Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Introducing the Current Affairs/IMHO forum

Options
1737475767779»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

nullzero wrote: »
    You arrived in here posting like a madman making accusations you cannot back up whilst demanding evidence.

Sounds like you’re taking about yourself. You’ve been asked to back up you own false statements and you just don’t bother. You just keep deflecting.

You’re getting awfully worked up!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,355 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Effects wrote: »
    Sounds like you’re taking about yourself. You’ve been asked to back up you own false statements and you just don’t bother. You just keep deflecting.

Let me guess, your dad would batter my dad as well?

Glazers Out!

Jesus Christ. Never mind the George thread being shut down, this should be closed due to absolute bull**** being spouted and personal arguments.

A great example of why threads actually get shut down. Same people constantly derailing and repeating themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Jesus Christ. Never mind the George thread being shut down, this should be closed due to absolute bull**** being spouted and personal arguments.

A great example of why threads actually get shut down. Same people constantly derailing and repeating themselves.

Or the perfect example of where posters should be removed from a thread and not let the few ruin it for everyone else who are contributing positively.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Acosta

The George Nkencho thread was a **** show right from the start. Before his body was even cold people were on that thread spreading false information. A lot of new profiles were popping up to help spread these lies and there was a lot of racism. Thankfully pretty much all the racist posts were removed by the mods.
    But for weeks you still had many posts basically revelling in the death of a guy. It was very disturbing IMO.

At this stage from what I saw of that thread before it was closed, after thousands of posts, it was basically just an extension of the multiculturalism thread and not much of the incident itself was being discussed.

I am surprised by a lot of what is allowed to play out on the CA forum given how heavily moderated Boards is in general, but in the end I guess It's up to the people who run this forum to decide what they want to leave up and how they want to manage it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Overheal wrote: »
    I think it’s very clear what I’m inferring. Winking and nudging within the rules can still lead to violent ends IRL. That is one among the reasons the site runs with volunteer moderation and not bot-o-matic moderation.
    How do we stop this 'within the rules' posting before it goes too far? .....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I don't expect people who deny racism to see racism when it slaps them in the face.

The biggest issue is people are using the term racism to shut down discussions ,
    Is someone asking about why there has been no mention of sex trafficking gangs from Nigeria operating here in Ireland racist ,
    At best you could claim generalisation but not racism ,

We have a full legal definition of racism and racists ,yet any discussion is labelled racism when it comes to economic migrant's claiming asylum or various different criminal gangs based on LA and London street gangs ( no discription other than that) allowed.
    Is discussing bogus asylum seekers racist ?

It seems to me that it's a small cohort of people banding the word racist to cover a thousand different topics that doesn't actually involve anything racist

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Absolutely I am accusing you of getting worked up.
    Effects wrote: »

This is the standard of posting in a feedback thread? Really? My god.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Acosta wrote: »
    But for weeks you still had many posts basically revelling in the death of a guy. It was very disturbing IMO.

Bs nobody was reveling in his death ,

Another of the issues is people claiming posts are there which don't exist ,
    But oh thank god the mods removed all theses posts before anyone seen them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Beasty is going to have an aneurysm when he sees this thread:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Gatling wrote: »
    It seems to me that it's a small cohort of people banding the word racist to cover a thousand different topics that doesn't actually involve anything racist

The idea that you would have a problem about people using words like 'racism' inaccurately or too casually is fairly laughable considering you posted this just yesterday aftter the closure of the Nchenko thread:

Nazis win again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Bs nobody was reveling in his death

The thread was made up of a huge amount of people revealing in his death.
    Saying they were glad he was dead, he got what he deserved etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

is this thread to discuss the forum or to get the last word?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This thread has long stopped being about feedback. Enough is enough.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement