Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Go (Replacing Sky Mobile TV App)

• 09-06-2011 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭

Good news for Sky Sports subscribers and iphone/ipad users .... Sky have dropped their €5 charge to watch sky sports through the mobile tv app

Full Details here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

still charging €10 for non-subscribers....screw u Sky!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Just posted this on satellite forum...

The existing sky mobile app is free now for SS1 and SS2 subscribers. Although the App info says it's free, when registering I was billed €6. Rang sky and they refunded no quibbles. Said will have to download new App from 06.07 and accept new T+C's.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    still charging €10 for non-subscribers....screw u Sky!!!!:mad:

is there anything that people don't think they are entitled to for nothing these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Great news, although reducing the number of registered devices from 4 to 2 is a bit annoying. Hopefully they've fixed that bug on Macs where opening the player on two different browsers on the same laptop counted as two separate devices.

copacetic wrote: »
    is there anything that people don't think they are entitled to for nothing these days?

You obviously haven't followed the sky mobile thread and are unaware of the background to it.. I suggest you aquaint yourself with it before making a stupid remark..let me give you the gist

I and a lot of other people was quite happily paying €7 a month for this when it launched....
    Sky then got greedy and decided to increase it to €10...an increase of about 45%...they lost a lot of customers over this.

• Advertisement

You obviously haven't followed the sky mobile thread and are unaware of the background to it.. I suggest you aquaint yourself with it before making a stupid remark..let me give you the gist

In fairness, he was remarking on the post you made. I also came to the same conclusion but ignored it. Do you really expect someone to know your full history of posting in different threads/forums before they are allowed comment on your glib comment above??

Yes I do..if you're going to make a smartarse comment have the cop on to know the full story behind it..not just throwing out a glib response for the sake of it..
    There's a huge sky mobile thread in this forum..if you've been around long enough you'd have seen it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Hey Sc@recrow, why don't you take your attitude somewhere else. If you didn't want to sound like an idiot you shouldn't have made your comment out of context.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

Yes I do..if you're going to make a smartarse comment have the cop on to know the full story behind it..not just throwing out a glib response for the sake of it..
    There's a huge sky mobile thread in this forum..if you've been around long enough you'd have seen it...

Are saying that the only ones allowed to make smartarse comments are the users around a long time and not those new to this??:confused:

I and a lot of other people was quite happily paying €7 a month for this when it launched....
    Sky then got greedy and decided to increase it to €10...an increase of about 45%...they lost a lot of customers over this.

So what? Nothing to do with this thread. The rest of us with sky subs were just subsidising you. Now we get it for free as it should be and you can either pay the extra or not if you dont think it's worth it.

Some people really are in their own little world alright.

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote: »
    So what? Nothing to do with this thread. The rest of us with sky subs were just subsidising you. Now we get it for free as it should be and you can either pay the extra or not if you dont think it's worth it.

Some people really are in their own little world alright.

Really? Subsidising us? I fail to see where Sky mentioned that?
    Fair enough that anyone with Sky sports get it free...but jacking up the price by 45% to non-subscribers = not a very smart business model..

At least you got something right
    "Some people really are in their own little world alright" and you proved you truly are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ladies pls, put the handbags down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭innovation.

It says that it will be free up until July 6. Does that mean after that date it will start costing again? If I avail of this offer now, it won't cost me again, right? I'm a Sky Sports subscriber btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

So free sky sports on my iPad now if youre a sky sports subscriber ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

So free sky sports on my iPad now if youre a sky sports subscriber ?
    Yep, but only Sky Sports and Sky News are available on iOS devices. All the other channels are available for free on either your PC or Mac only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

It says that it will be free up until July 6. Does that mean after that date it will start costing again? If I avail of this offer now, it won't cost me again, right? I'm a Sky Sports subscriber btw.

Yes but you'll have to get the new Sky Go app after july 6th to continue getting the service. it will be still be free but the old app won't work

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mbreen2

Just looked on iTunes and can't find the Sky Go app lads. what's the story, did it go live yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Doodah7

mbreen2 wrote: »
    Just looked on iTunes and can't find the Sky Go app lads. what's the story, did it go live yesterday?

Have been looking for it also but I guess News International have more pressing concerns at the moment...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

mbreen2 wrote: »
    The app for the iPhone does not seem to be released yet. You can "sign up " for an email to be informed of when the app is released on the Sky website.

Sky Go for the laptop is up and running and its good as it now has Anytime on it

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

FROM SKY :

Sky Go will launch on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in time for the start of the new Barclays Premier League season and we want to ensure that we deliver the best experience for our customers.

To get ready create your Sky iD username and password at www.skygo.com/signup and visit www.skycom/skygo to register and be one of the first to know when the Free Sky Go App is ready to download.

Don’t forget, Sky Go is now live on laptop, PC and Mac so you can enjoy over 30 live TV channels and thousands of hours of on-demand TV inline with your subscription - absolutely free.

We appreciate that some customers were expecting this to be available earlier and the frustration the delay has caused. We thank you for your patience.
    michael-r

Sky Knowledge Advisor

• Advertisement

Sky Go iphone and ipad app just launched say Sky. Cant see in App store yet

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Using-Sky-Go/Update-on-the-Sky-Go-app-for-iPhone-iPad-and-iPod-touch/m-p/126735

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Yep got it in the Irish store now. great that the channel line up is expanded over the previous App. Having to manage two registered devices is quite restrictive though. Preferred when my Xbox was allowed as well as PC & iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Thedogsgone

Can you change your registered devices as you go along or are you stuck with ones you initially registered with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

Can you change your registered devices as you go along or are you stuck with ones you initially registered with?

You can make up to 7 changes per month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Seems very laggy on iPad here no multitasking either .

Brian017 wrote: »
    You can make up to 7 changes per month

Where did you see this? I didnt see any restrictions on changing registered devices mentioned in the 'manage devices' page or the faq.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I too would like to see where that 7 changes is coming from. It used to be only 1 change a month, and now the new app won't let me watch anything on my iPhone because it says I've made the maximum number of changes (I've made zero changes this month).

Daysha wrote: »
    I too would like to see where that 7 changes is coming from. It used to be only 1 change a month, and now the new app won't let me watch anything on my iPhone because it says I've made the maximum number of changes (I've made zero changes this month).

It's unlimited subject to fair use according to sky forum. You need to login on the sky website to adjust registered devices.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

Have to say it's very underwhelming. Thought there might at least be Sky Atlantic available on iPad.

Advertisement