Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GAA for adult beginners Dublin

Options
  • 22-06-2019 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Came across a thread on this topic once but it was already a few years old, so thought I might start a new one.
    Did a bit of gaelic at primary school (both football and camogie) and then didn't touch it again until this year in college, when i signed up for an introduction to gaelic football four-week course (the only Irish person there apart from the instructor!) and really enjoyed it.
    Since then I've been thinking that i'd really love to keep the football up in a social/casual setting somewhere around Dublin. I'd also really love to try camogie again.
    Does anyone know of any clubs in the Dublin area that run camogie classes for adult beginners or social football leagues?
    Thanks everyone in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Would be interested to know this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Don't think any clubs would turn you away!

Lots of women's football and camogie and a lot of it is at modest levels. I know a few who only started playing football in their 30s and really enjoy it. Any reasonable level of fitness would see you right.

Advertisement