Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Internet conspiracy theorist predicts economic collapse in U.S. today

• 09-02-2009 2:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/freshloaf/2009/01/29/internet-conspiracy-theorist-predicts-economic-collapse-next-week/

On Sept. 15, 2008, the stock market’s death rattle was amplified by Wall Street giant Lehman Brothers’ decision to file for bankruptcy.

One mysterious man named “Reinhardt” predicted the date and details of the collapse on a Google finance message board months before the fact. He also explained — in great detail — that the crash was caused by an organization with Catholic ties. And that one of the group’s founders was Tom Monaghan, the brains behind Domino’s Pizza. So there’s that.

Yesterday, Gawker reported that “Reinhardt” has revealed his identity on his blog. He says another financial asteroid is approaching and will strike on Feb. 9. Thank God people are buying pitchforks and learning Tae-Bo!

What’s the local angle, you ask? Well, according to his blog, “Reinhardt” lives in Atlanta. The “Real Housewives” don’t have anything on this dude.

If you have creepy music on your iPod, like Creed, now would be a good time to turn it on.

Reinhardt’s blog is a series of quick observations intermixed with stark photos and graphs depicting how disjointed and rattled the global finance climate has become. He hints at this, winks about that. And throughout the posts you’ll see a countdown — “12 days to go” — to a foreboding event. Beware the IMF, “the king will never do away with cheap labor. ” If it wasn’t so damn frightening, it’d make for intriguing reading.

Oh, and he also produces a business journal. Subscriptions are $720. Don’t say he — or we — didn’t warn you. (Scroll down on “Reinhardt’s” blog for information.) He hasn’t called or written me back yet, but I’m kind of in the mood for a downer for a day. I hope he does.

Its a bit freaky how right he was on the date of the Lehman Brothers thing. Will something as big happen today?

And will the last person to leave the planet please turn out the lights. Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/freshloaf/2009/01/29/internet-conspiracy-theorist-predicts-economic-collapse-next-week/

Its a bit freaky how right he was on the date of the Lehman Brothers thing. Will something as big happen today?

And will the last person to leave the planet please turn out the lights. Thank you.

The worlds a big place. There could have been 365 crackpot economist people predicting Lehman brothers would collapse last year, each putting a different date on it and then one getting it right!! Although I'm sure they all came to the general conclusion that this world is going to spin off its own axis into this sun and that now is tht time to crack open each others heads and feast on the goo inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭ Caroline Screeching Conductor

*Snore*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

There could have been 365 crackpot economist people predicting (Lehman)

Surely you mean LenihanBros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Internet conspiracy theorist (me) predicts Frada is asleep!!v:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭ Caroline Screeching Conductor

Feelgood wrote: »
    Internet conspiracy theorist (me) predicts Frada is asleep!!v:eek:

Nope, you're wrong. Just like every other internet conspiracy theorist.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Nope, you're wrong. Just like every other internet conspiracy theorist.
    Not all of them. I an internet conspiracy theorist and I predict Caroline Screeching Conductor is awake.

This has to be a flier. World but not as we know it. They have to re-boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Not all of them. I an internet conspiracy theorist and I predict Frada is awake.

Ahh but what if he is sleep walking, does that count as asleep or awake?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It's ok, I have tomorrow off.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's RTDH, isn't it?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I hear they use silver rattles, neck of them! :mad:

Rb wrote: »
    It's ok, I have tomorrow off.

Spawny baastid. I look after the LHC in Geneva. Same thing so..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Are you sure it wasn't this guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor)?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,547 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'll beleive it when the dow dips below 6k tomorrow. Until then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buynow

So... I shouldn't be bothered going to work at all in morning?

Suits me.

buynow wrote: »
    So... I shouldn't be bothered going to work at all in morning?

Suits me.
    Make sure you tell your boss that the internet told you not to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

He still can't deliver a pizza in under 30 minutes, taking over the world won't change that me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,792 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

This has to be a flier. World but not as we know it. They have to re-boot.
    Have ya tried turning off and turning it back on again?

Advertisement