Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ciara - Strong Winds & Potential Snow **TECHNICAL DISCUSSION**

1303132333436»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Storm comparison table for max wind gusts updated to Storm Ciara. I have not removed any storms since the last update contrast to what I said because I have yet to decide on what storms to remove (I have a few in mind like Deirdre, Dirk, Diana, Erik etc). On this occasion, I have also made the dates in text form, added Durrow and Storm Frank from December 2015 to fill in a blank slot on the bottom set of rows.

For new visitors, the gusts are colour coded based on the warning system set out on met.ie. Yellow is 90-110 km/h, Orange is 111-130 km/h and Red is greater than 130 km/h.

The Storm Brendan update to the max 10-minute mean wind speeds table should be coming in the next week or so.

I will also mention that given this has been asked on multiple occasions, the storms in the table have either been added per event, by request (like Brian was) or ones that I thought stood out (such as Doris and before).

QpPmgBq.png

Data from Met Éireann.

Advertisement