Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigrant Caravan's WTF?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

mammajamma wrote: »
    There was some controversial book written way back (not a lot of info there!), and the basic concept was that ship after ship load of third world people just arrive on the shores of Britain (think it was Britain). There were so many, there was only the choice of mass murder, or just allowing them all in. So they let them all in and the country is just destroyed by the numbers.

Whatever that book is, this is like the test for it or something. I mean, if several hundred thousand people just turned up at the border with America, what could happen?

And whats to stop that from happening? Its just people walking!

Some dodge-minded people thought it was a great message to send out to the world, like merkle...it was a terrible idea. Like, perhaps one of the worst decisions of the century, even only 18 years into it.

Camp of saints. A right wing book.

Honestly if you told me that this caravan was secretly funded by the right or Russia I’d believe it.

Trump seems to understand that too. If thousands of people are outside a wall in one great group it will seem like an invasion, even though relative to yearly immigration it’s not huge.

The crowd at the wall will probably grow anyway by the time it gets there, with local Mexicans, activists, NGOs and others joining the protests. There could be 100,000 or more.

Rather than discredit the wall it would do the exact opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

mammajamma wrote: »
    There are going to be absolute ructions over this. Let them all in, you may as well declare that you don't have a country, and watch the united states just descend into mad-max style violence.

Don't let them in, they'll either start piling up at the border and/or it will cause an internal civil war (and maybe not just politically).

Mad stuff, ted.

I don't see any solution for this.
    Open borders for some, miniature American flags for others?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mammajamma

Camp of saints. A right wing book.

Honestly if you told me that this caravan was secretly funded by the right or Russia I’d believe it.

Trump seems to understand that too. If thousands of people are outside a wall in one great group it will seem like an invasion, even though relative to yearly immigration it’s not huge.

The crowd at the wall will probably grow anyway by the time it gets there, with local Mexicans, activists, NGOs and others joining the protests. There could be 100,000 or more.

Rather than discredit the wall it would do the exact opposite.

That's just it, its so ridiculous in origin, it would be normal to question it!

When I fist heard mention a few days ago, I honestly believed it was some kind of trump mega-exaggeration, maybe even a lie. The media! But you can see it actually marching along, unless they're all republican actors. Or are they Russians, I forget what I was told to believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

It’s supposed to be 40 days away from US border. Every piece I seen on this caravan has been totally anti US / anti Trump. No borders. Blow me.

Yes, it’s in south western mexico/ guatamalen border area

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

This reminds me a lot of the invasion of the Americas by Europeans

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Well they get stopped at the boarder . sorry folks your no coming in without the right papers and we have no idea who or what you are .

camp set up on in one of the most lawless places in the world containing a large percentage of desperate and helpless people

lefty's and bleeding hearts scream bloody murder . criminals and people traffickers run amok in the camp

eventually there's an attempt to storm the wall and there's bloodshed , lots and lots of bloodshed.

the left's try and get trump impeached again the right wing nut jobs hail him as a savior of nation.

it all fades away sort of like the occupy movement because it does not effect the people who matter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Trump considering sending 15000 troops to the Border. Should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

US troops will consider those throwing rocks to be the same as those with guns......

Wtf, have they been getting protest control lessons from the Israeli's?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Trump considering sending 15000 troops to the Border. Should be interesting.

Imagine sending your army to defend your countries border

The man has gone completely insane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

US troops will consider those throwing rocks to be the same as those with guns......

4000 refugees throwing rocks at you would make you soil your pants...

• Advertisement

Pkiernan wrote: »
    4000 refugees throwing rocks at you would make you soil your pants...

Nowhere near that number would be throwing rocks. It's like the paratroopers up North shooting protesters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Hanging around likudniks is never going to produce anything other than thuggery on a state level.

If 15000 march together, across different countries, that could appear to be an invasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Sending troops was a smart idea, PR wise anyway, or else vigilantes with guns would be there instead.

Bought time anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭green shoots

It's sad really. I mean it's easy for us to say omg they can't just expect to walk in there, but if you or I were from sh*thole like Honduras, chances are you'd be in the caravan too.
    Here in Europe we can expect an endless growing flow of Africans to start flooding Europe, especially with climate change and droughts and crop failures etc. I really expect to see machine guns slaughtering hoardes trying to enter the US/Europe, before I die. The world is bursting at the seams and resources are going to become more scarce.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Sending troops was a smart idea, PR wise anyway, or else vigilantes with guns would be there instead.

Bought time anyway!

Could be a massacre if those militia nuts decided to get involved. At least the army will keep them at bay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Fann Linn wrote: »
    If 15000 march together, across different countries, that could appear to be an invasion.

Calling 15000 people trying to get into a country with a population of over 300 million an 'invasion' is like calling a mosquito in your room an assassination attempt...

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Jesus Flaky Subway

Imagine sending your army to defend your countries border

Who should they send instead?

School teachers, refrigerator installers or maybe hairdressers - all who would have no knowledge nor experience of estabilishing a perimeter, or the border security of a sovereign nation...

wexie wrote: »
    Calling 15000 people trying to get into a country with a population of over 300 million an 'invasion' is like calling a mosquito in your room an assassination attempt...

:rolleyes:

Recon.

Who should they send instead?

School teachers, refrigerator installers or maybe hairdressers - all who would have no knowledge nor experience of estabilishing a perimeter, or the border security of a sovereign nation...

I think it was tongue in cheek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Could be a massacre if those militia nuts decided to get involved. At least the army will keep them at bay.

I imagine they would be under the control/command of border patrol who would be a lot more experienced at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Its the same principle as many birds and animals adopt . Gather in large groups and when the predator arrives move in a unified group and hope its not you he grabs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Saw some of them being interviewed the other day. Some are bringing their kids including babies. given the recent stuff with people being detained and separated from their children at the border, I don't know why they want to come. I'm a legal immigrant to the US and I worry about that. Not worth the risk imo.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Its the same principle as many birds and animals adopt . Gather in large groups and when the predator arrives move in a unified group and hope its not you he grabs

That would be grand if Trump was heading for them These are going the other way.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Saw some of them being interviewed the other day. Some are bringing their kids including babies. given the recent stuff with people being detained and separated from their children at the border, I don't know why they want to come. I'm a legal immigrant to the US and I worry about that. Not worth the risk imo.

Because they're desperate and destitute and probably have an idea that the USA will offer them a good life if they can just make it over the border. I've been in Central America and the poverty I witnessed was overwhelming at times. People are always going to try and escape that one way or another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Jesus Flaky Subway

On the plus side he could employ on a temp visa them to build the wall.
    As long as they can be trained, an extra 30,000 pairs of hands showing up at the border might be a recruiters dream.

Fed, watered and paid in u$d, keeping track of them could be tricky however.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Trump doesn’t even need to send troops to the border. Some of his nutjob followers armed to the teeth will prob head there to pick a few off. Itl’ll be open season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Nowhere near that number would be throwing rocks. It's like the paratroopers up North shooting protesters.

In 2018, people don't even need for anything to have happened to get their outrage cranked up to 11...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Migrants??

CARAVAN??!!!

Someone call Peter Casey...

• Advertisement

would you seek asylum there if you could keep going to the US?

Advertisement