Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Inspiration! pics & vids

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

From the back of Mary Mattern's book....

45cSQtE.jpg

Pretty inspiring lady :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

1891037_594103650684095_251876779_n.jpg

10382311_665008913593568_2952873748187536815_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Elephant cries after being released from 50 years of cruelty
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/07/raju-elephant-cries-rescue_n_5564543.html

Interesting audience reaction in this one, they're speechless, they can't even bring themselves to applaud the speaker

Elephant cries after being released from 50 years of cruelty
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/07/raju-elephant-cries-rescue_n_5564543.html

This article has actually pissed me off so much, the amount of people sharing it on facebook etc. "How could anybody do such a thing to an animal!" would put a rolleyes emoticon in but it upsets me too much :(:p

10348283_825956380748125_7806175665645423934_n.jpg

fewtins wrote: »
    This article has actually pissed me off so much, the amount of people sharing it on facebook etc. "How could anybody do such a thing to an animal!" would put a rolleyes emoticon in but it upsets me too much :(:p

Ye I came across that story too, but it's just one elephant after all, and even if I do like to read happy stories about individual animals that were rescued, I don't like when cruelty stories focus on one animal and especially ones we don't eat. And the same people that will go omg that poor elephant, won't think twice about elephant rides/camel rides etc while on holidays. The trouble with stories like this, they always make it sound like an isolated thing, they're not even using one elephant as an example to get a bigger message across. Most news stories I've read on it just finish up like...and then Raju lived happily ever after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

It's the same idiots who'll tell us on fb about their outrage at dog or cat cruelty one day then post pics of their dead animal BBQ the next, it annoys the crap out of me.

Like that scumbag pissing on the cat a while ago, everyone was ready to behead him for his cruelty. Yeah, take a look at your plate before you start that.

Rant over.

I've never really needed to look stuff up for inspiration since going vegan but I was looking through my favourites on youtube recently and watched this video again, everything on her channel is great btw.
    'And with that I'll go onto the ultimate morality test in my opinion, where you don't need to shift anything around to work out how you genuinely feel. The thing is we know what's right and wrong and if you imagine at the end of your life, you're in a boardroom and Alan Sugar, Donald Trump or, I dunno. God. Tells you, "I played a trick on you, I made you think you were in a world full of other human beings, when actually these were just characters in a kind of virtual reality and I did this to test the strength of your morality because I gave you a very strong sense of right and wrong and I wanted to see, whether you would bother putting that into practice within an environment where you believed other people didn't, and you had every opportunity to go with the minority, who did the right thing, but you chose for convenience to go with the majority, just for convenience when you knew deep down what you were doing was wrong.'

might be a stretch to call this "inspiration" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

this really drives home the benefits of a vegan lifestyle

10530753_10152803709808814_3784028503300508271_n.jpg

1012354_10203898431635741_1371577441549624287_n.jpg?oh=4cc7b8b809cc623a9a73edf9a2b68a7c&oe=54C776EF&__gda__=1422556805_caa02140c4e7cae3ef8adb61d6fa8d3b

10370451_10152488948293952_2714768818323454978_n.jpg?oh=afced85f246e144c76b52a182d55c47e&oe=54BEF5D8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Frank Medrano is currently blowing my mind with his crazy strength! Check out this video below, he's really into calisthenics :) Vegan power!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFPsvF3UOdo

10672213_10152691828891329_90646069165693462_n.jpg?oh=d308f7048db64094d630069047c7e50c&oe=54C462A5

:pac:

onYMfED.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

MlDEcIi.jpg

aw, I'd love to hug a chicken

Sculptures by artist Cao Hui

vFvBPBO.jpg

Esther the pig and her "dads" move into the new sanctuary today, recently they're putting up more videos on their fb page which really exemplify the intelligence and emotion of the animal, you can see her coming when called by name, you can see she's aware and anxious of the move, there was a really cute video of her hopping into bed and snuggling up with her dads. I can't wait to see all the updates about the move, following it like a sap :o

But for now I was just looking back over "the dark side" part of their site, some of the videos are already up here, here's one more....

I've been looking at videos of them packing up and stuff, esther is the best. Must have a look at this vid now. :D
    She's so great in teh way so many people are actually taking note that pigs are intelligent and have personalities.

They had this nice post for world vegan day ......

I need your attention for a minute. We want you to consider Esther, this beautiful animal that hundreds of thousands of us from around the world have fallen in love with, and we want to you to remember where she came from.Today is "World Vegan Day" and we would like to ask you all, vegan or not, to take a few minutes and think about the choices we make on a daily basis. This hilarious, sensitive and loving baby that at 650lbs is standing beside me right now wanting attention and to nuzzle my hand, was born to be a baby factory. Esther is a survivor of the machine we created for her, and the millions of animals just like her who never become anything more than a number in a literal hell hole.

It took getting to know Esther and her incredible personality to open our eyes and help us realize that we could do better, something we now call "the Esther effect". We saw her grow up with our dogs and we realized she was no different from them. She came when we called, she sat for her treats, and she actively looked for us to cuddle at night. It was a huge wake up call that helped us see there were a million alternatives that are better for our health, for the animals, and for the environment. All we needed to do was open our minds and explore them. This isn't just about you or me, it's about all of us. Your friends, your family, and your children. We're given a very small amount of time on this planet so why not do everything we can to leave it in better condition than it was when we got here?

Changing your lifestyle doesn't need to be hard, but you do need to want it, and nobody but you can make it happen so let's do it. Times are changing and it has never been easier to find "Esther Approved" alternatives for all of your favourite products. Since we decided to take this on we've noticed we sleep better, we feel more energetic, and as someone who had Bronchitis every year since my early teens, I haven't been sick in almost three years. Changes don't happen over night, but making conscious decisions and being more aware of the choices we make will have you on the right path in no time. There are hundreds upon hundreds of people on this page that will happily help too so please, never hesitate to ask. You won't believe how easy, or how amazingly adventurous vegan food can be. It's not all about nuts and seeds so give it a try because let's be honest, what have you got to loose? : )

And that's that, we now return to our regular programming. Sending our love and best wishes to each and every one of you. Have an amazing weekend, you deserve it.

Steve, Derek and Esther.

I only recently found out that this is a thing, I never thought of people knitting jumpers for chickens.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/4640253/Jumpers-for-chickens-appeal-kits-out-1500.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Sonic Death Monkey

Still on page one of the thread and really like it!

I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but I've been trying to cut out meat gradually and mostly eat fish now...it's a start I guess.

Also getting some cool ideas from the 'what I had for dinner last night' thread. :)

Looking forward to watching the updated Gary Yourofsky video.

Excuse the not very inspirational post!!

• Advertisement

That's ok, you seem to be thinking about it and making changes - always good, glad you are getting something out of the forum, be sure to join in :)

Advertisement