Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School Shooting in Parkland, Florida

• 14-02-2018 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Breaking story via the BBC - reports of multiple casualties with a shooter still inside the school.

edit: report from Fox News:
    Authorities also said students and teachers should remain barricaded in the school until they could be reached by police

Dispatch at the Broward Sheriff’s Office confirmed the school was on lockdown and police were on location.

According to WSVN, the Margate Fire Rescue team described the scene as a mass casualty incident, which reportedly means at least 20 people were injured.

https://twitter.com/wsvn/status/963861452678246401

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Not again☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭patsy sally

becoming all too regular

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Awaiting the Republican response.

"Let's offer our prayers..." or some such

• Registered Users Posts: 23,082 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I have the same reaction to mass shootings in the USA now as I do to bombs going off in random middle-eastern countries. Apathy.

If nothing changed after Sandy Hook, nothing ever will. Let them at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Awaiting the Republican response.

"Let's offer our prayers..." or some such

Or they could try something useful like reforming gun laws, but no, that would make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

becoming all too regular

It was all too regular years ago, now its just routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭patsy sally

It was all too regular years ago, now its just routine.
    very true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

The shooter is in custody now apparently. A 19 year old student who was known to own guns

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/963878055969198080

Pray but do f**k all about it...same old sh!t

Florida Senator saying "many people" have been killed.

Person of interest arrested but not confirmed the individual is the shooter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Just put on CNN there it's pretty disgusting the coverage IMO. Parents of students on the phone live reading out the texts they are getting and saying where the kids are hiding and how many are there. The reporter acting concerned while trying to milk as much information out of them as possible. What is wrong with people? I mean, if that was my child it wouldn't occur to me to call the news. Ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Just put on CNN there it's pretty disgusting the coverage IMO. Parents of students on the phone live reading out the texts they are getting and saying where the kids are hiding and how many are there. The reporter acting concerned while trying to milk as much information out of them as possible. What is wrong with people? I mean, if that was my child it wouldn't occur to me to call the news. Ffs

Moral bankruptcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭colbarr

Just hearing on Sky News that it's the 13th shooting so far this year and there have been over 300 since 2013! God needs to get his finger out of his arse and start answering those prayers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Police now confirm shooter in custody. Still no official word on numbers of fatalities and injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

If they cared enough they could sort this out, but they obviously don't.

It's extremely fuccked up, and it's poor children who suffer the worst from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,853 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

As said already, if the murder of little kids at Sandy Hook did nothing, forget it. Sorry, but that's the culture over there now. Will be forgotten tomorrow. Sorry to hear of the deaths, but honestly there are so many mad people shooting at random there it is unreal.

And with no offence to a previous poster, but the term "shooter" should be banned. Assassin would be a better term in fairness.

I don't know why they don't have airport style security in schools now like xray etc. to get in.

But that is probably something to do with the personal freedoms under the constitution or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

ceadaoin. wrote: »

You think CNN have a moral compass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Meh.. another mass shooting..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

This is what Bill O'Reilly calls the price of freedom.

https://twitter.com/AJ_sesh/status/963882306560774144

• Registered Users Posts: 15,853 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Duck Soup wrote: »
    This is what Bill O'Reilly calls the price of freedom.

https://twitter.com/AJ_sesh/status/963882306560774144

Amazing the way people can film these incidents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Disappointed but not surprised. Change nothing and nothing will change.

The arrested individual apparently...

DWBqFyAVoAA-oyi.jpg:medium

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

And with no offence to a previous poster, but the term "shooter" should be banned. Assassin would be a better term in fairness.

Murderer would be an even better one. Shooter or assassin makes it sound too cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

What percentage of school shooters are captured alive? Quite low, I’d guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Not again☹️

What else would you expect, it's part of their culture.

Noveight wrote: »
    What percentage of school shooters are captured alive? Quite low, I’d guess.

Apparently an ex student.

Can shoot up children but didn't have the balls to blow his own head off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

If only the students who were shot had their own guns....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

The cycle continues, and will continue until the Americans give up their love affair with guns. The right for civilians to own objects designed to kill is more important than a persons right to live. As per usual the gun nuts will use the usual Bull****e excuses, cars kill, knives kill so ban them blah blah blah........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

J. Marston wrote: »
    I have the same reaction to mass shootings in the USA now as I do to bombs going off in random middle-eastern countries. Apathy.

If nothing changed after Sandy Hook, nothing ever will. Let them at it.

I was actually starting to wonder why there wasn't one until now. It's been quite a while since there's been a school massacre in America. Almost months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Theodore Creamy Shoplifter

Chrongen wrote: »
    I was actually starting to wonder why there wasn't one until now. It's been quite a while since there's been a school massacre in America. Almost months.

It's the fourth US school shooting in 2018.

Advertisement