Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car Insurance - 25plus.ie - €35 off

Options
  • 13-09-2015 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Got sent this voucher through my email from the above company after getting a quote a year ago.

Sine then I've gotten rid of my car so it's no use to me, but could be to someone else.

Just as a caveut, I've heard mixed reviews of this place, some good, more bad. But this may be useful to somebody, but worth going through the T&C's carefully!

VOUCHER CODE: LQ456

Happy insuring!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Only use them if your paying up front. The APR they charge on monthly DD payments is insane compared to other providers

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

Hi all,

Got sent this voucher through my email from the above company after getting a quote a year ago.

Sine then I've gotten rid of my car so it's no use to me, but could be to someone else.

Just as a caveut, I've heard mixed reviews of this place, some good, more bad. But this may be useful to somebody, but worth going through the T&C's carefully!

VOUCHER CODE: LQ456

Happy insuring!

Cheers for the code! Worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

These guys aren't as much of a bargain as they would seem.

I got my insurance with them last year and they were a nightmare from beginning to end.

Easily the worst customer service I have ever dealt with which involved me having to take two days off work ringing around to solve a never ending stream of queries they would pose one after another. Finally I got the account to the point where they covered me but had it locked so I couldn't view any documentation online. At this point I gave up dealing with them as I just couldn't bare to deal with them anymore. This was all due to not mentioning a windscreen claim two years previously. When I was speaking to my previous insurer on this they advised that it was ludicrous and they had never received a query like this before.
    Oh and for every call expect a minimum of 30 minutes on hold listening to the Corrs as they point blank refuse to give direct numbers or emails in order to deal with things efficiently.

I've worked in a call centre myself so have an understanding of what it is like to have a rude obnoxious customer on the other end so always try to be as nice as possible when dealing with people but the staff were nothing short of rude and obnoxious themselves. I got to the point of dreading having to deal with them.

This year I will be happy to pay the additional premium so as to be able to have some comfort in my dealings and confidence that should heavens forbid something did happen where I really needed them such as a serious claim then I wouldn't be left high and dry.

Caveat Emptor applies heavily for anyone looking at this discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

The discount code is still working ... €35 off my quote - thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Didnt work for me initially but about 5 minutes after getting quote I got emailed a new quote with the €35 off!! Can get insured with them for €423 with zero excess,fully comp,windscreen cover,roadside assistance etc.Everyone else I've tried are quoting me around €700(some over €800!!) with €300 excess!! So its definitely a bargain alert for some.
    I'm currently with its4women,got a great price from them last year but they looking for near €500 now.....strange considering they seem to be the same company. Thankfully,I've no complaints with its4women and they're underwritten by AIG which is assuring. So I'll prob go with 25plus this year. The insurance market is a complete scam so if I can get good cover for a good price,I'm happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

toby2111 wrote: »
    Didnt work for me initially but about 5 minutes after getting quote I got emailed a new quote with the €35 off!! Can get insured with them for €423 with zero excess,fully comp,windscreen cover,roadside assistance etc.Everyone else I've tried are quoting me around €700(some over €800!!) with €300 excess!! So its definitely a bargain alert for some.
    I'm currently with its4women,got a great price from them last year but they looking for near €500 now.....strange considering they seem to be the same company. Thankfully,I've no complaints with its4women and they're underwritten by AIG which is assuring. So I'll prob go with 25plus this year. The insurance market is a complete scam so if I can get good cover for a good price,I'm happy with that.

I think there is an excess - you may have ticked the 0 voluntary excess button but all that means is that your excess isn't increased - Their excesses are 450 and 300 depending on which one you go to.

They also charge upwards of €20 per alteration done during the year - lost certificate - €20. Temporary change of car €20. Change address - €20 - Just remember that when going with them.

Yes, you're right. There's a compulsory excess of 300 but all quotes I have gotten have at least this or 450 even 600.
    Do most insurance companies charge for those things? I put my brother on my policy when he's home from USA and anyone I've been with (AIG, RSA) have charged me minimum €20 a week to add him. If I'm saving at least €300 on my policy, like I am with 25plus, I don't mind having to pay for these things, if needed.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just FYI to everyone, there is a Motor Insurance forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1765

There is a thread with a list of insurers in Ireland, and also a thread with quotes people have gotten. I used the list of insurers to get a quote from every last one before buying my cover. It's the only way to go to get the best deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Yes, you're right. There's a compulsory excess of 300 but all quotes I have gotten have at least this or 450 even 600.
    Do most insurance companies charge for those things? I put my brother on my policy when he's home from USA and anyone I've been with (AIG, RSA) have charged me minimum €20 a week to add him. If I'm saving at least €300 on my policy, like I am with 25plus, I don't mind having to pay for these things, if needed.

Adding a driver is an additional risk so will usually be charged for, doing a temporary transfer of insurance say if your car is in for a service is not and most companies won't charge for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Even with this voucher- I'd encourage anyone whose insurance is up to shop around. Mine is up in about 2 weeks time- and I've a renewal quote from Axa of pretty much double my insurance last year- which I'm certainly not going to run with. I'm 42, never been in an accident, no penalty points, full license for 25 years- and the best I can find is FBD- who are offering me a quote of over a hundred less than 25plus or its4women.ie (still significantly more than I paid last year- but at least its within the realms of possibility).

I also tried Blue insurance- who do a two year policy- however, based on my attempting to ring their call centre- I think its safest to give them a miss.

I'm going with FBD (I've never been a customer of them before- but they're Irish- and seem to be easy to deal with).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

My renewal was mental with quote devil, until I called everyone else they were actually the cheapest, until by chance I tried bank of Ireland, which were close to what I paid last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ComputerTech

Hi All ... can anyone in Ireland get Car Insurance from companies in England.
    I recall some months age I was listening to the radio in my car and some adviser on Car Insurance stated that Irish Drivers can get car insurance in England.
    Would anyone know the names of any Insurers they are ?

Thanks so kindly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Was going to go with these guys but right at the end it says they don't insure imported cars! Worth a risk I wonder? Theyre about 200 cheaper thank my renewal quote

Pacifico wrote: »
    Was going to go with these guys but right at the end it says they don't insure imported cars! Worth a risk I wonder? Theyre about 200 cheaper thank my renewal quote

They 100% definitely insure UK imports (they asked me about it). I'm not going with them- because they're too damn expensive. I'm paying my annual premium tomorrow morning- to FBD- who significantly undercut these folk- and appear to have customer support/care teams (from the wait while trying to ring this shower- god have mercy on anyone who has the bad luck to be involved in an accident........)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I would recommend Brian J Pierce in Dublin. They got me insured at over a €100 lower than anyone else & it was on an old Japanese car.

I've got lots of quotes, most coming in between €700 and €800. 25plus quote me €423, I chatted to them via webchat, waited about 5 minutes and they answered all my questions no problem. Has anyone actually had problems claiming from them?

I've got lots of quotes, most coming in between €700 and €800. 25plus quote me €423, I chatted to them via webchat, waited about 5 minutes and they answered all my questions no problem. Has anyone actually had problems claiming from them?

€423?
    What are you driving?
    I'm 42, never had an accident in my life, no penalty points and a 6 year old car. They quoted me just under 800- citing 'everyone's insurance is going up'.
    FBD were over 200 cheaper- hell, even Axa were cheaper (not by much- but they were cheaper).

If you've a quote of €423- bite their hands off- but how on earth is your quote so low?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Wife's insurance was due last week. Last year it was €289 with 123.ie.
    They quoted €490 this year. Searched and searched and got same cover comprehensive NCP, roadside assistance windows etc for €283 with a viva online.
    08 yardis no claims ever.
    could not believe it even cheaper than last year's.
    My own was due last April and I went from €308 to just over €400. 123.ie had quoted me over €500 renewal
    both of us in early 50's living down the sticks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Berberis wrote: »
    Wife's insurance was due last week. Last year it was €289 with 123.ie.
    They quoted €490 this year. Searched and searched and got same cover comprehensive NCP, roadside assistance windows etc for €283 with a viva online.
    08 yardis no claims ever.
    could not believe it even cheaper than last year's.
    My own was due last April and I went from €308 to just over €400. 123.ie had quoted me over €500 renewal
    both of us in early 50's living down the sticks

That is staggeringly low.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Discodog wrote: »
    That is staggeringly low.

Sure is.sonething about it being for new customers. And there was free 8 weeks insurance also
    includes me as a named driver
    http://www.aviva.ie/online/driving/car-insurance/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

I wouldn't waste your time with 25plus.ie.
    I have had an awful experience with them. If you call them by phone for instance to make any changes or cancel policy they charge you an extra 10 euros (on top of the other charges) just for telling them on the phone. Whats all that about!
    Also there insurance excess is very high compared to others.
    Their customer service dept is a joke.
    Stick with the big companies. At least you know where you stand with them.

Same sort of story with Blue Insurance- I've learnt a lesson I'll not forget in a hurry........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I wouldn't waste your time with 25plus.ie.
    I have had an awful experience with them. If you call them by phone for instance to make any changes or cancel policy they charge you an extra 10 euros (on top of the other charges) just for telling them on the phone. What all that about!
    Also there insurance excess is very high compared to others.
    Their customer service dept is a joke.
    Stick with the big companies. At least you know where you stand with them.
    It's a deterrent to stop people ringing, pushing them to use the website instead. That way they don't have to pay as many people to man the phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

It's a deterrent to stop people ringing, pushing them to use the website instead. That way they don't have to pay as many people to man the phones.

Yup,they are doubling insurance quotes but think its acceptable to charge €10 to take a phone call!!!

I hope this government have the balls to finish what they have started

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

I understand that but the website is awful too, when you are on the online chat, there is no way of recording the text as you can with other companies so whatever is written can never be recalled. Its all a bit dodgy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I understand that but the website is awful too, when you are on the online chat, there is no way of recording the text as you can with other companies so whatever is written can never be recalled. Its all a bit dodgy to me.

The entire industry is dodgy. Just some are better at disguising it than others. 25 Plus was cheapest for me so I went with them. No doubt I'll have to go through the annual headmelt next year when they double the premium and I have to move to another crowd of overpriced chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭greep

This 25plus voucher still working in Feb 2017! Thanks for saving me €35

25plus had the best quote for me, but like any other company they want to fool you into paying more...
    My initial quote was €500 (after making some adjustments), but when trying to retrieve it 1 hr later, it went up to €660 (no changes made in the meantime).
    I wrote them a mail explain the situation & they reverted it back to €500, but were unable to explain the reasons behind.
    They just rely on the fact that most people either don't care or don't even realize how their quotation system works & HOW EASY it is to trick people in to paying more. It's unbelievably easy...
    Same with any other company, Virgin Media being an example...

It's good we have Internet where at least those interested, can share & learn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Cheers OP, worked for me as well.
    thx a lot!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Worked for me on their sister site itsforwomen just now, was with 25plus but by moving to itsforwomen & using the voucher, I've knocked ~€100 off the renewal quote :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Just FYI to everyone, there is a Motor Insurance forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1765

There is a thread with a list of insurers in Ireland, and also a thread with quotes people have gotten. I used the list of insurers to get a quote from every last one before buying my cover. It's the only way to go to get the best deal.

You don't happen to have it in a handy list? Mines coming up in a a couple weeks..

Advertisement