Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

£2 return Rosslare -London (Megabus)

• 26-02-2014 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭

Spotted this and thought someone might find it of interest;

http://uk.megabus.com/

Megabus usually do a £1 deal on random dates for random locations, and don't advertise them, but if you do a bit of hunting you can usually spot them.

If you select Rosslare to London for 23rd - 28th April, it's just £2 return. Trip is between ferry and bus and is about 12 hours so won't be for everyone, but even if you got there or back one way and took a plane return I imagine it would be saving a good deal of money if you happened to be traveling around those dates! There are more to other destinations but usually takes a bit of hunting to find them. Hope this is of help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭clarbar

I can't seem to find this deal I put in the dates and just keeps coming up as £21 help lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

clarbar wrote: »
    I can't seem to find this deal I put in the dates and just keeps coming up as £21 help lol
    23rd - 28th April should come up as £1 each way, make sure the dates are right! I just checked and it's still there.
    http://i.imgur.com/EmwHu08.png

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

cheers great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If only I was young and able to hop over to England at the drop of a hat!

Great deal OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

This seems like a right laugh. Load up the Mac, my old mp3 players, couple of books, might meet some new friends. Only major cost would be getting from Dublin to Rosslare really. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ordin73

I can't seem to get this deal either, I've put in the correct dates but it keeps coming up as £20. Is there a code I should use or do I need to sign up to Megabus? Thank you for any help :)

Ordin73 wrote: »
    I can't seem to get this deal either, I've put in the correct dates but it keeps coming up as £20. Is there a code I should use or do I need to sign up to Megabus? Thank you for any help :)
    No, it's definitely those two dates that work. I've tested it on another laptop and it's the same deal. Make sure you picked 1 adult from Rosslare to London on those dates. Has to be Rosslare on 23rd and London on 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ordin73

Cydoniac wrote: »
    No, it's definitely those two dates that work. I've tested it on another laptop and it's the same deal. Make sure you picked 1 adult from Rosslare to London on those dates. Has to be Rosslare on 23rd and London on 28th.

I've got it now, Thank You Cydoniac, when I cleared cookies and tried again..I'm a Duh should have tried that before I asked :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Wow what a deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

This seems to have gone as i have tried it and i get 20 pounds each way

• Advertisement

This seems to have gone as i have tried it and i get 20 pounds each way
    Seems it has now indeed! Maybe I set that off, lol. I imagine there are limited places.

Advertisement