Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone else worried about the sexualisation of black bodies?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

A lot of joking in this thread (lighthearted objectification of black bodies, booties & wangs) but I bet there would be less laughing if it was sexualisation of your own kind. Food for thought.

72586106.jpg

I think this is a case by case situation. Linford Christie didn't mind.
    There was a song this black fella had out about big arses. 'I like big arses' I think it was called.
    When they get around to worrying about paddy liking a drink, being stupid and so on wake me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Thought this was going to be thread about sexy physics. :(

black body
    (noun)
    a hypothetical perfect absorber and radiator of energy, with no reflecting power.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Don’t mess with my toot toot!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

This piece of sex in a box...

1200px-Wang2200.png
    That's why Eve of Garden of Eden fame should be the patron saint of programmers; she had an Apple in one hand and a Wang in the other.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The one that gets me is 'dong'. Dong is clearly not a term meant to sexualise black men, the fact that black men are much more likely to have a dong is down to dong being a a classification that is based on size. Black men having dongs is objective fact based on observation, some white men such as myself also have dongs, but the association of dongs with blackness is merely a general trend and not in any way racially based. It's PC gone mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Anybody else worried about the sexualisation of black bodies in the media? Booties? Wangs? etc? It's only a matter of time before they do the same to us.

If some fucker manages to "sexualise" my body, I'll award them a cash prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭Odhinn

This piece of sex in a box...

1200px-Wang2200.png

Christ I'm old.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

WANG used to have 33,000 employees. They even had a new customer focused strategy with a new slogan

Wang-Cares-Logo.jpg

Advertisement