Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas trees

• 02-12-2011 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Is there anywhere in Dublin selling decent christmas trees that dont cost too much?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

interested to hear suggestions on this too...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

The cheapest I've found are http://christmastreedublin.com/ & http://www.aware.ie/site/comments/aware_christmas_trees_2011/

I'm usually on the lookout for the reject mutant trees that you find at petrol stations. We usually get something that's tall and slim with loads of branches - which suits our sitting room perfectly! So if anyone knows of such a place, let me know please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 littleandoften

I bought a christmas tree of a fella at the silver Tassie pub Loughlinstown,7 foot tall loads of branches 35 euro,thought that wasnt too bad,he put it in one of those nets aswell.

Avoca Rathcoole (7' are €60, but they're fabulous looking trees) and Corkagh Nursery outbound on the N7 before Kingswood have them too. I bought my Dad's there last year and it was very cheap.

Here is a list too:
    http://christmastreesireland.com/sellers_2011
    The place in Slade Valley are €25 & €35. Gonna look at them later.
    Woodies seem to have them too.

More info here! http://blog.doneganlandscaping.com/2011/12/07/irish-christmas-trees/

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ergo

I'd be interested too to know of places with decent value..anywhere between Rathmines and Tallaght would suit me...tried locally enough to Rathmines and trees costing €55 to €70...

• Advertisement

ergo wrote: »
    I'd be interested too to know of places with decent value..anywhere between Rathmines and Tallaght would suit me...tried locally enough to Rathmines and trees costing €55 to €70...

I got two 8' trees in the Slade Valley Christmas Tree farm (opposite the golf club) for €70 last night. You can cut your own there, so best to go in the day!
    It's up behind Saggart - so not that far from Tallaght if you want to take a spin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭zacseph

Anyone know anywhere near D7 / Stonybatter / NCR area? Saw some over in the park shopping centre, but not sure about them... for some reason I thought there'd be someone in the phoenix park (there might be, i haven't looked that closely) but I need to find somewhere near, since I'll be walking it back home :P :)

zacseph wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere near D7 / Stonybatter / NCR area? Saw some over in the park shopping centre, but not sure about them... for some reason I thought there'd be someone in the phoenix park (there might be, i haven't looked that closely) but I need to find somewhere near, since I'll be walking it back home :P :)

Outside Tesco on Prussia St AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Shiner11

Buy an Axe: €20.
    Head to the forest.
    Result? a motherf*cking 20 foot christmas tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Shiner11 wrote: »
    Buy an Axe: €20.
    Head to the forest.
    Result? a motherf*cking 20 foot christmas tree.

Shiner11 I suggest you post ideas that are actually feasible/legal. A lot of forest is private / government land so you'd being breaking the law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭chancer12

Where are they selling trees near the Silver Tassie? Is it out of the car park or somewhere else local to there?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dub56

All trees,artificial and real are now selling for half price in Homebase in Nutgrove.
    I picked up a 6ft,noble fir real tree for 20 yoyos.I presume all branches are doing the same offer.

Advertisement