Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaelchultúr or CnaG?

• 31-12-2019 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Thanks to the wonderful Northern Education System... I didn't study any Irish at school.

Therefore my knowledge level is something I am keen to change. I have been going through Duo Lingo for the last two months, and approaching check point three.

Could anyone lend advice on which school offers the best evening classes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 radw

Looking for similar myself. I did do Irish at school but haven't spoken it since. I'm looking for a beginners course in Dub city centre for Jan / Feb intake.

If anyone has experience of Gael Linn on Dame st or Gaelchultúr on Clare st and would recommend please let me know. I started a course in October with another organisation but it was cancelled after 2 weeks due to low numbers. I don't want a repeat of that experience.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Try Conradh na Gaeilge on Harcourt St. They run 10-week courses for all levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The_Fitz

I'm hoping going to attend CnaG for their next round of lessons. Difficult to decide which level I am at.

Did it for a-level, accepted into uni at Galway to study it but changed my mind. Just over 10 years ago.

Out of interest how come you weren't given the choice of studying it in your northern school? I've not heard of that before, unless maybe a state controlled school?

Advertisement