Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keeping cream firm

• 12-05-2012 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got any tips on how to keep whipped cream firm? Every time I make a trifle I put stiffly whipped cream on top of the already chilled trifle and put it straight back into the fridge but the cream goes soft and almost runny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Are you sure it's cream fit for whipping?
    Double whipping cream should stay firm.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

use double cream and whip it until its stiff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Yes but how to keep it firm AFTER whipping is what I need to do..Can I add anything to it, I was thinking cornflour?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

If it's a double cream that has been whipped to stiffness, it should stand. Whip to just before it turns to butter. A light whipping will collapse. Also, the higher the fat content the stiffer you can make it, so try to use double cream.

The cream they sell prewhipped in store contains gelatine if that's any use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭sdp

double cream will keep firm after whipping, and hold its shape well, but as above whip it stiff, its fresh single cream that can start weeping if not whipped enough, and won't hold its shape if it sits on anything soft or wet.is your custard thick enough?

• Advertisement
Advertisement