Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Giveitfong

A fair summary of the match in fairness even from a limerick point of view. Just a few points limerick were imo missing the following guaranteed starters sean finn William o donoghue tom Morrissey and Seamus Flanagan, I know some would argue Peter Casey and 1 or 2 others plus some were played out of position. Yes limerick deserved the win but I thought Waterford could have scored 2 more goals and I felt when Waterford with the pacy forwards ran at our defence they caused our full back line a lot of problems. I think at this stage Waterford are probably short 2-3 top class forwards to win the all Ireland but that's not to say they're not there already they just need more time at this level no different to us in 2017. I think Cahill is a top manager and yer v lucky to have him he has to be given time. I can't genuinely see any reason why Waterford can't come out of munster I think yer capable of beating tipp or cork at home(or both)and are capable of picking up points on the road too.

Re limerick all these plaudits etc etc make me very nervous for the yr ahead we know we'll be there or thereabouts just as there is other teams more than capable of winning it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

hardybuck wrote: »
    My gut instinct is that they'll get as far as April and then there will be the natural pause for a month to allow for a break in games.

There will be a couple of thousand club championship games all over the country in April. This might not simply work out the way people are hoping, I think we’re looking at a real possibility of championship games being cancelled in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Ian OB

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hard to knw will the match be on this weekend

If they have to call it off than it could be a right disaster for the GAA in terms of fixtures

Ah sure 'tis only the league

^ducks^

• Registered Users Posts: 37,705 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Like Cahill's approach of taking no ****e from any player and if u can't train than your not attending

If he does well in his 2 year stint with us than it's the big job in his native county he will be after but atm hes 100% committed to our cause. This time last year we were flying but feel were even a step further in the coaching aspect this year. At the end of the day it's only the league

• Advertisement

Like Cahill's approach of taking no ****e from any player and if u can't train than your not attending

If he does well in his 2 year stint with us than it's the big job in his native county he will be after but atm hes 100% committed to our cause. This time last year we were flying but feel were even a step further in the coaching aspect this year. At the end of the day it's only the league

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

There will be a couple of thousand club championship games all over the country in April. This might not simply work out the way people are hoping, I think we’re looking at a real possibility of championship games being cancelled in May.

No there won't. Only a handful of counties play championship in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭spideyman92

If the government is advising against outdoor events over 500, the quarter finals can hardly go ahead now? Or they'll have to be played without an audience at least and give refund options.

If the government is advising against outdoor events over 500, the quarter finals can hardly go ahead now? Or they'll have to be played without an audience at least and give refund options.

the national leagues are over. Forget about it lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭spideyman92

the national leagues are over. Forget about it lads

They really should just cancel it. It's the clubs that'll suffer if they just postpone everything and push them down the calendar.

Everything off

They should just scrap the league for this year and resume hopefully in May for the Championship

Very good league campaign for us ans hopefully Cahill has an idea of our gameplan etc

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

De Burca could be back yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Ready for the All Ireland final in November!!!

Shane bennett too

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

and Michael Kiely and Aussie fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Junior Hurler

Realistically there’s no prospect of inter county hurling till June / July at the earliest. A long way to go in managing and getting through the crisis. And then collective training will need to recommence before matches considered on top of figuring out the new club / inter county schedule. There’ll need to be give and take on all sides and we won’t have perfection. The impact all Co Board coffers needs consideration as inevitable fewer matches across all levels means less income.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Relhcstirt

Might be looking at 2021 the way things are going!!

Relhcstirt wrote: »
    Might be looking at 2021 the way things are going!!

It’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Has to be strong chance there will be no intercounty championships this year

It’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Has to be strong chance there will be no intercounty championships this year

true and from a normal view away from GAA views hope everyone is/and will stay save and to look after each other

On the GAA view hopefully it doesnt come to that and we will be able to have some sort of championship this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

true and from a normal view away from GAA views hope everyone is/and will stay save and to look after each other

On the GAA view hopefully it doesnt come to that and we will be able to have some sort of championship this year
    Yep shortened championship play the 4 provincials and no back door ,

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭paddy13

Yep shortened championship play the 4 provincials and no back door ,

If we do get back to normal come June/July and we can start championship I think this would bring real excitement. Unfortunately we are a long way from there it seems.

Take care all

Just out of interest were Moran and Barret's bans upheld by the CCCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭upthedeise16

Just out of interest were Moran and Barret's bans upheld by the CCCC?

Moran definitely was anyway

They really just don't want to know about it until the height of the summer when everyones watching.

Maybe go back to the pre 2018 calendar and Championship structures for this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭seananigans

Maybe go back to the pre 2018 calendar and Championship structures for this year

run it as a straight knockout no back door , all 4 provincial winners into semis, will only be 5 rounds played over 7/8 weeks no replays , bring kerry back into munster for the year to balance the draw 2 byes to the semi's

alternately allow beaten leinster/munster finalists to play the ulster /connacht winners in a quarter

just for this year

run it as a straight knockout no back door , all 4 provincial winners into semis, will only be 5 rounds played over 7/8 weeks no replays , bring kerry back into munster for the year to balance the draw 2 byes to the semi's

alternately allow beaten leinster/munster finalists to play the ulster /connacht winners in a quarter

just for this year

I cant see the GAA.passing up revenue

Its expected to be 14 week issue,so start championship 1st week july,and realistically looking at an all ireland in december IMO

(League might need to be abandoned)

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

While I accept that lads are looking to generate discussion and possibly distraction with everything that's going on, really nobody can predict what format will be in place as we don't know when there's any possibility of playing a match. And even then presumably there would be a need for a training period in the lead up.

In an attempt not to kill all conversation though, what is your best memory as a Waterford fan? Personally I'd go for the 2002 Munster Final. Beat the reigning all Ireland champions by 8 points playing brilliant hurling. While the All Ireland never followed it felt like a new team full of potential had just arrived.

• Advertisement

While I accept that lads are looking to generate discussion and possibly distraction with everything that's going on, really nobody can predict what format will be in place as we don't know when there's any possibility of playing a match. And even then presumably there would be a need for a training period in the lead up.

In an attempt not to kill all conversation though, what is your best memory as a Waterford fan? Personally I'd go for the 2002 Munster Final. Beat the reigning all Ireland champions by 8 points playing brilliant hurling. While the All Ireland never followed it felt like a new team full of potential had just arrived.

Munster final 04,packed house,buzzing atmosphere,fantastic weather,complete shootout and win after a terrible start (goal between legs iirc)

League final 07,completly out hurled,and out fought kk,and for long time we were only team to beat em in a national final,still.maintain we would've beat em,if we got through to the final, if i had to choose it would be that win

Actually i have the dvd package of all the big games,that was released a few years ago,if we are to go on shutdown,im.going to watch them :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement