Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Ultimate Football Club Crest Tournament: Europe vs Rest of the World.

• 21-06-2020 7:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

Hello again! Our next Ultimate Tournament is set to open soon. To celebrate football leagues starting back around the world I’ve decided to mark that with The Ultimate Football Club Crest Tournament: Europe vs Rest of the World.

Each opening round will feature a European team vs a non European team. From there on after, it’ll be an open draw to see which club crest you think is aesthetically the best. Forget about any actual footballing ability or tribalism. You don’t even have to like sports to take part in this to be honest!

So with that said, I’m gonna need your nominations. Listen up in case this gets tricky! You may select up to 7 European club teams and up to 7 non European club teams for your nominations. You may only choose one crest per country and the team must play in a pro or semi-pro division, in other words, your local 5 a side or Sunday pub team won’t count. Feel free to do a bit of research

All nominations must be submitted via PM to myself.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Omackeral wrote: »
    Hello again! Our next Ultimate Tournament is set to open soon. To celebrate football leagues starting back around the world I’ve decided to mark that with The Ultimate Football Club Crest Tournament: Europe vs Rest of the World.

Each opening round will feature a European team vs a non European team. From there on after, it’ll be an open draw to see which club crest you think is aesthetically the best. Forget about any actual footballing ability or tribalism. You don’t even have to like sports to take part in this to be honest!

So with that said, I’m gonna need your nominations. Listen up in case this gets tricky! You may select up to 7 European club teams and up to 7 non European club teams for your nominations. You may only choose one crest per country and the team must play in a pro or semi-pro division, in other words, your local 5 a side or Sunday pub team won’t count. Feel free to do a bit of research

This is me! So, I don't know enough to nominate any but look forward to the knockout stages where I can judge by the pretty colours and shapes presented. :) Whatever will be the next Marshall Isalnds or Nunavut of the soccer world?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Did some research for the ROW crests. All ill say is that if a graphic designer can get to Argentina there is money to be made there. All their crests are boooooring

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

quickbeam wrote: »
    This is me! So, I don't know enough to nominate any but look forward to the knockout stages where I can judge by the pretty colours and shapes presented. :) Whatever will be the next Marshall Isalnds or Nunavut of the soccer world?

Maybe have a look here for a starting point. Don’t be shy!

Best... and worst football crests

Some MLS clubs from the USA to consider for Rest of World

55c63b942f3022d12e08744430c9ccc6.jpg

A variety of Spanish ones

ae2540f2baabdd6d24f2db962258b790.jpg

Past Champions of Europe

7c841e2dd7da2a8393db4e3f95d78ea4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Does it have to be their current crest or can it be any crest the team used ?

• Advertisement

Current crests please

Some Russian ones to consider

EN

A variety of European teams

EN

A handful from China

EN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Gonna enter my random jersey i bought last year, great idea for a tournament by the way

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Some MLS clubs from the USA to consider for Rest of World

55c63b942f3022d12e08744430c9ccc6.jpg

That Columbus Crew crest is shockingly bad. It's nearly as bad as the crest that Leeds tried to introduce for the club's centenary season last year. There was such an uproar from the fans that it was scrapped.

image.jpg?&width=640

The nominations are flying in. We’ve nearly 100 different clubs already. Some cheeky people are nominating more than 1 club from the same country. If you’ve done this, there’s a chance some of your choices could be cut! Still though, great response. Every corner of the world is represented! Keep the noms coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Still though, great response. Every corner of the world is represented!

Good to see Eastern Ice Shelf Artic Rovers getting a mention, they've had a tough run lately :pac:

Only 10 spots remaining on the Europe side of the draw.

Nominations closed! We have 128 clubs ready to do battle!

Ah crap, I was going to do mine this evening, I found a couple of great ones earlier. Oh well...

Zaph wrote: »
    Ah crap, I was going to do mine this evening, I found a couple of great ones earlier. Oh well...

PM me if you can think of any off hand, I can make some adjustments.

Not at all, you have the ideal number now, but thanks anyway. Looking forward to taking part though.

I filled in about a dozen blanks myself for both ''confederations'' to bump up the numbers so honestly feel free if you want mate. Tournament brackets aren't even started yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

All credit to Omackeral at the end of the day..

I filled in about a dozen blanks myself for both ''confederations'' to bump up the numbers so honestly feel free if you want mate. Tournament brackets aren't even started yet.

Cheers, I'll have to you in the next 20 minutes or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Zaph wrote: »
    That Columbus Crew crest is shockingly bad. It's nearly as bad as the crest that Leeds tried to introduce for the club's centenary season last year. There was such an uproar from the fans that it was scrapped.

image.jpg?&width=640

Thats the old Crew Crest, they have a much more mundane yellow and back circle now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I've only seen this crest now - but surely it would have been a strong contender?

Sirens FC from Malta. They make their European debut next month.

SirensFCLogo.png

Advertisement