Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

autorun.inf/autorun.exe infection

• 20-03-2008 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

my memory stick and MP3 player are infected with a trojan apparently and every time I quarantine it/put it into the virus vault it just keeps re appearing. Also, sometimes it says the item can not be cleaned or deleted? :confused: I use AVG now but this trojan just won't go away or am I doing something blatantly obviously wrong? :rolleyes: Cheers for any help! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Plug in your memory key and do the following
      1 - Flash Drive Disinfector
      Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from >here< and save it to your desktop.
      • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
      • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
      • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
      • Reboot your computer when done.
      Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
      • Close all other windows before proceeding.
      • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
      • If your anti-virus or firewall complains, please allow this script to run as it is not malicious.
      • When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

Plug in your memory key and do the following
        1 - Flash Drive Disinfector
        Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from >here< and save it to your desktop.
        • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
        • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
        • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
        • Reboot your computer when done.
        Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

Did this but after I restarted the laptop & scanned with AVG it still picks up a trojan/worm on my memory stick :confused: think I should go back to using typewriters!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Continue on with the next step then

Advertisement