Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

McAuliffe Trucking Co

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

This must be a record for most replies to a thread within 24 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

The original "Oh, Jesus Christ" vid went from 300 views to over 9,000 in the last 12 hours or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

i was in school with a Garda living in Tralee. Must find out where he's stationed, and how much fun they are having with this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

http://www.mcauliffetrucking.com/wedding.html

She has an awful habit of illegally hanging out the windows of car's !

Just looking at those pics of the (admittedly impressive) Kenworth rig and i don't think those are Irish Reg numbers??

Can anyone make them out? Is that another wrist slap for our friends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

http://www.mcauliffetrucking.com/wedding.html

She has an awful habit of illegally hanging out the windows of car's !

They actually just need to be told that they are a bloody hauling company not a hollywood stunt team or rock stars, or what ever it is they think they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

All tweets from Truly Irish yesterday promising an investigation have been deleted.

https://twitter.com/trulyirishcf

Really pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

gatecrash wrote: »
    Just looking at those pics of the (admittedly impressive) Kenworth rig and i don't think those are Irish Reg numbers??

05-56-CWF On an Italian plate by the looks of it

colm_mcm wrote: »

Didn't know the nationality of it. Wonder if the gardai who were giving Mikko Mallikas such a hard time over the last few months would be interested in it?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

From a photographic perspective, having two trucks on the bridge & one underneath, made perfect sense.
    Three trucks on the bridge wouldn't make any sense, so I'd be surprised if that was ever the intended configuration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Bianca Flat Azure

I'm running out of popcorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

City-Exile wrote: »
    From a photographic perspective, having two trucks on the bridge & one underneath, made perfect sense.
    Three trucks on the bridge wouldn't make any sense, so I'd be surprised if that was ever the intended configuration.

That or perhaps a 4th truck going in the overtaking lane and perhaps stopping also or else driving through :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

colm_mcm wrote: »

Aye. It has KY reg in the video with the trailer, where he's reversing down the hard shoulder. They probably bought it for the wedding and just didn't manage to sort the registration before that.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    Aye. It has KY reg in the video with the trailer, where he's reversing down the hard shoulder. They probably bought it for the wedding of somebody in Italy and just didn't manage to sort the registration before that.

/M

Ok. Well i suppose at least we should be grateful they did THAT bit right! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Why does it have an Italian plate if it was imported from U.S. to Holland:confused:

vicwatson wrote: »
    Why does it have an Italian plate if it was imported from U.S. to Holland:confused:

The registration format actually also could be dutch.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Lads - could I ask question?

What would be the gross unladen weight of that Kenworth for tax purposes. According to the Dept. An articulated vehicle (i.e. vehicle and semi-trailer) is regarded as a single vehicle and motor tax is payable on the basis of the unladen weight of the tractor unit plus the unladen weight of the heaviest semi-trailer which will be used at any time during the period of the licence.

As it's a big lump of a truck, I'd guess that you'd be looking at 15 tonnes? More?

Reason I ask is that @ 15 tonnes, the annual rate of duty would be around €3.5K. However, running the reg through cartell shows that the Kenworth has been registered as a "model = motorcaravan" (probably on the basis of the living quarters at the back) which costs €95 per year.

Maybe cartell is wrong. Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

i was in school with a Garda living in Tralee. Must find out where he's stationed, and how much fun they are having with this!!
    I always thought Guards were getting younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Lads - could I ask question?

What would be the gross unladen weight of that Kenworth for tax purposes. According to the Dept. An articulated vehicle (i.e. vehicle and semi-trailer) is regarded as a single vehicle and motor tax is payable on the basis of the unladen weight of the tractor unit plus the unladen weight of the heaviest semi-trailer which will be used at any time during the period of the licence.

As it's a big lump of a truck, I'd guess that you'd be looking at 15 tonnes? More?

Reason I ask is that @ 15 tonnes, the annual rate of duty would be around €3.5K. However, running the reg through cartell shows that the Kenworth has been registered as a "model = motorcaravan" (probably on the basis of the living quarters at the back) which costs €95 per year.

The plot thickens. Are motor caravans allowed tow articulated lorry trailers?

• Advertisement

Still playing the "outside haulier" card. It literally beggars belief.

Screenshot_2012-10-18-11-38-18.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

*Exhales*

*Slow clap*

Wow. Off to sleep now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

BX 19 wrote: »
    The plot thickens. Are motor caravans allowed tow articulated lorry trailers?

There's a good few American trucks in the country - you do see them at shows and that. AFAIK any truck registered as a 'motor caravan' has to have the 5th wheel removed. Also they can be driven legally on a car license. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

At what point does highlighting dangerous behaviour and poor crisis management become a witch hunt? I think at this stage the company has been seriously exposed, both in terms of its behavior on the roads, hopeless PR and misguided attempt to cover it all up. I believe ignorance, not malice as at the heart of this.

Hopefully they will learn from all this, if the guards take an interest well and good. I don't want to see Truly Irish, an Irish company that seems to be doing quite well in difficult times, dragged down by the idiotic behaviour of its associated haulage firm and its own misguided PR.

Boardsies have done a great job here bringing all this to light, but I think enough is enough.

Cartell is probably right. That Kenworth's turning circle would be useless on irish roads, so it can be used as a regular truck really.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 10,434 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Hopefully they will learn from all this
    So far, what has suggested to you that they will learn from this?
    • Was it when they called everyone criticising them "begrudgers"?
    • Was it when they suggested it was all ok because it was for charity?
    • Was it when they tried to shift all the blame for the accident to the other car drivers?
    • Was it when they released a statement full of holes, contradictions and inconsistencies, none of which they addressed?
    • Was it when they came on here pretending to be an "interested party", instead of a member of the company?
    • Was it when they tried to hide the relationship between the two companies?

So far they have not displayed one iota of remorse, acceptance of responsibility or humility. Instead they've done everything they can to cover it up. If they released a statement with an unreserved apology, and did everything they could to rectify the situation and practices within the company, the story would already be dead. They are the ones who are making a bad situation worse

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using post-migration Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and a dark mode setting)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    There's a good few American trucks in the country - you do see them at shows and that. AFAIK any truck registered as a 'motor caravan' has to have the 5th wheel removed. Also they can be driven legally on a car license. ;)

Problem is that the "reversing" video shows the truck pulling a Pezzaioli trailer - if the fifth wheel is already removed, I hope they've tied it on good and tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

At what point does highlighting dangerous behaviour and poor crisis management become a witch hunt? I think at this stage the company has been seriously exposed, both in terms of its behavior on the roads, hopeless PR and misguided attempt to cover it all up. I believe ignorance, not malice as at the heart of this.

Hopefully they will learn from all this, if the guards take an interest well and good. I don't want to see Truly Irish, an Irish company that seems to be doing quite well in difficult times, dragged down by the idiotic behaviour of its associated haulage firm and its own misguided PR.

Boardsies have done a great job here bringing all this to light, but I think enough is enough.

It's situations like this where boards is a phenomenal tool, and can provide a great public service at bringing to light inappropriate practices. I do agree with you. However, I do think we've reached the point where enough is enough.

But then again, I do have a funny feeling that absolutely nothing is going to be learned from all of this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

28064212 wrote: »
    • Was it when they tried to shift all the blame for the accident to the other car drivers?
    • Was it when they released a statement full of holes, contradictions and inconsistencies, none of which they addressed?
    • Was it when they came on here pretending to be an "interested party", instead of a member of the company?

So far they have not displayed one iota of remorse, acceptance of responsibility or humility. Instead they've done everything they can to cover it up. If they released a statement with an unreserved apology, and did everything they could to rectify the situation and practices within the company, the story would already be dead. They are the ones who are making a bad situation worse

I agree, hence I said 'hopefully'. I think they have been thoroughly schooled in the power on the internet and have been exposed at every turn at being utterly incompetent and devious in all aspects of their PR. They have dug such a deep hole for themselves that I can't see how they can climb out in a credible way here.

Yet, I suspect they will give serious thought to carrying out any more of these stupid stunts, the commercial stakes are too high for them not too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

28064212 wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi_TMTxhUKk&feature=player_embedded

There's Mike !

go to 34''

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement