Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$40 back a $80 stay on booking.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

Thanks I just followed the link and booked a room in Galway :) You have to tick on a box on the booking page to "Use this card for your reward". So the $40 is refunded to the credit card that you use to purchase, AFTER you checkout of the hotel supposedly.

I'll try and post back when I get the money next week :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Have you seen the T&Cs. They are paying you to do a good bit of work after your stay.

https://www.booking.com/content/referral-terms.en-gb.html?aid=1229592;label=refer-UmFuZG9tSVYkc2RlIyh9YYcM0mR3uRSgoJHObf-hp93FJ8HICmVbiznvhnrFCVLXdprhWqxHDoNSDamP9uwS2Q;sid=6588862b93c92408f3031d32de3f382d;is_incentive=1

Highlights.

Download App
    Leave Review
    Create Account(if not already)

I've two bookings for the next 3 weeks but the price is higher now than I paid so I could save a small bit but don't fancy the hoops to jump through after my holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Is it paid directly back onto your card, or added as credit to your account for a future Bookings.com purchase? I can't seem to find any reference to it in the T&C's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭ Margaret White Cranberry

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Is it paid directly back onto your card, or added as credit to your account for a future Bookings.com purchase? I can't seem to find any reference to it in the T&C's.

Back to the card

Berty wrote: »
    Have you seen the T&Cs. They are paying you to do a good bit of work after your stay.

https://www.booking.com/content/referral-terms.en-gb.html?aid=1229592;label=refer-UmFuZG9tSVYkc2RlIyh9YYcM0mR3uRSgoJHObf-hp93FJ8HICmVbiznvhnrFCVLXdprhWqxHDoNSDamP9uwS2Q;sid=6588862b93c92408f3031d32de3f382d;is_incentive=1

Highlights.

Download App
    Leave Review
    Create Account(if not already)

Don't think thats the case. Its just generic t&cs that cover a lot of their different offers. Some involve booking through app, some involve reviewing this one just involves a eligible booking. At least that's my reading of it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Is Free cancelation excluded?

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Is Free cancelation excluded?

Doesn't look like. I get free cancelation but still says I'm eligible for the reward.

Brilliant will give it a go now thanks :)
    Doesn't look like. I get free cancelation but still says I'm eligible for the reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Thanks op just used this. Cancelled a place I'd already booked and rebooked to get the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Do u have to book in USD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,239 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Thanks,

Went for the deal for a weekend in Belfast which I was planning anyway. Will hopefully get it credited back a few days after the stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Just a word of warning when booking with booking.com .Always check your bank a/c because twice that I booked with them that I would pay when I got there and twice they took the full money & the last time they actually took it 3 times .Took a long time to get it sorted with them blaming the hotel and hotel blaming them.
    I'm sure it's a rare occupancy but just wanted to warn people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Not that rare, has happened to me too. Had to go through so many hoops to get it back I gave up.

Happened me too. I pushed and pushed got the money back and €200 in compensation.
    loobylou wrote: »
    Not that rare, has happened to me too. Had to go through so many hoops to get it back I gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Interesting...have used booking.com many times without an issue. Will be keeping close eye on my statements after reading this.

Thanks OP by the way. Just cancelled a booking I have with them and rebooked with the discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

cheers for this just booked a hotel will be nice to get something back, anybody get there $40 back yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,165 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

gustafo wrote: »
    cheers for this just booked a hotel will be nice to get something back, anybody get there $40 back yet??

I think it's after your stay that its applied. That's what it said on my booking anyway when I finished up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,165 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think it's after your stay that its applied. That's what it said on my booking anyway when I finished up.

• gustafo wrote: »

40 back after you stay

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

shardylan wrote: »
    Just a word of warning when booking with booking.com .Always check your bank a/c because twice that I booked with them that I would pay when I got there and twice they took the full money & the last time they actually took it 3 times .Took a long time to get it sorted with them blaming the hotel and hotel blaming them.
    I'm sure it's a rare occupancy but just wanted to warn people

I had a problem with a place in London from booking.com before that double charged me by both taking the cash for the room as I checked in and then also taking it off my card at the same time. That cash was what I had for the trip so resulted in frantic phone calls to the bank trying to figure out why I couldn't get money from the ATM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 abberr

I had a problem with a place in Thailand, free cancellation (pay in hotel once you stay) but got charged so I cancelled waiting for refund and instead of refund I got charged again.

I investigated and pushed on booking.com so eventually got everything refunded (wasn't supposed to be charged in the first place) and got a copy of reservation booking.com sends to hotel.

So it was a copy of fax - with all my credit card details - just being emailed to some hotel in phuket in Thailand. No security at all .. I had to cancel the credit card.

I prefer places like Agoda or eBookers as they charge you themselves instead of hotel and than they transfer money to actual hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Do u have to book in USD?
    Yes,can anyone answer this?I've a booking with them in August.So do I cancel,then re-book in dollars?Then just pay the hotel (in euros) using my card,then I'll get $40(in euros) back onto my card?
    Does that make sense to anyone??!!!

Just received this email from booking.com but have no idea what to do now! The email doesn't contain any links and the green box isn't clickable!419694.JPG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

When does this offer expire? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Daniel112 wrote: »
    Just received this email from booking.com but have no idea what to do now! The email doesn't contain any links and the green box isn't clickable!419694.JPG
    I'd say you prob don't have to do anything should be just lodged into your card that you paid with.
    By the way was your booking in euros or dollars?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I've 6 weeks of travelling coming up. Am I better off making a few accounts and taking advantage of this? I've a visa cars and 2 revolut master cards if having more than 1 card is needed..

Daniel112 wrote: »
    I'd say you prob don't have to do anything should be just lodged into your card that you paid with.
    By the way was your booking in euros or dollars?
    I booked in Euros :)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

also have had a bad experience with booking.com advertised a room that wasn't available at the property that I paid extra for. They won't accept it's false advertising. Assholes.... I won't be using them again. They are painful to deal with and their customer service crew are so rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭suave.4u

cheers OP, I also booked and got this message:

We hope you have a great trip! After your stay, you will receive an email on receiving your US$40 reward from Booking.com. The reward is paid on your preferred credit card and sent to you shortly afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Will this work on multiple bookings? I booked twice and seems to have went through twice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement