Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Golf Tips Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Trying again for another go, so going for :

Turkish Airlines Open 2019

Eddie Pepperell@35/1 & Andy Sullivan@55/1

Charles Schwab Cup Championship 2019

Jerry Kelly@11/1 & Joe Durant@50/1

Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Jeremy Chapman suggests that Jon Rham,Hatton,Willet,Westwood and McIntyre are woth supporting in the DP world tour championship.

His main bet is 21/2 pts ew Rham.

i am with him on Rham who has played very well in Europe this year and has a great chance here.4th last year and a winner the year before he could be ready for this after a break.

Available at 7/1 i have have backed him at 13/2 win only
    with Boyles who are money back (free bet) if 2nd 3rd or 4th inc ties.
    I asked today what was the max amount and the guy i asked was not sure but said he thought it was €20.I did it twice in the same shop and will do it twice more tomorrow in another shop.

Boyles are only money back if one is on the grid,however PP is also money back at 13/2 if 2nd 3rd or 4th.

Following a rare win last week to a decent stake (phew) i will be hoping to follow up and the televised womens tour event in Spain might be the place to look as so many in the field have little chance of success.

I will have a look at the form and have a bet later.

Following a rare win last week to a decent stake (phew) i will be hoping to follow up and the televised womens tour event in Spain might be the place to look as so many in the field have little chance of success.

I will have a look at the form and have a bet later.

NANA MADSEN 10s for the Spanish Open,played well last week for 3 rounds and there are only a few decent women playing this week so i have a few quid ew.

In South Africa young Zander Lombard might be able to overcome a few out of form but more established players 20S pp 7 places.

NANA MADSEN 10s for the Spanish Open,played well last week for 3 rounds and there are only a few decent women playing this week so i have a few quid ew.

In South Africa young Zander Lombard might be able to overcome a few out of form but more established players 20S pp 7 places.

I did not follow up last weeks win but i feel i should have,Lombard had an 8 at the last and i now only get a 1/4 of the place money its a pity he did not get a 7.

Madsen was even worse,3 double bogeys in the final round, at the 4th.13th and 18th and she was only beaten a shot!!! a par at the last would have won me the cash,painful.

• Advertisement

I did not follow up last weeks win but i feel i should have,Lombard had an 8 at the last and i now only get a 1/4 of the place money its a pity he did not get a 7.

Madsen was even worse,3 double bogeys in the final round, at the 4th.13th and 18th and she was only beaten a shot!!! a par at the last would have won me the cash,painful.

Lots of golf this week but Australia not on tv.

Justin Harding 20s and Matthieu Pavon 66s will do me in Mauritius both having a bit of course form.

Rahm could win the Hero but i will have a few quid ew Patrick Reed 16s 5 places.
    Garcia could be worth a few quid in Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

Tiger Woods at 10/1 for the Hero World Challenge is an absolute steal. Word from Bahamas is that in practice and in Tuesday's pro-am, he was flushing it with his driver and irons. Tournament starts today instead of the traditional Thursday. Really looking forward to see what Tiger can do this week.

Connor Syme at 60/1 generally for the Mauritius Open, looks like a strong each-way bet. Played some really good golf at last week's Alfred Dunhill at Leopard Creek, finishing 11th. Really impressed with his ball-striking too.

Looking forward to this week's golf most certainly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Sincere Howling Reformer

Tiger gets out in about an hour, spotted optimal price @12, but this is for 1stRL, however this still the same 4pl(1/4) as would be for outright (at shorter) via Sky.
    Wonder if Speith @29 with same book is also slightly high, for 4pl out of just 18 or so contenders. Another price irregularity is Watson @46.
    Again only value if they perform.

Elsewhere at Powers they're doing 5pl (1/5) for both markets and Tony Finau@19 for the Leader after R1 is better than anywhere else.

Down under and just noticed an oddity with Windred priced +50-80% average price @81. Also with +20% is Warren@251.
    But 1stRL Garcia @23 might be more sensible and conservative slight advantge.

Matthieu Pavon is 80/1 with Lads only 66/1 PP both going 7 places,it pays to shop around.
    I put a tenner ew on my fancies but had another tenner ew Pavon at the 80/1 and backed Reed ew without Thomas and Rahm at the lesser price of 12/1 a drop of 4 points from the 16s available for a straight win.

I hope i get someone at least placed as it was not my intention to invest a 100 but thats just the way it worked out.

• Advertisement

Having another go this week, so going for :

Hero World Challenge

Tiger Woods 10/1 & Rickie Fowler 12/1

Mauritius Open

George Coetzee 14/1 & Romain Langasque 16/1

Good luck all

Reid cock up cost me a few quid only got the place money and Pavons blowout in round 3 ruined any chance of a big payout.

Two bets this week in the QBE Shootout Horschel/Todd win at 9/2 and Hoffman/Kisner ew at 10/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

Had detry in Mauritius can't believe he put it in the bunker on 16 while leading went 1/4 on paddy. I'm looking forward to a better year starting on pga thinking of going dustin this year

First tournament of the year and i ahave gone with Patrick reed at 12/1 5 places and backed REED again at 13/2 without Rahm,Johnson,Cantlay ,Schauffle and Thomas.

I have 15 ew on both bets and i was influenced by the fact that Reed kept going over the winter and he may be less rusty than some.

First tournament of the year and i ahave gone with Patrick reed at 12/1 5 places and backed REED again at 13/2 without Rahm,Johnson,Cantlay ,Schauffle and Thomas.

I have 15 ew on both bets and i was influenced by the fact that Reed kept going over the winter and he may be less rusty than some.

This W/O market is very good, still 5pl (as per outright) but without many big names, went Fowler circa 8.0. Starts in a handful of hours, as does the L'Pool who will likely have a few 1stGS to populate a mixed e/w acca.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Fowler ew at 14’s for me

Who was doing that market - without the players?

abarkie wrote: »
    Who was doing that market - without the players?

Paddy Power,though my bet is not looking very healthy now.

Anyone think kuchar 14s is is good bet now

Anyone think kuchar 14s is is good bet now
    If already backed any of these JT/Fowler/Rahm, then could be a decent Alt/Arb/Offset acca-builder, and it does have 40% market availabily @17.0 (16/1), not just default 14/1.

• Advertisement

If already backed any of these JT/Fowler/Rahm, then could be a decent Alt/Arb/Offset acca-builder, and it does have 40% market availabily @17.0 (16/1), not just default 14/1.

Supposed to be windy next 3 days can't see winner coming from outside top 5

Kuchar was shocking yesterday has won in wind before. He ain't defending next week I find strange.

Reed fighting back after shocker yesterday.
    I am hopeful as he is scrambling well and if he hits a few greens who knows.

The other bet is more likely to pay off but nothing certain with Paddy. Rahm is one of the 5 betting without I just left it off the docket.

Paddy nearly pulled off the two bets for me,the without market was some bet as things turned out.

Waialae,is somewhat different to Kapalua insofar as those who do not hit the ball out of sight are not at a disadvantage and accuracy is essential.

The betting "without" market is the way to go, for me at least this week even though we may never get it as easy again with a small field.last week.

PP is betting without Thomas,Reed,Simpson,Morikawa,Matsuyama and IM and there may be a bit of value in backing Matt Kuchar at 17/1 5 places,Kuchar is only 22/1 with PP to win outright and this type of tournament (when a lot of the stars are missing)is up Kuchars alley as he showed when winning here last year.

Kuchar did ok last week in finishing 14th and can do better this week on a more suitable course.

Imay back another one or 2 but i will leave Joburg alone because 240 players on two courses is not ideal.

Waialae,is somewhat different to Kapalua insofar as those who do not hit the ball out of sight are not at a disadvantage and accuracy is essential.

The betting "without" market is the way to go, for me at least this week even though we may never get it as easy again with a small field.last week.

PP is betting without Thomas,Reed,Simpson,Morikawa,Matsuyama and IM and there may be a bit of value in backing Matt Kuchar at 17/1 5 places,Kuchar is only 22/1 with PP to win outright and this type of tournament (when a lot of the stars are missing)is up Kuchars alley as he showed when winning here last year.

Kuchar did ok last week in finishing 14th and can do better this week on a more suitable course.

Imay back another one or 2 but i will leave Joburg alone because 240 players on two courses is not ideal.

Niemenen this week for me think course will suit

Added 2 more betting without.
    PUTNAM 35 to1 Sony and H Porteus without 5 in South Africa 50 to1.

Instead of 8pl in SA (for hundreds of contenders), split the field using 1stR per course, and still get a reasonable 6pl: e.g. Pulk & Pepp/'Jager

Sony is only 3/5 the field size of SA: Conners@36(8pl), or the Sky people (7pl) have C.Smith +20% @51.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

I like the chances of Talor Gooch, this week in the Sony Open In Hawaii. He is a very good player in tournaments where high winds were a factor. Comes from Oklahoma where wind is always a factor and is a good all round player.

Around 150/1 in places and with good e/w terms also, he certainly looks a good bet. Looks like Thursday and Friday are going to be very rough weather wise with gusts of over 40 mph or higher in Waialae in Honolulu. Add to it the likelihood of thunderstorms also, it will be a very tough week for players, caddies, patrons and officials and ground staff.

Connor Syme at the South African Open and Gunn Charoenkul in the Hong Kong Open, are also golfers that I feel will do well and are well worth a each-way bet this week. Syme at 66/1 generally while Charoenkul is around 20/1.

Advertisement