Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paying accommodation over Xmas

• 29-11-2019 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Is it the norm for a student (living in digs accommodation) to pay for the two/three weeks over the Xmas break ?
    Any experience? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

My sons in digs, he does not have to pay for 2 weeks over Christmas , but i guess its down to the discretion of the owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭thomasdylan

Not the norm to pay over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is there a written agreement in place? At the start, was anything said about such breaks? If you have to pay, I presume you are entitled to stay over Christmas. If you insist on not paying, will the place be available come January?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When I was in Carlow many moons ago, I paid half rate "to keep my place" when I was in digs.

Advertisement