Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

SNNUS wrote: »
    I did not have to provide any updated payslips etc..

I had to give updated bank statements, no payslips though.

Also it stated in our letter of offer that we will be liable for councils legal fees, does anyone have ball park figure of what this will cost or when it has to be paid

Based on the bill I got, the fee is in two parts -
    1) Registry fees totalling €780 (these are set and would have to be paid even if your solicitor was doing them).
    2) Professional fees - I was billed ~€680 (could be different depending on the solicitor though).

It would likely have to paid before drawdown (I haven't reached that yet and I am disputing the fees).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Based on the bill I got, the fee is in two parts -
    1) Registry fees totalling €780 (these are set and would have to be paid even if your solicitor was doing them).
    2) Professional fees - I was billed ~€680 (could be different depending on the solicitor though).

It would likely have to paid before drawdown (I haven't reached that yet and I am disputing the fees).

Can you let us know how you get on please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭djan

Has anybody been able to get their own MPI on this scheme? The quoted 10% of monthly repayments isn't ideal...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LK1988

Just wondering has anybody been rejected after the credit commitee?

My application seems to have passed underwriters and housing agency to get to credit commitee but if they have approved what does the credit committee do?

• Advertisement

Can you let us know how you get on please

Will do, but that sale fell through and I'm currently only a week sale agreed on another property so it might be a while before I hear anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭redmond08

LK1988 wrote: »

My application seems to have passed underwriters and housing agency to get to credit commitee but if they have approved what does the credit committee do?

The underwriters/housing agency give their recommendations and then it's the council's credit committee who give the final say. But if it's got to the credit committee then that's very positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Cocobean1

Do you mind if ask if you got a letter telling you it had gone to the credit committee or did you ring and ask? I haven't heard anything yet my application went in 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LK1988

Cocobean1 wrote: »
    Do you mind if ask if you got a letter telling you it had gone to the credit committee or did you ring and ask? I haven't heard anything yet my application went in 3 weeks ago.

I pretty much have SDCC on speed diall at this stage. I called and they told me it was with the credit commitee.

I pretty much have SDCC on speed diall at this stage. I called and they told me it was with the credit commitee.

Thanks. I might give them a ring tomorrow just to see if there's any progress, no harm I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭raheny red

ladam wrote: »
    So have most people who have got approved had to show updated statements and/or payslips?
    Our situation has changed since we applied so we will be rightly fecked if that's the case! I hate this ****ein country ��

Dublin City's approval letter said we will have to provide updated statements, can't remember if payslips was mentioned. Fingal's didn't mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 zamzam1983

Hi I’m just wondering how many months bank statements you had to give when applying for this loan? Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Lee3b

They look for twelve months and 12 months savings also best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Anyone help me out, just wondering how are people doing the 2 bank refusals, I read people are doing it online but which banks online, we went to a bank last week but they said we have to make a full application before they issue us with a letter of what we would be approved or refused for?

Thanks in advance

Bank of Ireland do it over the phone and aid also but u need to send documents to them and they take about a week to get the letter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

bri007 wrote:
    Anyone help me out, just wondering how are people doing the 2 bank refusals, I read people are doing it online but which banks online, we went to a bank last week but they said we have to make a full application before they issue us with a letter of what we would be approved or refused for?

bri007 wrote:
    Thanks in advance

AIB was the easiest I found , approval in principal letter provided without having to speak to someone ha

Did you just do the application online and then send in salary certs, pay slips etc?
    AIB was the easiest I found , approval in principal letter provided without having to speak to someone ha

bri007 wrote: »
    Did you just do the application online and then send in salary certs, pay slips etc?

Just did the application , and letter was provided straight away to download , I never sent them a thing

They told me it would be that easy if i was a member with them it still only tool a week where as I was a with boi and had my letter within the day .. Do u mind me asking mine is gone off to be assessed but I'm afraid the letters are too vague

Lee3b wrote: »
    They told me it would be that easy if i was a member with them it still only tool a week where as I was a with boi and had my letter within the day .. Do u mind me asking mine is gone off to be assessed but I'm afraid the letters are too vague

https://aib.ie/our-products/mortgages

Use this link, answer a few questions, you'll get AIP and you can print the letter

• Advertisement

Quick question, do you have to go into the revenue office to get the form HPL1 form stamped by the revenue commissioner or can I post it in and they send it back to me?

No you send it to them and they post it back to you very quick service

Hey can anyone tell me what percentage of overtime the loan takes into consideration hoping it will bump us up a bit and how much they take out for each child as I have two

Thanks Lee3b, so i fill out the top half myself , name address and pps details and then they fill in the rest and post back?

Lee3b wrote: »
    No you send it to them and they post it back to you very quick service

Yes that is exactly it they will stamp and sign it and send it straight back

bri007 wrote: »
    Thanks Lee3b, so i fill out the top half myself , name address and pps details and then they fill in the rest and post back?

You can send it as an attachment through "my enquiries" on the online service, comes back very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I will be applying for a mortgage under this scheme as the sole applicant, as my wife has gone self employed and her previous PAYE income won't be taken into account. I assume I can still use our joint account bank statements as proof of funds even though she puts funds into the account from her savings in Australia now and again.

Also, I was going to apply to Fingal Co Co but realistically we are looking towards Swords or the Greater Dublin area which would be outside their jurisdiction. What is the protocol here? Can I not look for houses in 2 different areas if applying to a particular council?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭surrender monkey

Generally a married couple are required to purchase a family home jointly so not sure your plan will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Generally a married couple are required to purchase a family home jointly so not sure your plan will work.

Well I explained the situation to Fingal Co Co and they said my wife's income couldn't be taken into account but that I could apply as the sole applicant. There's an option to apply for a 1 income joint application

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭surrender monkey

Strange, banks usually require a married couple purchasing a family home to both be on title. In any event you can do a voluntary transfer when you complete the sale. Ask your solicitor about doing this. Then you will both be registered owners!

Advertisement