Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spirit Radio - Ireland's Latest Radio Station

• 05-03-2009 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Its will be great to hear the new Christian radio station later this year.

Hopefully, it will be a success. :):):)

http://www.spiritradio.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Good God, that's all we need, another religious station! We already have Life FM in Cork which has roughly zero listeners.

UCB was bad enough

I pray to God this doesn't go ahead and take up more valuable FM frequencies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Pamela111 wrote: »
    Its will be great to hear the new Christian radio station later this year.
    Big Tone wrote: »

I pray to God this doesn't go ahead

You're kinda betting against the dealer there, Tone...

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

You're kinda betting against the dealer there, Tone...

I'm glad to see the irony isn't wasted on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 fm 1

Life FM in cork can be good at times makes a change from all the bang bang music on other station in cork as for zero Listeners your wrong there more and more are doing so every day

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

There is some guy on Nearfm (I've caught him in the morning) that rambles on about the bible. His diction's not great and he loses his way occassionally but it's very entertaining. He takes quotes from the good book and then lays a very strict interpretation over it. It's a little bonkers, and a little hard to listen too but it can be very interesting.

• Advertisement

humberklog wrote: »
    There is some guy on Nearfm (I've caught him in the morning) that rambles on about the bible. His diction's not great and he loses his way occassionally but it's very entertaining. He takes quotes from the good book and then lays a very strict interpretation over it. It's a little bonkers, and a little hard to listen too but it can be very interesting.
    as i said life FM can be good at times and can drive you nut's other times but there OK who is the guy on near FM ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

fm 1 wrote: »
    as i said life FM can be good at times and can drive you nut's other times but there OK who is the guy on near FM ?
    I don't know. I'm pretty sure it was Nearfm. It was tuned in around 90.3 and I just took it for granted that it was them. I was waiting for their French morning show and twiddling about in the car. Their not great at getting names/identity over in that station.

humberklog wrote: »
    I don't know. I'm pretty sure it was Nearfm. It was tuned in around 90.3 and I just took it for granted that it was them. I was waiting for their French morning show and twiddling about in the car. Their not great at getting names/identity over in that station.
    It's must have been 93.1 that's what life FM are on and they do that stuff as well that's what drive me nut's but they have good shows to but they do the god stuff to much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

In fairness to Life FM it plays some good music!

I came across it before and it was playing Pearl Jam! That bastion of liberal, abortion-supporting, religion-bashing rock n roll :D

must say never new they played that ? must listen again soon do they still play all the god music

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

If it's a station for Ireland, how come the promo announcers sound either (a) foreign or (b) wannabe foreign / Aussie ?

I've no problem with foreign people working here, but (as would be the case with ANY presenters, and DEFINITELY with promo announcers) diction and clarity is ESSENTIAL.

It sounds like they're saying "Island", and someone should tell them that there's a "T" at the end of the station name, and that "society" is spelt with with a "T", not a "D".

Other than that, good luck to them; there are plenty of stations that I wouldn't listen to doing other stuff, and if they can make a go of it then fair play....

when is spirit coming on air ? and will they get presenters from life FM 93.1 CORK as they know all about Christian radio well the good ones they have about three who could work on any radio station

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Just stumbled across this today, how long has this been on air?

Advertisement