Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gremlinertia's Grotto

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Good stuff, a complete day of nothing is badly needed i'd say, enjoy every minute :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Not only wasted Saturn Day, but now Sunny Day. Moon Day will be busy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Not wasted, rested :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Lovely weather outside, but avoiding contact with folks that may have COVID-19 and don't wear masks. We still have protesters about our beaches slobbering without masks SHOUTING about wanting full access. Many of these fools also have Trump T-shirts, caps, and signs.

I don't know how you haven't gone off the deep end Swannie

• Advertisement

Swannie would rather swim with hungry Pacific great whites than in a pool of anti-mask protesting fools.

*sends large vat of super java beans to Swannie*

*sends large vat of super java beans to Swannie*

Grem to the rescue! I will need that java Moon Day to get myself jump-started for a busy week. Our nearby and campus javahouses have been closed for weeks, but for takeout. Not sure the lobbies will ever open again, especially if we get another plague wave autumn.

Black Swan wrote: »
    Grem to the rescue! I will need that java Moon Day to get myself jump-started for a busy week. Our nearby and campus javahouses have been closed for weeks, but for takeout. Not sure the lobbies will ever open again, especially if we get another plague wave autumn.

There's the problem, the surge kind of event as restrictions ease.. I think some people will be imposing their own restrictions for a while to observe how things go..

My nurse neighbor has somehow avoided infection, and it may be due to her extra precautions during and after work. We avoid each other too, with friendly waves from afar.

• Advertisement

My nurse neighbor has somehow avoided infection, and it may be due to her extra precautions during and after work. We avoid each other too, with friendly waves from afar.

Well done her, not at all easy with all the relentlessly wilful folk about. Hope you can continue to mind yourself girl..

Most of our 30,000 students are gone from campus, housing, and surrounding apartments. Food courts are closed. All classes are being taught online for both spring and summer quarters. The fall quarter may be online too, although admin will probably not decide until mid-July. Difficult to teach labs online, if at all. Our university town certre is a ghost town. I teach online from home, but must go to lab on campus and broadcast those materials.

Well, if hell is other people you sound like you've got a sparsely populated island there

Well, if hell is other people you sound like you've got a sparsely populated island there

We call it "The Bubble." :rolleyes:

The only place i don't really keep people mat a proper distance is the pub and since they are closed i'm pretty much still in my own resting bitch face bubble :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The only place i don't really keep people mat a proper distance is the pub and since they are closed i'm pretty much still in my own resting bitch face bubble :pac:

What is this mythical pub you speak of? :pac:

Ah pubs, remember them before the dark times came :(

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    What is this mythical pub you speak of? :pac:

Ah pubs, remember them before the dark times came :(

Oh let me count the names... Mainly because counting the pints would be impossible :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Oh let me count the names... Mainly because counting the pints would be impossible :pac:

Hmm pints and a packet of peanuts, and a fry the morning after, and we go back at it again :pac:
    Not knocking it, but pints/cans at home over video chat with friends just doesn't have the same vibe to it.

It'll be worth the short term pain, when we can have the long term fun again.

I'd say Galway's an absolute ghost city these days.

I miss guinness and pure rubbish talk, also randomly meeting people i know.. Never been a home drinker, few cans with the missus now is grand

Ahhhhhhhhhhh... it's Taco Tuesday... in Eire (if you make your own at home). Miss that fast junk food. Three for a buck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Happy Friday, Nocts! :D

If you can read this, you're too close!

Enjoy Fries Day Del.

always;) :D

Happy Fries day, Swannie :D

Happy Friday, Nocts! :D

Whooooooose, away went the weekend!

noooo, come back weekend >.< :P

Across the pond Monday was off. Folks flocked to the beach without masks and bunching together insuring that COVID would continue to spread.

Across the pond Monday was off. Folks flocked to the beach without masks and bunching together insuring that COVID would continue to spread.

yeah, saw some footage on the twitter stream. very frustrating to see at this point in the pandemic (I'm assuming this ain't going to be over this side of xmas!)

It does amaze me how so many people just ditched the guidelines :(

• Advertisement

It does amaze me how so many people just ditched the guidelines :(
    Well, our anti-masker-in-chief refuses to wear a mask, even when inspecting N-95s at an Arizona Honeywell mask factory. Monkey see, monkey do for his followers.

Advertisement