Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

starting to show at 3 months?

• 07-11-2015 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hi all

Anyone here pregnant... at 3 months or so were you starting to show? I'm talking in terms of getting into a pretty slim fitting wedding dress...

I should add I'm a size 10-12 with pretty awful tendency to put weight on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I was showing a bit at that stage, though I know others who were hardly showing way past that. My mam and aunts (on my mams side) all said that women in my family show early so maybe ask see if you can use family members as a guide!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

I wasn't showing at that point (I could feel the bump but no one else noticed a thing) but I remember tight clothes being awful uncomfortable and needing to wear looser stuff than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I didn't look pregnant until really late in my pregnancy, definitely wasn't showing at all at three months but everybody carries differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

On my first pregnancy I had a tiny bump only noticeable to me, but i would not have worn a tight fitting dress, I think that would have made it more noticeable! I think on subsequent pregnancies your tend to show more quickly. I had a cousin who was only 8 weeks along look like she was about 5 mo ths along! But it was her 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I'm barely showing at 5 months (second child, didn't start showing til 6 1/2 months with my first) but everyone is different.

I echo previous points about tight clothes though. I could still get my old (pre pregnancy) jeans on but they'd feel uncomfortable after a while. A tight dress all day wouldn't be comfortable for most.

Are you having alterations? You could give the tailor a heads up that you may well need the dress a bit more roomy. If you have a lace up back it will obviously be easier to adjust the size a bit according to your needs on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Didn't really have a bump until 4 months but had occasional bloating in 1st trimester that made me look 6 months gone and went up two bra sizes! Am usually an 8 and would have really struggled to fit into my wedding dress! Different for everyone, once you can alter it should be fine!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I was showing a bit at 12-13 weeks, same size as OP. I'm carrying quite low though. Was also up 5 cup sizes by 15 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I was at a work event when I was around 9 weeks pregnant and someone asked me when I was due! :eek: I was mortified as I hadn't told anyone I worked with at that stage, thankfully no one overheard. At that stage the baby is obviously too small to even create a bump, but I had terrible bloating in the first trimester.

I would say in general that most people don't start showing until the second trimester. So you might get away with it, every pregnancy is different though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

It all depends. On my first pregnancy I made it to 17/19 weeks before I was showing at all. I was desperate for a bump too.
    Now I'm almost 9 weeks pregnant (8+5) and I can see the bump already. I'm really keen to make it to 12 weeks before telling anyone (longer if I can make it) but it's going to be a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,234 ✭✭✭✭fits

Let your alterations person know for sure. You might be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I was at a work event when I was around 9 weeks pregnant and someone asked me when I was due! :eek: I was mortified as I hadn't told anyone I worked with at that stage, thankfully no one overheard. At that stage the baby is obviously too small to even create a bump, but I had terrible bloating in the first trimester.

I would say in general that most people don't start showing until the second trimester. So you might get away with it, every pregnancy is different though!

Sound like something that happened me. I inadvertently asked a teacher who had not even told her husband yet. :P:P Learned a lesson that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

Thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I was tiny on my first pregnancy, didn't show until the sixth month. This time around, I was starting to show at 15 weeks. Now (at 22 weeks) I'm very obviously pregnant. (And it's not weight, I'm the same weight as I was last time, it's all baby bump!).
    Also the boob fairy didn't show up last time, now I have massive (for me!) boobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

It's different on every pregnant and depends on your stomach muscle and your frame!
    I was a size 12 on my first with a fairly toned stomach so got to about 26 weeks before a proper bump.
    Now, I'm a size 14 and started to show at 15 weeks or so, I'm 19 weeks now and have a definite bump.
    I have tendencies to pile on weight too, especially in my thighs and bum but it comes off fairly quick(I hope)

Advertisement