Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

How long do rechecks take?
    6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shambles2020

I'm thinking of doing Contract, Criminal, Equity and Property in March. Should I start studying now? Any tips would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Anyone have an up to date Eu or equity grids they are willing to send, I can swap for notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Louis Litt

Guys,
    What is the story with Constitutional?! JUst looked at the exam grid, its all over the place. Is there always a case note Q and are the topics mixed? Must need to be covering 15+ topics by the looks of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Louis Litt wrote: »
    Guys,
    What is the story with Constitutional?! JUst looked at the exam grid, its all over the place. Is there always a case note Q and are the topics mixed? Must need to be covering 15+ topics by the looks of it!

Interested in peoples thoughts on this too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

Hey guys, would anyone be willing to share EU and company grids, notes, sample answers? Haven't looked at it since college and dont know where to start. Thanks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daly29

Just a general tip on Constitutional, if it is an area of law you are interested in I would buy The Supreme Court by Ruadhan Mac Cormaic and read it over Christmas. It's an easy read, interesting and not very heavy. It will bring the cases to life and make your study easier. It was suggested here a few times so there are a few ohers who found this helpful. It's in Hoggis and Figgis, about E15.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fe1VanWilder

Has anyone received a reply from the law society in relation to a request to have their exam scripts sent out? I can’t make the viewing session this weekend. Any information on how long this process took after the last sitting would be great in addition to whether they’re sent out via email or post? Thanks

Has anyone received a reply from the law society in relation to a request to have their exam scripts sent out? I can’t make the viewing session this weekend. Any information on how long this process took after the last sitting would be great in addition to whether they’re sent out via email or post? Thanks

Mine were sent in a password protected email about 3 weeks later

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fe1VanWilder

jus_me wrote: »
    Mine were sent in a password protected email about 3 weeks later

Perfect, thanks! Not much use when the recheck deadline is the week before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Hi guys,

Any kind soul willing to share constitutional sample answers ? I have materia for other subjects that I can share.

Tía

jewels652 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Any kind soul willing to share constitutional sample answers ? I have materia for other subjects that I can share.

Tía

pm me and I'll email u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Sineaddh

Sorry to post again just anxious to get a reply

If my manuals are a year or two old am I taking a big risk using them as my main source of study?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bassadd

Sineaddh wrote: »

If my manuals are a year or two old am I taking a big risk using them as my main source of study?

Thanks!

No, you should be ok - If you are doing Constitutional look up the Kings Inn Constitutional Syllabus and it will show important recent cases

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

Sineaddh wrote: »

Thanks!

I would say you would be completely fine for the vast most majority to use those manuals - if I were you I would use them in conjunction with the Night Before Notes prepared by City Colleges which will show you if there are any recent cases or legislation you are missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Does anyone have a recent grid for company? I can swap EU and Tort

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HappyKitten62

Does anyone know when the examiners reports will be released? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

They should be out in January - I was in touch with Law Society a few weeks ago to ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Hi did anyone go to the recheck yesterday or previously? What was their view on it and how do you really know whether to recheck or not? I felt some marks were fair and some not so fair. I felt I did much better in Tort. After making the trek to Dublin I still can not really make a decision on whether to do the recheck or not. Has anybody got any stories to share and would you only get recheck if you felt you were extremely hard done by? Also would you only bother with a recheck if you got over 47?

Feeling deflated. ;/

Hi did anyone go to the recheck yesterday or previously? What was their view on it and how do you really know whether to recheck or not? I felt some marks were fair and some not so fair. I felt I did much better in Tort. After making the trek to Dublin I still can not really make a decision on whether to do the recheck or not. Has anybody got any stories to share and would you only get recheck if you felt you were extremely hard done by? Also would you only bother with a recheck if you got over 47?

Feeling deflated. ;/

I’m getting a recheck in property and I got 46 in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 JP25

Guys,
    Yeah, unfortunately you do have to cover a lot of topics for Constitutional and multiple topics can come up in one question.

One of the best ways to prepare is to read up on recent significant cases (past three years maybe) and prepare the topics that are related to those cases - City colleges posted night before notes outlining the most important cases.

You also just need to be prepared to do a lot more work for Constitutional than other papers

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Louis Litt

Any ideas where the exam centre in Cork will be for March 2020?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭vid36

I’m getting a recheck in property and I got 46 in it

I was brought up from 43 to a pass in Company after a recheck previously. I strongly recommend it.I know one person who was brought up to a pass in Tort after a recheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sorchauna

Not posting anything related to FE’s exams. I was passing through boards and said I’d checked out the most recent thread - once upon a time I practically lived in these threads.

The FE’s are the hardest part - life in PPC and as a solicitor is so much easier than it is at the moment doing the exams! But we have all been there, passed them and survived. Ye will to.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

Hey guys, would anyone be willing to share EU and company grids, notes, sample answers? Haven't looked at it since college and dont know where to start. Thanks!!! Can swap with other subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 VB1995

Does anyone have the exam papers for the October 2019 sitting? I didn't pass contract an I have had my script sent back but I cannot remember the questions?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CDarrall

Any ideas where the exam centre in Cork will be for March 2020?

Hiya, i emailed the law society around a week or two ago and they said they're hoping for Neptune Stadium in Cork :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭supercreative

Does anyone know is it still possible to access the night before notes videos from City Colleges for the Oct 2019 exams? I was thinking about using them as a quick way to ease myself into the next four but can't find them anywhere.

Does anyone know is it still possible to access the night before notes videos from City Colleges for the Oct 2019 exams? I was thinking about using them as a quick way to ease myself into the next four but can't find them anywhere.

I couldn’t get them either, awful pain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Law1997

Is anyone actually doing much at the moment? So hard to study this time of year!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement