Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The skies over the midlands.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭The Wild Goose

Okay, I started this thread by posing two questions:

1. Why were there so many planes flying overhead in my area on a specific day considering I'm not on a recognised flight path.

2. Some planes had 'chemtrails'

1. The evidence presented seems to show that I appear to have been incorrect regarding the volume of planes in my area, and that I am actually on a recognised flight path at least some of the time. So I agree that the amount of planes viewed that day was probably not unusual after all.

2. The responses to this were overwhelmingly concerned with my defining what a chemtrail was, what it consisted of, define the differences with contrails etc. etc.
    I would probably regard a contrail as vapour which dissipates seconds after a plane passes and a chemtrail as something which is still clearly visible up to an hour later. This was explained away by the altitude of the plane which I remain doubtful about judging by what I've seen myself. It's feasible but I'm not entirely convinced.

However another popular thrust to the responses concerned the validity of some 'organisation' pumping chemicals into the skies, and the "what evidence do you have of anything like that" argument.

And this is the distinctly odd part.
    I posted a video of a presentation 10 years ago where a Harvard scientist and member of the establishment proposes pumping 10 million tons of aluminium into the atmosphere, using airlines as the delivery method.
    10 Million Tons of aluminium!
    And not one person thought this was incredibly bizarre or frightening that some crazy scientist would even contemplate doing that?
    That was 10 years ago and in the public arena, so what do you suppose they've been doing since, and behind closed doors?
    I find it astounding that nobody seems to think there's anything wrong with that proposition.
    This world is a home to over seven billion people not the property of a handful of psychopaths, and if you are prepared to sit idly by and accept while a select group decide your existence then that's your choice.
    Sorry, but I believe that I should have a say and don't accept that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I think you are confusing proposals with implementations.

There is a simple chem trail test you can do. Stand outside under the suspect chem trails. Empty your lungs completely, then inhale as much air as you can, then empty again. Repeat this cycle as fast as you can, at least 20 times. If you feel nothing unusual, then you are fine, but if you feel a bit dizzy it means you won't be fathering any kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I would probably regard a contrail as vapour which dissipates seconds after a plane passes and a chemtrail as something which is still clearly visible up to an hour later. T
    Ok.
    How do you know this is actually true?
    How do you know for a fact that it is impossible for a normal control to last for a long time?

Please be specific with your answer.
    I posted a video of a presentation 10 years ago where a Harvard scientist and member of the establishment proposes pumping 10 million tons of aluminium into the atmosphere, using airlines as the delivery method.
    And not one person thought this was incredibly bizarre or frightening that some crazy scientist would even contemplate doing that?
    That was 10 years ago and in the public arena, so what do you suppose they've been doing since, and behind closed doors?
    I find it astounding that nobody seems to think there's anything wrong with that proposition.
    This world is a home to over seven billion people not the property of a handful of psychopaths, and if you are prepared to sit idly by and accept while a select group decide your existence then that's your choice.
    Sorry, but I believe that I should have a say and don't accept that option.
    First we have to establish that chemtrails actually exist.
    And given that the logistics of a decades long global conspiracy with no leaks is rather fantastical, maybe we should first see if the possibility is worth exploring seriously.

And given that you and other believers have difficulty showing that chemtrails actually exist...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,765 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

1. Why were there so many planes flying overhead in my area on a specific day considering I'm not on a recognised flight path.

Weather

Contrails
    I would probably regard a contrail as vapour which dissipates seconds after a plane passes and a chemtrail as something which is still clearly visible up to an hour later. This was explained away by the altitude of the plane which I remain doubtful about judging by what I've seen myself. It's feasible but I'm not entirely convinced.

Some contrails dissipate, some don't. It depends on altitude, heat produced by the engine and other factors.

One scientist theorized about something, means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I thought this sort of batshít stuff was only useful to laugh at people in America but seems there are Irish people who believe it too.

Globalisation for you I suppose.

Stay of the internet you crazy people!

• Advertisement

OP, you might want to try again in a few months. Your argument was that there were a load of planes above your house. You have now learnt why.

I am a teacher and I'm going to ask some students tomorrow and Friday about this exact scenario. "If you see a load of planes over your house on a certain day, why might that be?" I'll do it from grade 12 down to grade 6 and see how old you have to be to get it right. If any of them observe and question and they somehow come up with chemtrails, I will make a personal recommendation to the principal that they be expelled, or at least be thrown out of science class.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Aside form the fact that if you were going to "chemtrail" people (is "chemtrail" a verb now?) it would make sense to do it over Dublin as opposed to a sparsely populated place like the Irish midlands.

Thats just a waste of good chemicals.

The Nal wrote: »
    I thought this sort of batshít stuff was only useful to laugh at people in America but seems there are Irish people who believe it too.

Globalisation for you I suppose.

Stay of the internet you crazy people!

If you want to remain ignorant that's your prerogative, but don't presume that you own the internet and can order people off it..
    The American military created the internet actually, so only they would have that power.

OP, you might want to try again in a few months. Your argument was that there were a load of planes above your house. You have now learnt why.

I am a teacher and I'm going to ask some students tomorrow and Friday about this exact scenario. "If you see a load of planes over your house on a certain day, why might that be?" I'll do it from grade 12 down to grade 6 and see how old you have to be to get it right. If any of them observe and question and they somehow come up with chemtrails, I will make a personal recommendation to the principal that they be expelled, or at least be thrown out of science class.

My argument wasn't that there were a load of planes above my house if you read it correctly. Nobody was disagreeing with the fact that there were a lot of planes above my house.
    Oh sorry, you're a teacher? Actually that explains quite a lot then...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

If you live in Ireland you are under a recognized flight path

North-Atlantic-Flights.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

That is not a question but a baseless assumption .. correct ?

weisses wrote: »
    If you live in Ireland you are under a recognized flight path

North-Atlantic-Flights.jpg

If you read the post you would see that I addressed the flight path issue myself. You did read that part right? That part is done and dusted so you're only wasting time and space pulling up giant flight path maps

weisses wrote: »
    That is not a question but a baseless assumption .. correct ?

Did you note that the word chemtrails is enclosed with apostrophes?
    Did you read the relevant part of the post where I address that issue?

Do you think it's advisable to dump 10 million tons of aluminium into the atmosphere?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Do you think it's advisable to dump 10 million tons of aluminium into the atmosphere?
    Hi. Any chance you'll be addressing my question?
    If not could you explain why you are unable to address it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,765 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Out of morbid curiousity I finally watched the video this poster keeps mentioning. Only 3 or so minutes long

Straight off the bat, it's chopped up and edited, "spooky" music added, selective quotes, all the usual conspiracy claptrap

Secondly, the guy who is talking (despite the editing) makes sense. And adds straightforward disclaimers about everything.

It requires an extremely high level of paranoia and a extremely low level of critical thinking to go from this talk to mega global gargantuan conspiracy theory.

The source of the video is also a full-on loon who appears to think that every weather event is somehow "engineered" in some nefarious conspiracy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,393 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Look,
    What's the issue here.
    Are you saying that there is an intentional effort by folks unknown to us to dump 10 millions tons of alluminium into the atmosphere on a daily basis, of just that day you saw the trails?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

From the start of that video, the small piece of paper shows that this process was under discussion for dealing with the ozone layer, if this was the case, why would they spread it at such low latitudes as Ireland.
    10 millions tons of alluminium into the atmosphere on a daily basis
    thats an awe full lot of excessive baggage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Why is it nobody spotted any plane leaking the chemicals yet?
    I have a hard time believing commercial airliner firms are working secretly with a group to poison people?
    The conspiracy is the chemicals are giving people cancer and its attempt to reduce the population of the earth?
    It more believable to me scientists are thinking up new ways to stop climate change and this may involve spraying chemicals in the air, but i have not seen any proof this plan is in operation yet in any way. 

• Registered Users Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

When you burn 1L of kerosene, you get more than IL of water, due to the oxygen in the air being combined with the hydrogen in the kerosene. At the altitudes the planes fly at, the temperature is often -20° or below. Inject relatively hot water vapour into cold air and instant cloud.

Vapour trails are sometimes refereed to as con-trails - if you think there's anything going on here that isn't just the obvious, because some nut-jobs have a few screws loose - you have been conned.
    https://www.metabunk.org/how-much-water-is-there-in-jet-engine-exhaust-about-1-3-gallons-per-gallon-of-fuel-used.t4018/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,013 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

So I suppose they were at different altitudes right? Except to the naked eye they were at roughly the same altitude simply because the planes looked the same size? Not accurate I know but certainly an indication..

So for arguments sake let's just say they were all at a similar altitude, if so then why the huge difference in "comtrails" then?

small-far-away-3.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Just to clarify that post in case you didn't catch it...
    He's asked about the health implications of dumping 10 megatons of aluminium into the atmosphere..
    He doesn't balk at the idea, or even dispute the figures..
    10 megatons equals 10 million tons! of aluminium.

How much fuel would it take to lift 10 million tons up to the atmosphere?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

If you read the post you would see that I addressed the flight path issue myself. You did read that part right? That part is done and dusted so you're only wasting time and space pulling up giant flight path maps

You're wasting everyone's time with this nonsense. Ffs engage your brain.

Advertisement