticketmaster but for anyone who has to contact them with pictures etc it's cutting it fine.

Any details or links on how to do this?

Advertisement