Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pmg007

My brother is selling this Texas import lhd 300 turbo diesel wagon. This has the 126 bhp engine. '84 158k mls orient red with tan tex interior. Needs welding underneath. E.4000 I know of two petrol wagons not sure if owners would sell as clean estates are very scarce now.
    DSCN5632brown230eron.jpg
    DSCN5625brown230eron.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

NOTSURE wrote: »
    hi,old man has mint 1970 citroen ds looking to sell or swap for something like ford model y,citroen is too big as he is in his mid seventies and its left hand drive,immaculate condition and will listen to offers ,thanks

can you give some details on your dads ds, inc price
    thanks, Rugbyman

its ok, saw it on another thread, nice blue one.

2cv wrote: »
    Well this one is ready to go :D and cheap...

hello Deux Chevaux, I have not looked back at every post, but I think you are asking 900 for the gs. now you say cheap?? what do you reckon?
    regards, Rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

rugbyman wrote: »
    hello Deux Chevaux, I have not looked back at every post, but I think you are asking 900 for the gs. now you say cheap?? what do you reckon?
    regards, Rugbyman

You think the asking price of €950 is too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

You think the asking price of €950 is too much?
    I thought that price was vey reasonable??Car seems in good order.

• Advertisement

I thought that price was vey reasonable??Car seems in good order.

The car is good.. It's not perfect but newsflash, it's almost 32 years old :D
    It needs very little and is ready to drive away. 950 defo is a reasonable price.

The car is good.. It's not perfect but newsflash, it's almost 32 years old :D
    It needs very little and is ready to drive away. 950 defo is a reasonable price.

No the price is good value. i perhaps mis read your comments. When i asked the question I almost hoped you were not going to come back with a low price. I am a citroen fan, like left hookers, holiday in france a lot, have no space.

i spend quite a bit of time in France, drining a lot of kms and i dont recall seeing a gs in quite a while. i have seen renault 4 s in not so good condition asking 1,000 euro

Regards,rugbyman

rugbyman wrote: »
    No the price is good value. i perhaps mis read your comments. When i asked the question I almost hoped you were not going to come back with a low price. I am a citroen fan, like left hookers, holiday in france a lot, have no space.

i spend quite a bit of time in France, drining a lot of kms and i dont recall seeing a gs in quite a while. i have seen renault 4 s in not so good condition asking 1,000 euro

Regards,rugbyman

Believe me. in my books, the car is worth an awful lot more than that. But in this day and age, we have to be realistic. The problem though is determining the correct price... If you ask for too much, people won't ring... If the price is too low, people will think the car is a heap of junk. There's just no pleasing people :D

The reason why i'm asking for €950 and not three grand is because i'd like the car to go to an enthusiast who will be able to enjoy her. I don't have the time for her anymore, nor do i have the space. Now i can leave her in the shed and deteriorate, but that's no good to anyone.

So the story stands... €950 for a good GS, not a perfect one, but a good solid low mileage GS.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

So the story stands... €950 for a good GS, not a perfect one, but a good solid low mileage GS.

Sounds sensible money to me. Mine was (at the pre-pound crash) nearly twice that, but it did have the attraction of a G12/619 engine and having the steering wheel on the other side. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

Volvo 480, ltd edition 'Celebration' model - numbered 120 of the last 480 to be sold. Only 'Celeb' in Ireland. Satin White. V good condition.

2.0 injection engine, petrol. 144k miles. Just had new front light clusters and Lambda sensor fitted.

Leather interior/electric windows/electric aerial/heated seats/air con/15" alloys/Lotus suspension/sony minidisc stereo/power steering/airbag/ABS/NCT end of 08-09/Tax 10-09.

Offers considered or would be interested in swap for something reliable with no more than a 1.4 litre engine.

David

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

thinkin of changing...had my fun in this in the sun, when we have some...would swap for mg,beetle or spitfire or something interesting i suppose..vrt is 810 euros

thinkin of changing...had my fun in this in the sun, when we have some...would swap for mg,beetle or spitfire or something interesting i suppose..vrt is 810 euros

swap for a GS?
    LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

erm....let me think...erm...tough decision but i think im gonna pass lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Irish reg P5B,Jan 1970
    Project car for someone maybe?
    View?id=1503748

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/950639

erm....let me think...erm...tough decision but i think im gonna pass lol

oh damn...and here was me thinking i had it bagged :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

hello
    i am looking for spares for a 1975 triumph toledo , mainly after a decent pair of bumpers with reasonable chrome , some idiot took what looks like 40 grit sandpaper to the originals and scratched them badly. if anyone has a set of sprint alloys i'd be interested in those too , in fact anything dolomite or toledo thats going .
    thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

there was a thread here a few days ago on chroming it might be worth checking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

kasper wrote: »
    there was a thread here a few days ago on chroming it might be worth checking
    i think due to eu regulations (chemicals , emissions ,etc )its nearly impossible to do a proper job of chroming now , i think the chromers in the uk don't follow the eu rules and so can do a decent job.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

1977 1500 Very solid chassis and decent body (that's why I bought this one having seen some real rust buckets for silly money), I have it about 2 1/2 years and when I bought it I put a new clutch, pressure plate and bearing in. Starts first time everytime. good battery, new looking tyres. Polybushed all round and new rear leafsprings put in before I bought it. I have a good hardtop for it. The windows in the soft top are cracking so it needs repair or a new soft top (about EUR200). Strong engine. Racing Green. I think I paid EUR4,250 for it needing the clutch done and about another EUR500 having the clutch put in and some tidy up jobs so stands me EUR4,750. It's cheap classic tax and insurance. I'm looking at something else and bearing in mind the recession would be prepared to take in the region of EUR4,000 or decent offer. Would swop for excellent alfasud or MR2 MK1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭briana7214

Hi all,
    picked up my 204 coupe today :D (finally:)) and will need som help getting my hands on some parts so all help is grateful, main bits I need first are a passenger window and a set of locks and ignition barrell !!
    thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

Hi all.
    Ive two motors that might be of interest to someone..
    I'll put pics up asap.

1) 1987 190e, 2ltr auto. parts / restore, car is tatty-its running but needs to be trailered (tyres etc). might suit as a donor car etc or you could put some time into it .I'll post a pic.it has a bodykit.the engine is very tidy and in good order. offers or swop WHY

2) 95 polo 1Ltr 4 door, no nct and needs a re-spray or t-cut (faded red). very sound and on the button- all lights- all electrics and no smells. failed on a shock (replacement there). offers or swop WHY.

let me know if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭airnwater

Anyone ?

Reliant Scimitar GTE series 6a,1977 ,original FORD 3.0 L V6 (essex) ,rare manual gearbox with overdrive,stainless steel exhaust, Spax adjustable shocks ,Wolfrace alloy wheels ,goes well, 48 euro p/a tax,classic insurance,
    NCT exempt , 1595 euro

cameraaug12009scimitar001.jpg

cameraaug12009scimitar009.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Passenger door looks like it need realigning/re-hanging.

some people really need to get a life :D:D

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C96810/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

some people really need to get a life :D:D

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C96810/
    Hah!
    Got a dent in centre of front passenger door in October, nothing serious
    Looks like a it got charged by a rhino!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭gn3dr

I'm looking for 2 second hand doors for an MGB Roadster - might consider MGB GT doors as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

steveone wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Ive two motors that might be of interest to someone..
    I'll put pics up asap.

1) 1987 190e, 2ltr auto. parts / restore, car is tatty-its running but needs to be trailered (tyres etc). might suit as a donor car etc or you could put some time into it .I'll post a pic.it has a bodykit.the engine is very tidy and in good order. offers or swop WHY

2) 95 polo 1Ltr 4 door, no nct and needs a re-spray or t-cut (faded red). very sound and on the button- all lights- all electrics and no smells. failed on a shock (replacement there). offers or swop WHY.

let me know if anyone's interested.

photos att.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Their is a white streched W108 (W112,not sure about which one I`m not too familiar with old Mercs) Mercedes limo near me that is for sale. I havent had a good look at it yet, I`ll try to take some photos of it later.

..........I expect its a W114/115, photos would be great, where is it roughly ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 EdOMatic

gn3dr wrote: »
    I'm looking for 2 second hand doors for an MGB Roadster - might consider MGB GT doors as well.
    I have an MGB GT with good doors that may suit you in Co. Limerick. But would need to sell the complete car. Can you PM me?
    Thanks.

Advertisement