Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrap Yards

• 12-04-2007 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any scrap yards (cars) in the Limerick/Tipp/Clare region.

Am looking for a wing mirror, which according to the dealership, I would need to small loan to pay off! Ridiculous.

Was going to try a scrap yard but dont know any!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭sioda

Dont know any scrap yards but have had to buy new mirrors lately and got them for a steal from ebay

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Bob Sweeny's place is huge.

Bob Sweeney,TA Auto Towing Coolready, Castleconnell, Co. Limerick,
    Contact Details Tel: 061-377496, 087-2564408, Fax: 061-377373, e-mail:

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

MarkR wrote:
    Bob Sweeny's place is huge.

Bob Sweeney,TA Auto Towing Coolready, Castleconnell, Co. Limerick,
    Contact Details Tel: 061-377496, 087-2564408, Fax: 061-377373, e-mail:

They have a lot of stuff there but they know how to charge too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

There's the place opposite Tom Kilroy's on the Partickswell road, Fentons???

Ya, I damaged the mother's mirror recently and the whole guts of the door had to come off to replace it!! €200 (including wiring/fitting)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

sioda wrote:
    Dont know any scrap yards but have had to buy new mirrors lately and got them for a steal from ebay

try this .....http://motors.search.ebay.ie/wing-mirror_Exterior-Styling_W0QQfrisZ2QQfromZR10QQsacatZ43116

pick a seller with lots of sales and good feedback and you can't go far wrong .... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

there is a place in ballysheedy ,auto breakers.....they are open on saturdays to 12.30 , quite reasonable....
    he has new stock every few days....

phone 061 314678 and 061 311858

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Go out to Bob Sweeney or Auto Breakers.
    I was in both of them in the last 2 weeks getting parts for my own and a friends car.
    Not too dear and most cosmetic stuff can be fitted by the average joe anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

ninty9er wrote:
    There's the place opposite Tom Kilroy's on the Partickswell road, Fentons???

Ya, I damaged the mother's mirror recently and the whole guts of the door had to come off to replace it!! €200 (including wiring/fitting)

They're closed down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

if its only mirror glass your local glazier will fix you up for a fiver, did you try paul long in ballyneety just above the 4 elms

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭Raiser

John2002 wrote:
    They have a lot of stuff there but they know how to charge too.

Bob Sweeney sells auld bits off cars at prices that would suggest he hand-crafted them himself over a period of years working away night after night - he basically prices these things in such a manner as many folks laugh and walk away empty handed rather than shell out [me included + eye-witness here] :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

well i can't comment on bob sweeney for prices but i found autobreakers very good..

i got a rim and fairly new tyre for a vw sharan , a cd player and radio set from a 06 sharan , the thingy to hold up the spare tyre for sharan and a lens for the rear lights all for 100euro....:)

i was happy with that!!

mind you the rim didn't fit my 02 sharan as i found out on the side of the road one day when i got a puncture......rang himself and then gave up and rang the AA......

Advertisement